PLUSGRADE - upgrade auction

Old Dec 9, 2011, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: LY GL
ElAl Plus - upgrade auction

went into a reservation i have via ElAl's website (already issued the ticket) and got an offer to use PLUSGRADE system.

in hebrew

באפשרותך לשדרג את כרטיס הטיסה שלך!
הינך זכאי להגיש הצעה לשדרוג של כרטיסך למחלקת עסקים. תהליך השדרוג מתבצע באתר האינטרנט של חברת PLUSGRADE. בלחיצה על כפתור השדרוג הנך מאשר את העברת פרטי ההזמנה שלך למערכת השדרוג.

looking at the plusgrade website it seems that is an action for upgrades to business class. you offer an amount, and if you win, you get upgraded for that amount.

tried to start this process.
you have a scale of amounts to select from .
for a tlv-bkk flight, the range was from 610$ - 1240$ PER ticket , for this leg only !
i don't know if the range has anything to do with the class of the original ticket.

תהליך השדרוג

הגעת למערכת שדרוג PLUSGRADE תהליך השדרוג מתבצע באופן הבא:
1.עלייך לבחור את סכום הצעתך לשדרוג בקטע הטיסה שלך וללחוץ על כפתור "המשך"
2.אנו נודיע לך באמצעות דואר אלקטרוני אם בקשתך לשדרוג אושרה.

לידיעתך, כרטיס האשראי שלך יחוייב רק במידה והצעתך לשדרוג תתקבל.

anyone has more info on this new service ?

update ---
it now appears on elal's website under the name "ElAl Plus"
http://www.elal.co.il/ELAL/Hebrew/Fl...L_AL_Plus.html

Last edited by may_east; Dec 13, 2011 at 10:59 pm
Old Dec 18, 2011, 7:02 am

Programs: BA - GL, Disgruntled ex LH HON
fyi: "EL AL PLUS" (bid type upgrade request)

Sounds a bit as over doing it and removing the value of C/class to me ...

sorry it's in hebrew.. someone care to translate?

danny

אל על גאה להציג:
"אל על פלוס" מהיום כל אחד יכול לטוס במחלקת עסקים

אל על שמחה להשיק מוצר חדש וייחודי ללקוחותינו המשותפים "אל על פלוס"
"אל על פלוס" מאפשר לנוסעי אל על להציע הצעה לשדרוג כרטיס הטיסה
ממחלקת תיירים למחלקת עסקים

נוסעי אל על אשר רכשו כרטיס טיסה במחלקת תיירים (מכל מחלקת רישום), יוכלו להגיש הצעת בקשה לשדרוג כרטיס הטיסה למחלקת עסקים.

גובה ההצעה לשדרוג על פי שיקול דעתו של הנוסע ולפי טווח מחירים המשתנה בהתאם ליעד הטיסה.

הנוסע יוכל לשדרג את הכרטיס באמצעות מערכת שדרוגים ייעודית הזמינה באתר אל על בממשק ניהול הזמנה או באמצעות סוכן הנסיעות בקישור למערכת הנמצאת באתר אל על לסוכני הנסיעות AgentNet .

את ההצעה לשדרוג ניתן להגיש עד 14 יום לפני מועד הטיסה לא שודרג לא חויב!
במידה והצעתו התקבלה, ישודרג הנוסע למחלקת עסקים וייהנה משירות מלא
של המחלקה כולל בידוק בשירות שלום וכניסה לטרקלין המלך דויד.

השדרוג נעשה באמצעות מערכת השדרוגים באתר האינטרנט, על הנוסע לעבור 3 שלבים:
שלב 1 בחירת סכום ההצעה לשדרוג לקטע טיסה או לכל מסלול הטיסה באל על
שלב 2 הזנת פרטי כרטיס אשראי של הלקוח
שלב 3 מסך מסכם בו הלקוח יקבל פירוט הצעת השדרוג ואישור ההצעה
בסיום התהליך ישלח מייל אישור ללקוח על הגשת ההצעה.

30 שעות לפני מועד הטיסה וכ-48 שעות בימי מנוחה (סופי שבוע) וחגים יקבל הנוסע
הודעה לדואר האלקטרוני שלו האם השדרוג התקבל או לא.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
EL AL PLUS - From Now in Everyone Can Fly Business Class

EL AL PLUS enables you to submit an offer to upgrade your flight ticket from Economy Class to Business Class.

Purchase an EL AL flight ticket online, at the Telephone Service Center, or through your travel agent and submit your upgrade offer.

What is an EL AL PLUS upgrade?

