ELAL FF Program Update...

Old Nov 13, 14, 12:56 pm

Programs: LY Gold; BA Silver;
Originally Posted by steffa View Post
Indeed that is what I am referring to. As I said I pre-upgrade every flight. My earning will go down by approximately 10% and my reward cost increases by 50% percent, totalling 956 points more every trip
Then I guess your initial post was sarcastic, which I did not understand at first...

Last edited by gordo6; Nov 13, 14 at 1:13 pm
Old Nov 13, 14, 12:56 pm
Company Representative - El Al Airlines

Originally Posted by entropy View Post
? BA has that fuel surcharge, which I believe is still bigger than LY's.

Since LY doesn't have a real US credit card, you have to rely on HAS/Amex, which put a business class flight at 160-200k comparable points to the east coast (vs 120~140k on US competitors).

Well, flying to NYC in C class will earn you 320 points per segment. If you are a FLY CARD holder you will getbetween 352 to 384 points.

So 4000/352= 11.3 and 4000/384= is 10.4.

Annnddd you pay less fuel surcharge than BA.
Old Nov 13, 14, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EL AL Rep. View Post
Annnddd you pay less fuel surcharge than BA.
While you might be right on that one, I would be careful comparing Matmid to BAEC - trust me when I say you would not compare favorably.

Last edited by clubman; Nov 13, 14 at 11:42 pm
Old Nov 13, 14, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by damaxer91 View Post
What about for those of us in the US?
Those of who will convert 100 from CC companies or SL/GL/PL/TP members will enjoy the benefits of the EXECUTIVE Circle which will be launched on Feb. 10th, 2015.

1. More points for your flights
2. Special Bonus ticket fares
3. Pay+ Points: you can pay for part of your flight tickets (purchased in EL AL's website) with points.

and more...

For more details visit:
http://www.elal.com/en/FrequentFlyer...s/default.aspx
Old Nov 13, 14, 1:15 pm

Programs: LY Gold; BA Silver;
Well, flying to NYC in C class will earn you 320 points per segment. If you are a FLY CARD holder you will getbetween 352 to 384 points.
You forgot that C fare costs like first class. More sane fares earn 180 points, or 260.

BTW, why do you think it is logical that J fare to LAX earns 220 points, but flying to LAX via NYC (on the same cost, with B6 codeshare) earns 240. So you end up paying B6 for my seat and giving me more points... Where is the logic?
Old Nov 13, 14, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by awayIgo View Post
This is all a joke. I am a lowly silver whose 2 trips ( with a point/$ upgrade to business) just earned me the 800 points to stay silver. Yes, right before HAAS Advantage "died" I did convert, so I guess I would be eligible for whatever. But, that doesn't take care of my new "downgraded" experience. I have faithfully been flying El Al for more years than I care to admit and I feel like I have been royally scr***d! I just got off the Delta Website and while the business will cost me more--it is a lot more comfortable. ie. 777 still has the crappy angled seat! It is going to take a lot to get me to stay with El Al. It is also real easy to get American Credit cards that give Delta points!

BUT a question. I have a ticket where I am hoping to upgrade with vouchers. I leave for Israel in Dec. but don't return until mid March. Will I still be able to voucher or has that disappeared and will by agent have to figure out some way to keep me in business?
Upgrade policy hasn't changed. You will be able to upgrade your flights with points subject to the same Matmid upgrade poilicy . BTW upgrade prices will remain the same.
As to HAS Advantage , EL AL is checking alternatives and hope to come up with one soon.
Old Nov 13, 14, 2:05 pm

banks? plural? You guys don't seem to get it. One bank, one issuer, and have a solid program. From what I can tell, you have "Fly Card" arrangements with a gazillion different Israeli banks. United = Chase, AA=Citi, AS=BofA, DL =AX. And those are real airlines.

And none of your US competitors expire points 3 years after earning them, only if there's no activity in the account.
U R right. Non of the US competitors expire points after 3 years . EL AL is not flying only to US destinations. In that aspect, you should compare EL AL to European airlines which expire points after 3 years.

As to FLY CARD, the numbers show that people understand the many advantages they can enjoy if issuing it.
  • More points for your flights
  • Attractive bonus ticket fares
  • Pay + Points (pay for part of your flight ticket with points)
  • 50% off for your second suitcase
  • Priority in Last minute upgrades (for FLY CARD PREMIUM )
  • and much more...

for more details about FLY CARD & FLY CARD Premium visit:

http://www.elal.com/en/FrequentFlyer...s/default.aspx
Old Nov 13, 14, 3:44 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz Five Star Gold
Liat,
Does the "Executive Circle" offer identical benefits as "Fly Card Premium"?
Specifically, does it have the same weight in Last Minute Upgrades? Does it give the same amount of points per flight?
Old Nov 13, 14, 6:20 pm

Those of who will convert 100 from CC companies or SL/GL/PL/TP members will enjoy the benefits of the EXECUTIVE Circle which will be launched on Feb. 10th, 2015.
And what cc companies are those exactly?
In Canada, there are none.

Diners Club may offer it- but Diners Club in Canada is only a Corporate Card which has not accepted new applications in almost 9 years.
Amex Canada does not offer any transfer to Matmid.
Old Nov 13, 14, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by simba8 View Post
And what cc companies are those exactly?
In Canada, there are none.
I was wondering that as well.

I certainly cannot convert my UK Amex MR points to LY.
Old Nov 13, 14, 11:10 pm

Liat--thanks for answering re: upgrade vouchers. My concern now is my ability to stay silver has gone down to zilch!
Old Nov 13, 14, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
U R right. Non of the US competitors expire points after 3 years . EL AL is not flying only to US destinations. In that aspect, you should compare EL AL to European airlines which expire points after 3 years.
OK, Liat, perhaps the people running Matmid really don't know what their competitors are doing. Let me help you with your competitive intelligence:

flying Blue (AF/KL)

With Flying Blue, your Award Miles will never expire as long as you take one flight every 20 months on AIR FRANCE, KLM or one of the SkyTeam partners.
http://www.flyingblue.com/news/1555/...ing-miles.html
Lufthansa does expire unused miles 3 years, but if you hold a Lufthansa Credit Card, or have FTL/SEN/HON status, they don't expire.

British Airways
Your Avios stay with you as long as you collect, spend, purchase or share at least one Avios every 36 months — any longer and your Avios will expire and be removed, so remember to take action before those three years are up.
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...s-expiry-rules
El AL has the worst policy of the big three. Mazal Tov.
Old Nov 14, 14, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

perhaps the people running Matmid really don't know what their competitors are doing.
wouldn't be a huge surprise, would it...
Old Nov 14, 14, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You know, the more I think about it, the more I feel LY have seriously cheated people into taking out their new CC in an aggressive campaign, only to then devaluate the program 3 months later.

Seems like a deliberate move to me...
Old Nov 14, 14, 1:28 am

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz Five Star Gold
I know from a business perspective, El Al's entire operation, from the corporate culture to the anti-competitive policies, to the pathetic FF program, the lousy, behind-the-times hard product and the worn out, old aircraft, make it a disastrous company which is an embarrassment to the State of Israel.

But then, when week after week, even as a TPL, I don't get the upgrade because they manage to sell out the seats in C on their ex-JFK, EWR, LAX and LHR flights - even with the pathetic A/C and sub-par hard product . . . That's the answer. They don't give a damn because, apparently, they don't need to give a damn. Its a wasted opportunity for the company, because they could so easily be so awesome instead of so mediocre, if that. But as long as the Borowich clan doesn't give a crap about maximizing profits and is content with engrossing their egos and "monitin" - then they'll just keep on being crap.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: