Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ELAL FF Program Update...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Looking further into the changes I see almost everything has gone up in terms of the number of points needed including preferential seats, and premium economy (up to 600 points instead of 600 on the longer routes).

Only thing that hasn't changed and in fact better value at times (winter schedule) are UP redemptions.

Well done ELAL for making a c**** program even c****pier...
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
What excuse do they have for not lowering fuel surcharges?
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Summary of the changes from a North American perspective, http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/54884
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
oh yeah, and I just got an email from LY, looks like they're giving the FLY Card bennies to non-IL members who transfer CC points into LY...

Silver, Gold, Platinum and TOP Platinum members living outside of Israel and abroad TL members, who converted in the last 12 months at least 100 points, from non Israeli credit cards and are non FLY CARD holders, can enjoy special benefits.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Summary of the changes from a North American perspective, http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/54884
Very we'll put, basically saying what I says earlier - Matmid just gone from bad to worse...

Bad premium product and now an even worse FF program.
Nothing would intice me to use them on a regular basis.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:07 pm

Official

It's now on the El Al website:
http://www.elal.com/he/FrequentFlyer...s/default.aspx

Shuly
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
So the good news I'm getting from this is...
Welcome back to the LY board ebzed!!
Old Nov 10, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
The few good parts have now been devalued beyond recognition. Talk about destroying a product ...
Old Nov 11, 2014, 2:48 am
Company Representative - El Al Airlines

Originally Posted by ebzed
Just a small visit from an old TP... 8-)
(Happily a top tier FF at other airlines for now)

from 10/02/2015 (Some even from now...)

New Points for Level Requirement:
800 for Silver
1500 for GL
3000 for PL
7000 for TP

Bonus tickets will be "priced" by destination and not by area...
So do earning points will be do per destination and not area...

TP will earn extra 70% points (rather 50% of today).

FLY CARD Premium holders will get 20% points for Base point (count for status) & option to convert 20% of the collected point from credit card as base points...
FLY CARD regulars, gets 10% extra points (bonus, not count for status).

Up to know it was good, Now for the bad part:
GL/KD Members that dont fly EL-AL wont be able to use the lounge
Guest companion entry to the lounge will be limited to x guests per year
TP/PL will pay 10$ for each bonuse ticket...
Points transfered from Credit cards will be limited to 3 years (and not as it now, lifetime).

אני רק שם את זה כאן... like we say in hebrew
It is important to add to the list of benefits to those who issue FLY CARD:
  • A very attractive conversion rate: NIS 250 = 1 Matmid point or NIS190=1 Matmid point if you issue FLY CARD PREMIUM- the most attractive conversion rate in Israel).
  • Special fares for bonus tickets (much more attractive in most destinations). EL AL will allocate more seats for bonus tickets
  • Pay part of the cost of flight tickets (purchased via EL AL's website) with points. For the first time you will also get points for that.
  • 50% discount on payment for one additional piece of baggage beyond the entitlement in Economy Class.
  • Earn points even faster on purchases from You Club shops.

FLY CARD PREMIUM holders will get even more benfits.

for more details :
FLY CARD:
http://www.elal.com/en/FrequentFlyer.../FLY-CARD.aspx

FLY CARD PREMIUM:
http://www.elal.com/en/FrequentFlyer...D-PREMIUM.aspx

Last edited by yosithezet; Nov 11, 2014 at 6:29 am Reason: formatting fixed
Old Nov 11, 2014, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by gordo6
So they'll require less points for status qualification, but will reward less points for flights (180 to JFK in J versus current 200) and will require much more points for rewards (4000 to JFK in J vs 3000).

Overall - And I thought that there can't be any worse than Matmid as it is now... LY always manage to surprise me.

Source - http://www.elal.com/he/FrequentFlyer...s/default.aspx
EL AL hasn't changed its FFP policy for almost a decade despite of the changes in the industry. One of the reasons for not doing so , is not having an alternative. Now it does. EL AL has launched FLY CARD and set a significant set of benefits for those who choose to issue it:

• Attractive bonus tickets fares in most destination. EL AL will allocate more seats for bonus tickets.

• A very attractive conversion rate: NIS 250 = 1 Matmid point or NIS190=1 Matmid point if you issue FLY CARD PREMIUM- the most attractive conversion rate in Israel).

