Fast Food Chain You Absolutely Detest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Food Chain You Absolutely Detest

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2006, 7:28 pm

honestly, all of them.
my stomach starts to freeze up the moment i comtemplate driving in to the parking lot. i can't even stomach their fountain drinks. yuck.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by dll
I so agree. Call it what it is and don't put inedible parsley on the plate in an attempt to make it "haute." I have much contempt for the likes of Olive Garden and Chilis.
Agreed. There is no worse food than OG. Unfortuately, that is what passes for Italian in many places.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 8:02 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
I abhor Checkers... hurl hurl hurl!

McDonalds sucks too.
Old Mar 29, 2006, 9:28 pm

Programs: Airline/TSA Avoidance Platinum, Hotel Disloyalty Silver, Hertz 1.7*
Just because you get table service doesn't make it not a fast food restaurant. This is what I remember some Shoney's (shudder) manager trying to explain to my father some years ago. "We are a fast food restaurant" he said. I don't remember exactly what Dad's complaint was about. My vague recollection is that it had to do with the pace of things being brought to the table (too fast), which is of course a silly expectation in that sort of restaurant. Dunno why I remember this so well.

There's nothing particularly fast about Cracker Barrel, though, in my experience. I've found it subpar at different locations, so I tend to avoid it. I'd only really care to eat at such a place for breakfast, and would rather settle for Bob Evans instead if it had to come to that. (Around here, we just go to Eat'n'Park for that. The one closest to home is extraordinarily consistent for such a low-end chain place.)

In the realm of the "real" fast food, I have in the past been in a position to judge drive-thrus. I don't think McDs is as good as they once were speed-wise. They had a switchover of tactics a while back (at least for the sandwiches, from making them ahead to putting them together when you order) that only has a few years of practice behind it. Wendy's is my favorite widespread chain for the food anyway, and when they're on, these guys can get you through the line fast fast fast. And this is experience at multiple outlets. Not sure which of these type of places I would rate the worst, though. I don't really like McD's food other than breakfast, although I used to torture myself with it occasionally. BK is generally pretty bad. Many around here closed a few years ago and have not reopened (some were redeveloped, and some still sit empty). Two exceptions are still open within a couple miles of each other near my house, though. Weird.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 4:41 am

Programs: Miles & More, Skywards, Skymiles
By now it is Taco Bell - after some very very bad experience we both, my brother and I had the same time in Florida about a year ago. Yeah I can say I really detest Taco Bell and will never ever eat there again.

Other than that... Hmmm none I can think of.
Working in EMS, fast food is sometimes the only food we can get at 1am.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
What could be worse than White Castle? Especially the one on 8th Avenue in NYC.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by fs2k2isfun
HATE: McDOnalds
LOVE: Chipotle
Ironic then that McDonald's owns a majority of Chipotle stock. Even more ironic:

Many people prefer to load their burrito up when they go to a place like Chipotle that advertises huge burritos. Try the 13" burrito shell with rice, black beans, carnitas, corn salsa, cheese, sour cream and lettuce. That'll get you 1272 calories (only 438 from fat), 3411 mg of sodium, and 141 g of carbs. Compare that to a Big Mac and medium fries - 910 calories, 49 g of fat, 1230 mg of sodium and 89 g of carbs.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 7:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by DCBob
What could be worse than White Castle? Especially the one on 8th Avenue in NYC.

Hmm, White Castles. I love White Castles. When I was in grad school in Ann Arbor on the odd occassion we would go to one of the campus bars when they had like $1 pitcher night or whatever. After getting lots of refreshment we would pile into someones car and drive all the way to Dearborn for White Castles. Ah to be young, drunk and slider seeking again
Old Apr 6, 2006, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Hmm, White Castles. I love White Castles. When I was in grad school in Ann Arbor on the odd occassion we would go to one of the campus bars when they had like $1 pitcher night or whatever. After getting lots of refreshment we would pile into someones car and drive all the way to Dearborn for White Castles. Ah to be young, drunk and slider seeking again
At least you didn't have to hang glide there like Harold and Kumar.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 4:03 pm

Programs: WN, DL, AA; Hyatt or Wyndham
Hate:

White Castle. as to how anyone can eat it.

McDonald's

Burger King

Any chicken other than KFC or Popeye's

Will go out of my way to find:

Hardee's

Popeyes

yum!
Old Apr 7, 2006, 4:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
How about a subcategory: "Never knew what all the fuss was about"

I hereby nominate...

White Castle (or for that matter, Krystal)
Steak and Shake
In and Out Burger (okay...so they're decent, but who'd go out of their way for one).

Now, back to the absolutely awful....

Hardee's
Sbarro
Rocky Roccoco (upper Midwest)
Taco Bell

Those of us who go to Canada on a frequent basis have learned to avoid...

Harvey's (Canada's overcooked, overly greasy answer to Mickey D's)
Swiss Chalet (Charbroiled chicken...great idea, great concept...lousy food.)
Tim Horton's (donuts are pretty tasty, but adding sandwiches was a bad idea)

And in the UK....

Garfunkels (a chain that redifines "undistinguished")
Old Apr 7, 2006, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1mm; DL Plt; Marriott Gold; Hyatt something or other; Hilton Gold
Taco Bell. The meat looks like Alpo, even on the commercials. Disgusting.

While the burger joints have certainly slid down the ladder of quality in the last decade or so, none of them warrants my detestation.

The pizza places are pretty bad - and what kills me is that most people have a choice of a local 'za joint which runs circles around these nasty zones. Heck, some of the bake and rise pizzas are better than Domino's.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 5:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum,
I enjoy Panera Bread, Qdoba, and Chipolte....

I do not like Subway, Mcdonalds, KFC, Taco Bell, Long John Silvers, or Burger King... I tend to stay away from the fast food restaurants that have drive thru windows... ^
Old Apr 7, 2006, 5:57 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
I should have mentioned... I adore Chik-Fil-A and In-n-Out burger, but not many moer
Old Apr 7, 2006, 8:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by Delta Hog
Hate:

White Castle. as to how anyone can eat it.

McDonald's

Burger King

Any chicken other than KFC or Popeye's
So you hate any chicken you haven't tried?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.