FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PLUSGRADE - upgrade auction
View Single Post
Old Dec 18, 2011, 7:15 am
clubman
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
EL AL PLUS - From Now in Everyone Can Fly Business Class

EL AL PLUS enables you to submit an offer to upgrade your flight ticket from Economy Class to Business Class.

Purchase an EL AL flight ticket online, at the Telephone Service Center, or through your travel agent and submit your upgrade offer.

What is an EL AL PLUS upgrade?

This upgrade allows anyone who has purchased an Economy Class ticket to submit an offer for an upgrade to Business Class.
Decide on how much you want to offer for the upgrade, based on your own considerations and on the range of prices that varies for each destination.

How will I know that my offer was accepted and that I was upgraded?

About 30 hours before flight time – or 48 hours before flight time if there is an intervening Saturday or holiday – you will receive an email informing you whether or not your offer was accepted.
If you were not upgraded, you will not be charged!
If your offer was accepted, you will be entitled to all Business Class service amenities.

So how can I submit an upgrade offer?

When booking your flight tickets on EL AL's website, at the end of the purchase process, on the reservation confirmation page*, a window will open with an invitation to submit an offer for an upgrade. In all other cases, access your booking after it has been ticketed, via the "Manage My Booking" option under the "Services" menu on EL AL's website and click on "Updating Reservation". After inserting your reservation number and your last name, a window will open* to enable you to submit an offer for an upgrade.

The upgrade system includes 3 stages:
Stage 1 – for a flight segment or for all EL AL segments booked in itinerary
Stage 2 – Enter credit card details
Stage 3 – Details of the upgrade offer and confirmation
At the end of the process, an email will be sent confirming that an offer for an upgrade was submitted.

*EL AL PLUS service is available for specific flights in line with commercial laws as determined by EL AL at its own discretion.

Last edited by clubman; Dec 18, 2011 at 7:22 am