Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gordo6
See latest posts for updates and discussion.
Print Wikipost

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: SPG Gold
BA adds flights for the summer

https://www.0404.co.il/?p=141525

I think they have been doing this every year, so not a big surprise.
tedcruz likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by nombody
https://www.0404.co.il/?p=141525

I think they have been doing this every year, so not a big surprise.
I guess they put out the same press release every year!

They basically have a winter schedule and a summer one.
In the winter they fly 2 flights a day in each direction, currently both 777s.
In the summer they fly 3 flights 5 days a week, two with 777s and one with a small A321. The A321 does not fly the route twice a week. Note that the business class on the A321 is NOT a "Club Europe" style aircraft, without proper business class seats, but a "mid haul" aircraft with fully lie flat business class seats.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Originally Posted by mikebg
I guess they put out the same press release every year!
Note that the business class on the A321 is NOT a "Club Europe" style aircraft, without proper business class seats, but a "mid haul" aircraft with fully lie flat business class seats.
Yup, from what were originally aircraft destined for BMI.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Can someone please tell me what the above article says in English?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Transavia launching Eilat to Amsterdam flights: Globes English - Transavia to launch Eilat - Amsterdam flights
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by tedcruz
Can someone please tell me what the above article says in English?
It says that BA will be flying 19 flights a week this summer - 3 on most days of the week. Pretty much word for word identical to their press release a year ago. Nothing new. Just their regular winter/summer schedule switch.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by mikebg
It says that BA will be flying 19 flights a week this summer - 3 on most days of the week. Pretty much word for word identical to their press release a year ago. Nothing new. Just their regular winter/summer schedule switch.
No news, good news
tedcruz likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:40 pm

Looks like other Asian airlines are interested in flights to Israel if they can overfly Saudi Arabia too.
More Asian Airlines Ask Saudis for Airspace Rights for Tel Aviv Flights | The Jewish Press - JewishPress.com | TPS / Tazpit News Agency | 26 Nisan 5778 ? April 10, 2018 | JewishPress.com

This is really what El Al is afraid of. The new Air India flight by itself is not much of a threat, but if other Asian airlines could also overfly Saudi Arabia to get to Israel that would really be a problem. I think however the Saudis will probably not approve any other flights for now as they want to observe the fallout from this Air India flight before they move ahead with allowing anything else, and also this was in some ways just doing a favor for India as they have much more strategic interest in cooperating with India, and nowhere near as much strategic interest in doing it for Singapore, and even less for the Philippines.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
If Singapore enters into the market, it will be in full competition with Cathay.

Last edited by tedcruz; Apr 18, 2018 at 1:10 pm
Old Apr 17, 2018, 4:43 pm

The article linked by Nombody above says that the AI flight shaves off three hours compared to the route that LY has to take.

Now, by doing a quick search on FR24, I can see that the last three AI flights DEL-TLV were 6:59, 7:16 and 7:00, while the two latest LY flights BOM-TLV were 7:19 and 7:21.

Now, I know that DEL is probably at least an hour extra from TLV compared to BOM, but the 787 is also significantly faster than the 767 used by LY. So it appears to me that the Saudi route only shaves off an hour or so. Or am I missing something?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
In addition to OS increasing their flights to VIE, Wizz is adding daily A321 service. https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...vienna-in-w18/
Old Apr 25, 2018, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Philippine Airlines planing on launching flights to TLV flying over Saudi Arabia by the end of the year.

http://business.inquirer.net/249785/pal-likely-open-direct-flight-tel-aviv
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:00 am

Hainan launches Guangzhou-TLV Flights

Globes English - Hainan Airlines to launch Tel Aviv - Guangzhou flights

This is quite impressive now that there will be direct flights to 4 different destinations in China, plus Hong Kong by the end of this year. (Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou by Hainan, Chengdu by Sichuan airlines, Beijing and Hong Kong by El Al, Hong Kong by Cathay Pacific).
Old Apr 27, 2018, 12:34 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by clubman
Philippine Airlines planing on launching flights to TLV flying over Saudi Arabia by the end of the year.

http://business.inquirer.net/249785/pal-likely-open-direct-flight-tel-aviv
Direct flight distance MNL-TLV: 5,476 miles.
Simulated flight distance MNL-TLV without going over Pakistan and Iran: 5,736 miles.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by nombody
Globes English - Hainan Airlines to launch Tel Aviv - Guangzhou flights

This is quite impressive now that there will be direct flights to 4 different destinations in China, plus Hong Kong by the end of this year. (Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou by Hainan, Chengdu by Sichuan airlines, Beijing and Hong Kong by El Al, Hong Kong by Cathay Pacific).
CAN flights will begin on August 2nd.
also, as per the website of TLV airport, 2 weekly SZN flights by HU will begin on September 2nd (I’ll believe it when they are loaded) and the 2 weekly CTU service will begin on September 26th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.