• More points for your flight tickets.

• Pay for part of flight tickets, purchased in the website, with points. and also get points for that...

50% discount on payment for one additional piece of baggage beyond the entitlement in Economy Class.

• Earn points even faster on purchases from You Club shops.

FLY CARD PREMIUM holders will get even more benefits.

for more details :
FLY CARD:
http://www.elal.com/en/FrequentFlyer.../FLY-CARD.aspx

FLY CARD PREMIUM:
http://www.elal.com/en/FrequentFlyer...D-PREMIUM.aspx
Old Nov 11, 2014, 4:25 am

Originally Posted by gordo6
This option was part of flycard from the day it was launched and should not be considered a part of these changes, as they only apply 6 month afterwars and were announced afterwards. BTW, 20% of the "extra" points earned via the CC can be converted to base point. Meaning - 1 base point = 900 NIS (for flycard premium). And even as an owner of flycard plus a J flight to NYC will earn 216 base points (which, going by what you say is an an increase of 8%, however this 20% bonus also applies before the other changes and as such should not be considered a part of them despite what LY says) despite an increase of 33% in reward prices (3000 vs 4000). Overall this is an increase of 23.4% (=(4000/216)/(3000/200)).

So yes, status will be easier for me, but overall this is not an enhancement, but rather a disappointment, and I'll definitely reconsider my future with LY. It's a shame, as up until now I always thought that LY had a good value for rewards.
You didn't mention the fact that if you use your FLY CARD credit card you will get more for your purchases:

For example: points given for NIS5000 expenses a month

FLY CARD PREMIUM holder: 26 points
FLY CARD holder: 20 points
NON fly card holder: 7 points in avg.

Needless to say , the more you use your FLY CARD credit card the more you get.

If you are using your FLY CARD for purchases in YOU stores you can get up to 40 points per purchase.

This would get you to you bonus ticket easier than ever.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by damaxer91
Anything in English?
If you are a Matmid members based in Israel visit this page:

http://www.elal.com/en/FrequentFlyer.../default2.aspx

If you are a Matmid member based out of Israel visit this page:

http://www.elal.com/en/FrequentFlyer...rs-Circle.aspx
Old Nov 11, 2014, 5:06 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by EL AL Rep.
You didn't mention the fact that if you use your FLY CARD credit card you will get more for your purchases:

For example: points given for NIS5000 expenses a month

FLY CARD PREMIUM holder: 26 points
FLY CARD holder: 20 points
NON fly card holder: 7 points in avg.

Needless to say , the more you use your FLY CARD credit card the more you get.

If you are using your FLY CARD for purchases in YOU stores you can get up to 40 points per purchase.

This would get you to you bonus ticket easier than ever.
What about for those of us in the US?
Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
EL AL hasn't changed its FFP policy for almost a decade despite of the changes in the industry. One of the reasons for not doing so , is not having an alternative. Now it does. EL AL has launched FLY CARD and set a significant set of benefits for those who choose to issue it:

• Attractive bonus tickets fares in most destination. EL AL will allocate more seats for bonus tickets.

• More points for your flight tickets.
Surely you are joking. More points for flight tickets? You guys reduced the earnings across the board and then "make up for it" by giving back some of the difference to CC holders... AND you jacked up redemption rates significantly.

What does "not having an alternative" mean? El Al has one alternative that makes a lot of sense: switch from the dumb "matmid point" system to points just like the other 90% of the industry, or perhaps not , as that would show what a terrible value the program is.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 10:06 am

This is all a joke. I am a lowly silver whose 2 trips ( with a point/$ upgrade to business) just earned me the 800 points to stay silver. Yes, right before HAAS Advantage "died" I did convert, so I guess I would be eligible for whatever. But, that doesn't take care of my new "downgraded" experience. I have faithfully been flying El Al for more years than I care to admit and I feel like I have been royally scr***d! I just got off the Delta Website and while the business will cost me more--it is a lot more comfortable. ie. 777 still has the crappy angled seat! It is going to take a lot to get me to stay with El Al. It is also real easy to get American Credit cards that give Delta points!

BUT a question. I have a ticket where I am hoping to upgrade with vouchers. I leave for Israel in Dec. but don't return until mid March. Will I still be able to voucher or has that disappeared and will by agent have to figure out some way to keep me in business?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.