Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2012, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zol
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

The Newbie Lounge is a place where you can get answers to your questions about Emirates and the Skywards program. No question is too stupid, nothing is taken for granted, and anything about Emirates you were afraid to ask elsewhere, or weren't sure where to ask, you can ask here.

We realize that FlyerTalk is a huge place. Until you learn your way around, feel free to post here without fear of retribution or reprimands for not using search. Our volunteer Moderators will be monitoring the lounge to assist you in finding your answers but I think you'll find that all members of FlyerTalk are here to assist you with answers and advice.

We're all glad you are here.
/Emirates Skywards Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2013, 6:39 am

Guys I've a question about Dubai Connect.

I booked my flight trough a local airliner here in Holland (d-reizen) now I've read about the dubai connect and asked my personal travelagent about this but she cound't help me anyfuther then by saying, go to emirates website.

So I started reading and reading and found out that it was pretty handy. So my flight is:
DUS to DXB
then I will be in Dubai for
17 hr 10 min

Now if I read the following:
http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...i-connect.aspx
I can see that I've to login to Manage a Booking, so I did and there all my information was. Except, I can't find anything about this dubai connect here?

What is the deal actually and how to get this ?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 7:25 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, IHG Rewards Club
but the flight is not _only_ to DXB?

some cheap tickets may not allow for this service.
you flight from DXB must be the first departing flight.
also sometimes 'Dubai Connect' is - from time to time - not visible in manage my booking. No idea why.
You can call them or ask using a form on the webpage.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 3:03 am

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Bulkhead/front rows in Y

I'm flying EK for the first time next month, on the 380 in Y. On seatguru, most airline/aircraft warn that the bulkhead rows in Y, although having more legroom, also have fixed armrests and therefore somewhat narrower seats. I notice that the EK A380 on seatguru doesn't have such a comment. Extra legroom is great, but I'd rather have some extra width, especially on such a long flight. At the moment I can get a middle in the very first row of Y (45F?) or a choice of lots of aisle seats throughout the cabin.

Advice?
Old Mar 13, 2013, 5:20 am

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by RadioGirl
I notice that the EK A380 on seatguru doesn't have such a comment.
I've never sat in row 45 on the 380 though in all likelihood it would be that the bulkhead seat need to have the arm rests fixed since that is where the tray tables go in.

If you can get an empty 4 seater (or even a 3 seater) all to yourself at the back, that is where I would go.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL PM
I just booked only my 2nd trip on EK and am flying into Jfk on DL who told me they have an interline baggage agreement with EK so am hoping I see my luggage in DXB. Just wanted to check my seat assignments and believe these have been recommended-14A on the 380 and 7J on the 777 back to LAX. Does 14A have full access to the aisle(looks like it on seat maps) and is seat 7J ok and not too close to lavs/galley?

Thanks-looking forward to the 380!
Old Mar 13, 2013, 5:00 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Jac747
I just booked only my 2nd trip on EK and am flying into Jfk on DL who told me they have an interline baggage agreement with EK so am hoping I see my luggage in DXB. Just wanted to check my seat assignments and believe these have been recommended-14A on the 380 and 7J on the 777 back to LAX. Does 14A have full access to the aisle(looks like it on seat maps) and is seat 7J ok and not too close to lavs/galley?

Thanks-looking forward to the 380!
14A is great on the A380 and does have direct aisle access.
7J is kinda close to the lavs/galley but not close enough to make it problematic IME.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by RadioGirl
I'm flying EK for the first time next month, on the 380 in Y. On seatguru, most airline/aircraft warn that the bulkhead rows in Y, although having more legroom, also have fixed armrests and therefore somewhat narrower seats. I notice that the EK A380 on seatguru doesn't have such a comment. Extra legroom is great, but I'd rather have some extra width, especially on such a long flight. At the moment I can get a middle in the very first row of Y (45F?) or a choice of lots of aisle seats throughout the cabin.

Advice?
Tray tables (and TVs, I believe) are in the armrest. The reduced seat with and extra legroom seem to go together unfortunately. However, the 380 Y seat isn't super narrow (like the 777s Y seat) so it isn't as much of an issue.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingdubai
Guys I've a question about Dubai Connect.

I booked my flight trough a local airliner here in Holland (d-reizen) now I've read about the dubai connect and asked my personal travelagent about this but she cound't help me anyfuther then by saying, go to emirates website.

So I started reading and reading and found out that it was pretty handy. So my flight is:
DUS to DXB
then I will be in Dubai for
17 hr 10 min

Now if I read the following:
http://www.emirates.com/english/plan...i-connect.aspx
I can see that I've to login to Manage a Booking, so I did and there all my information was. Except, I can't find anything about this dubai connect here?

What is the deal actually and how to get this ?
Welcome to FT!

Is your connecting flight the first flight to that destination?
Old Mar 13, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Tray tables (and TVs, I believe) are in the armrest. The reduced seat with and extra legroom seem to go together unfortunately. However, the 380 Y seat isn't super narrow (like the 777s Y seat) so it isn't as much of an issue.
Thanks for your help; I thought that (the bolded part) was likely.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL PM
Thanks again...
Old Mar 14, 2013, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC
Guys. I know and I'm not looking for exact figures because it's impossible. Hope this is ok to ask here. What's the general feeling of the load factor when flying from Gatwick to Dubai? Glasgow is pretty packed.

I'm 6ft 3 and would hope to be on a more empty plane to find a place to stretch out.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 5:43 am

I am going to achieve Silver on my next flight. Will I be entitled for Silver privileges for that flight?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by jennytan
I am going to achieve Silver on my next flight. Will I be entitled for Silver privileges for that flight?
No. The miles are not awarded until you land at your final outbound or inbound destination.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 6:53 pm

Programs: EK Gold, Hyatt
not really a mileage question and seeing as though I cannot get assistance from the Social Media site or the guys on the phone I thought I'd ask here.

This error keeps occurring whilst trying to book a multi-city flight.

Sorry, seat availability has changed. Please restart the booking process using the Search by Schedule option.

it happens with different browsers, different date selections, and different destinations...

anyone have any suggestions or tips?

TYIA.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 5:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Iberia Oro
Award Ticket Lounge Access

I'm traveling on a Business Class award ticket and was denied access to the Business Class Lounge in Dubai prior to my next EK after connecting from a previous EK flight from New York. I was told Award Tickets don't get lounge access. Is this true? I have searched the internet and found nothing to confirm the gate keepers statement but would assume she would see many Business Class Award customers every day and know the rules.

At JFK I was given lounge access no problem and advised I might have issues in other cities. At JFK however business class boarded directly from the lounge which might explain why I was given access.

Any help?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.