Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2012, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

The Newbie Lounge is a place where you can get answers to your questions about Emirates and the Skywards program. No question is too stupid, nothing is taken for granted, and anything about Emirates you were afraid to ask elsewhere, or weren't sure where to ask, you can ask here.

We realize that FlyerTalk is a huge place. Until you learn your way around, feel free to post here without fear of retribution or reprimands for not using search. Our volunteer Moderators will be monitoring the lounge to assist you in finding your answers but I think you'll find that all members of FlyerTalk are here to assist you with answers and advice.

We're all glad you are here.
/Emirates Skywards Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 1:12 pm
Moderator: Trip Reports
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by aster
If I initially made a booking for 2 pax then can I somehow split them up so that they travel on different dates/separately?
Yes, easily. EK will simply split the PNR (or booking reference number) and create 2 separate bookings. Bear in mind the change fees/fare differential you might have to pay for the amended booking(s)
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:56 pm

Programs: EK,BA,QR
Originally Posted by aster
If I initially made a booking for 2 pax then can I somehow split them up so that they travel on different dates/separately?
Would imagine you would need to cancel then re-book as two separate tickets.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MyraA
Would imagine you would need to cancel then re-book as two separate tickets.
You dont need to cancel. Just ask the agent to split them into 2 separate reservations. You'll be issued with 2 separate booking numbers.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by eightblack
You dont need to cancel. Just ask the agent to split them into 2 separate reservations. You'll be issued with 2 separate booking numbers.
That is essentially what I was meaning. Along with the probable costs to amend tickets/fare basis.

Would pax need to pay for two ticket amendments, even although one had not changed flight etc? I mean just for the admin?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MyraA
That is essentially what I was meaning. Along with the probable costs to amend tickets/fare basis.

Would pax need to pay for two ticket amendments, even although one had not changed flight etc? I mean just for the admin?
From my experience, you would only need to pay ONE change fee...but I suppose it could depend on the agent on the day.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 6:47 am

Not a vital question but.......!
I'm happy I've been able to upgrade a leg of my journey and it's ok that I had to chose a seat on the right-hand of the plane but I've just checked on Expedia and seats are available on there on the left-hand side. Do Emirates release only certain designated seats for upgrades?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 2:06 pm

Not to my knowledge. May just be that some have been blocked by EK and not showing on Expedia. Check Expertflier - quick enrol as a basic member for free. They are pretty reliable.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 11:01 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Broju
Not a vital question but.......!
I'm happy I've been able to upgrade a leg of my journey and it's ok that I had to chose a seat on the right-hand of the plane but I've just checked on Expedia and seats are available on there on the left-hand side. Do Emirates release only certain designated seats for upgrades?
EK may have blocked a couple of seats and if you call up the call center, they will assign you those seats unless they are exit row seats in which case they can only be assigned at the airport during check in.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 1:38 am

Programs: EK Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
I know it will be almost impossible to have an upgrade but does it worth to ask?

Me and my wife, honeymoon, first flight with EK, booked Y, member but of course no miles.

Does it worth to ask?
Or will they start to laugh at us?
Old Apr 26, 2013, 2:09 am

I hope you have a lovely time on honeymoon.

Re U/G - it never hurts to ask, what is the worst that can happen? Doubt if they would laugh. Might be a very lucky day for you.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 2:37 am

You can ask, but generally I guess this kind of questions (both with a real background and those who just fake it) are asked them a lot. If you're really lucky, it's worth a shot - but don't have the slightest hope to succeed with it.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 2:49 am

Thank you MyraA and jackiedada. I've just called and been allocated the seat I'd like - always meant to sit on the left to hopefully see our village from the air on our approach to Newcastle. It'll probably be a very cloudy day!
Keeping fingers crossed for Singapore to Dubai leg upgrade now, though CS tell me it's a heavily booked flight. Does that bode well for an upgrade or not - I suspect it's in the lap of the gods!!
Old Apr 26, 2013, 4:32 am

Does that bode well for an upgrade or not - I suspect it's in the lap of the gods!!
You mean an op-up, right? That depends on what status you have with EK, ie what is your Skywards tier currently - can't seem to make that out from your posts? They prioritize based on status.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:42 am

I'm Silver.
I was thinking more along the lines of upgrading with miles, though if that isn't offered I guess there's the chance of an op-up at check-in?
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:06 am

I'm Silver.
I was thinking more along the lines of upgrading with miles, though if that isn't offered I guess there's the chance of an op-up at check-in?
Well, upgrades should open up closer to your departure date. Keep checking regularly using manage my booking or calling up the local EK call center.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.