Fast Food Chain You Absolutely Detest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Food Chain You Absolutely Detest

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2006, 10:48 am

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
While not exactly a fast food place....I thought that I would weigh in on a chain that I detest in any case.

Cold Spring Creamery Ice Cream Shoppes.

1) Their pricing is insane. Hey, if you can find suckers willing to pay out the rear for your product...more power to you. But to charge 30-50% more than other ice cream joints for a product that is only marginally as good....well, like I said good luck.

2) The singing servers. Ok, the first time I heard it standing in line, I thought it was cute. 10 minutes later, it was annoying. 20 minutes later, I wanted to hit them with their scoops. 40 minutes later while leaving, I vowed never to set foot in the place again.

Baskin Robbins still does it right. And at $3.29 a pint.....it is still affordable.

Rant over.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 8:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by phillygold
While not exactly a fast food place....I thought that I would weigh in on a chain that I detest in any case.

Cold Spring Creamery Ice Cream Shoppes.

1) Their pricing is insane. Hey, if you can find suckers willing to pay out the rear for your product...more power to you. But to charge 30-50% more than other ice cream joints for a product that is only marginally as good....well, like I said good luck.

2) The singing servers. Ok, the first time I heard it standing in line, I thought it was cute. 10 minutes later, it was annoying. 20 minutes later, I wanted to hit them with their scoops. 40 minutes later while leaving, I vowed never to set foot in the place again.

Baskin Robbins still does it right. And at $3.29 a pint.....it is still affordable.

Rant over.
But the ice cream sucks. Perhaps it is because there are now so many premium choices, but Baskin Robbins, IMHO, hasn't been good for years. You might as well buy the supermarket house brand. I'd much rather take my $3.29 and buy a pint of Ben and Jerry's or Haagen Daaz at the grocery store.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 6:37 pm

Do you guys mean Coldstone?
Old Jul 11, 2006, 7:22 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K
Originally Posted by sscott77
Arby's, Taco Bell...anywhere that serves shredded lettuce.

The worst though is when they combine two or three in one, like KenTacoHut's...KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut in one. If I want fried chicken, the last thing I want to smell is Mexican or pizza.

The worst combination I've seen is a combo Dunkin' Donuts and Blimpie's subs. Bologna and bavarian cream donuts just do not work together.
Sounds like Tim Hortons!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.