Reload this Page >

Best Fish and Chips in United States?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Fish and Chips in United States?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2007, 9:43 am

I'm by no means an expert, but everyone I've taken to Alexandria's Eamonn's raves about it. Very authentic feel to the place, although it can be hard to get a seat.

Only about 15 minutes from DCA in Old Town.

http://www.eamonnsdublinchipper.com/
Old Jul 20, 2007, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
Actually, fair food can be good. The local renaissance festival (Hoggetown Fair) has a couple who runs a fish-n-chips booth. They are from Yorkshire, and know how to do it right
Well sure, it's Faire food. I stand by my blanket condemnation of Fair Food.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 12:43 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by IAHflyer
...Perth WA
Uh...which one?
Old Jul 20, 2007, 1:49 pm

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
Long John Silvers
I'm guessing this was meant to be a joke, but as bad as it is, I do get cravings once a year for Long John Silvers. It's the Catholic upbringing...at least one Friday during each Lent, I'm there devouring fish-flavored grease.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you think Long John is bad, what do you think of H n' salt?
Old Jul 21, 2007, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Originally Posted by IAHflyer
Yep, WA as in Western Australia...

My post was a reply to a general "Best Fish & Chips" thread, which was later split in two by a mod. (a little hastily it would seem). The other half of the fish&chips thread is in the Australia forum, where my first post should have been included...

In the states, I've had decent fish and chips at Richmond Arms in Houston
I agree. In fact, the Fish and Chips at The Richmond Arms was one of the few things that kept me in Houston for many years.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by RockyMtnScotsman
No contest - Humpy's in Anchorage! beer battered halibut and chips and a Portage Glacier Porter on tap
I'm headed to ANC this fall. ^
Old Oct 16, 2007, 2:17 pm

Having grown up around LHR and eaten fish and chips basically every week of my life, I've been living around ORD for the last 6 years. Consequently I've been missing the real stuff.

This weekend I went to SEA with my girlfriend, and, as recommended by this thread, tried the fish & chips at Ivar's. It really was nothing to write home about, but we did visit this random place on the seafront which had great cod. Sorry I don't have the name, but it was just south of Wall St on Alaskan Way.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Originally Posted by nigelloring
Having grown up around LHR and eaten fish and chips basically every week of my life, I've been living around ORD for the last 6 years. Consequently I've been missing the real stuff.

This weekend I went to SEA with my girlfriend, and, as recommended by this thread, tried the fish & chips at Ivar's. It really was nothing to write home about, but we did visit this random place on the seafront which had great cod. Sorry I don't have the name, but it was just south of Wall St on Alaskan Way.
Do us a favour - What did the shop look like? (I am getting desperate)

Last edited by PhlyingRPh; Oct 16, 2007 at 4:15 pm
Old Oct 16, 2007, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I really like the F&C at McCormick and Schmicks,and the setting is a little nicer than a stand.Portions are very large and come with great slaw on the side-less than $10 I belive.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 4:22 pm

Original Halibut's Portland, OR
Old Oct 16, 2007, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA 1P, MR PE ++++
Originally Posted by haveric
I'm by no means an expert, but everyone I've taken to Alexandria's Eamonn's raves about it. Very authentic feel to the place, although it can be hard to get a seat.

Only about 15 minutes from DCA in Old Town.

http://www.eamonnsdublinchipper.com/
Just ate there this past week and it was really good. only thing was the plastic cups for the draft guinness.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The best Fish and Chips I've ever had was from a shack in Seward, AK. It was years ago, but I went twice (about a year apart) and both times it was great. Salmon, Halibut, and another white fish (maybe a codlike thing) - yumyum. I have no idea if they are still around.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Since I hate fish, I'll have to vote for Captain D's. Enough batter and grease and I'll eat just about anything.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
Do us a favour - What did the shop look like? (I am getting desperate)
Go to Jack's Fish Spot in the Pike Place Market. That's the fish vendor there with the live tanks in the corner market building (i.e. not the jerks what throw the fish). He's got a lunch counter with great fish & chips and killer cioppino.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.