This upgrade allows anyone who has purchased an Economy Class ticket to submit an offer for an upgrade to Business Class.
Decide on how much you want to offer for the upgrade, based on your own considerations and on the range of prices that varies for each destination.

How will I know that my offer was accepted and that I was upgraded?

About 30 hours before flight time – or 48 hours before flight time if there is an intervening Saturday or holiday – you will receive an email informing you whether or not your offer was accepted.
If you were not upgraded, you will not be charged!
If your offer was accepted, you will be entitled to all Business Class service amenities.

So how can I submit an upgrade offer?

When booking your flight tickets on EL AL's website, at the end of the purchase process, on the reservation confirmation page*, a window will open with an invitation to submit an offer for an upgrade. In all other cases, access your booking after it has been ticketed, via the "Manage My Booking" option under the "Services" menu on EL AL's website and click on "Updating Reservation". After inserting your reservation number and your last name, a window will open* to enable you to submit an offer for an upgrade.

The upgrade system includes 3 stages:
Stage 1 – for a flight segment or for all EL AL segments booked in itinerary
Stage 2 – Enter credit card details
Stage 3 – Details of the upgrade offer and confirmation
At the end of the process, an email will be sent confirming that an offer for an upgrade was submitted.

*EL AL PLUS service is available for specific flights in line with commercial laws as determined by EL AL at its own discretion.

Last edited by clubman; Dec 18, 2011 at 7:22 am
Old Dec 18, 2011, 9:35 pm

This basically seems to be a gimmick to make sure that business is 100% occupied. I guess they figure any amount over economy is better than nothing.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by awayIgo
This basically seems to be a gimmick to make sure that business is 100% occupied. I guess they figure any amount over economy is better than nothing.
it's not "any amount"

for a BKK flight i have scheduled, i was offered this option. the upgrade starts from 610$ per person
Old Dec 19, 2011, 12:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
No mention of what Y classes will be offered this option. I wonder if there are any restrictions. If not, I certainly wonder how and if this will impact Matmid members who are usually upgraded last minute or 48 hours before for a few point. For example, if someone has bought a very cheap Y ticket and offers an upgrade, LY would probably prefer his/her cold cash on top of the GL members points for the last minute upgrade.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by economyman
No mention of what Y classes will be offered this option. I wonder if there are any restrictions. If not, I certainly wonder how and if this will impact Matmid members who are usually upgraded last minute or 48 hours before for a few point. For example, if someone has bought a very cheap Y ticket and offers an upgrade, LY would probably prefer his/her cold cash on top of the GL members points for the last minute upgrade.
i was ofered this option on an E ticket (bonus). with starting price of 610$.

as they anounce the "award" of this option 48 hours before the flight, this is , as i understand, before the deadline of the last minute upgrades (which sometimes takes palce only 24 hours before the flight).
but they are not stupid... they will not offer this on flights they think they have good chances on selling the biz tickets.

on a roundtrip flight to bkk on E class, i was offered this only on the outbound and not tne inbound. but as i snugged biz seats with economy service, there is no sense in paying extra for biz class.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 1:41 pm

business class seats with economy service

How does one snag business class seats with economy service? Is that something that can be confirmed in advance?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
If you're LY Platinum/Top Platinum you can select these seats in advance, as soon as you've made your booking.
If your'e Gold, you can get them either at check in or 24 hours before, not sure.

Anyone else can purchase these seats at airport check in.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubman
If you're LY Platinum/Top Platinum you can select these seats in advance, as soon as you've made your booking.
If your'e Gold, you can get them either at check in or 24 hours before, not sure.

Anyone else can purchase these seats at airport check in.
Gold can also select these seats right after booking. free for the member, and one additional seat can be pre-assigned for 250$ (so does platinum. i think that TPL gets one more for free)
Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Really? I was sure Golds couldn't select untill check in (for free, but at check in...).
Old Dec 22, 2011, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubman
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Really? I was sure Golds couldn't select untill check in (for free, but at check in...).
this is only the case for F seat with C service. Gold cannot pre-assign them.. only at the airport during checking (sometimes only at the gate).
Old Dec 22, 2011, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by may_east
this is only the case for F seat with C service. Gold cannot pre-assign them..
I see, thanks for the clarification.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 1:40 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
A few airlines are doing this - Virgin Atlantic and Air New Zealand come to mind.

Another way to extract some revenue out of people.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by may_east
i was offered this option on an E ticket (bonus). with starting price of 610$.
had the same price offering on one leg for tlv-yyz.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.