Fast Food Chain You Absolutely Detest

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2006, 9:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mjcewl1284
Hardees
Taco Bell
Burger King
I dunno Burger King's burgers are good and it's great food when fighting a hangover. Other than that, pretty much everything that is a chain is garbage at any end of the spectrum and I consider them all fast food.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:23 am

Detest is such a strong word, no? I like In and Out burger somewhat, but they have to go on this list just b/c of their french fries. Whataburger and Panda Express as well. Unless you're about to die of starvation, stay far far away from these places. Jack-In-the-Box as well. Plus their commercials are horrible.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by ftgirl
Hardee's and White Castle. Oddly, Carl's Jr. is much better than Hardee's.

Why no love for Jack in the Box? I think they're the best of the major burger chains (In-n-Out is much better, but they're pretty much a CA-only chain, so not major IMO).
Carl's Jr and Hardees' is owned by the same company. They both taste the same to me.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by sangster
I enjoy Panera Bread, Qdoba, and Chipolte....

I do not like Subway, Mcdonalds, KFC, Taco Bell, Long John Silvers, or Burger King... I tend to stay away from the fast food restaurants that have drive thru windows... ^
Panera is more like fast casual but it isn't your typical fast food b/c they serve non-grease laced sandwiches. Panera by far is my fav. Too bad the PHX won't get any until 2008 and it'll only be 3 at that. Chipolte is absolutely horrible when you compare it to Baja Fresh. Never had Qdoba. Always got to Quiznos over Subway. I avoid McDs unless I need breakfast in hurry.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by mkt
I tried 3 new places (to me) over the past few days, and enjoyed 2 of them... the third was good, but nothing exciting.

The good:
Backyard Burgers. Amazingly good fast food burgers
Firehouse Subs. Heaven for a Carvivore like me.

The ok:
Salsaritas Fresh Cantina. The food isn't as good as Moes/Chipotle, but not bad.... and they serve Margaritas.

-----------------------------------------

Also good... Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes
Gotta agree with Firehouse subs. A bit pricey but better than Quiznos/ Moes is ok. Better than Baja Fresh and certainly much better than the Chipotle sh*t.
Old Jun 2, 2006, 1:32 pm

Programs: NWA Silver
McDonald's - the lettuce is usually brown.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 12:43 am

Location: Work/Melbourne Victoria - Home/McKinney, TX (Dallas)
Programs: AA 7.8 MM EXP, QF P1, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium(Life), Hilton DIA, IHG RA, HZ PLAT
Thumbs down on Taco Bueno -- (here in McKinney - even the locals don't partake of it... it's almost always empty in the parking lot).

- I'd wish they tear it down and put in a Weinerschnitzel! Yea!
Old Jun 28, 2006, 12:45 am

Programs: AA 7.8 MM EXP, QF P1, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium(Life), Hilton DIA, IHG RA, HZ PLAT
Originally Posted by volrichard
Krystal

Gotta disagree -- love White Castle AND Krystal... with the nod to White Castle for being the tastier of the two.

Of course - this was all before I started South Beach 8 months ago... (sigh) -- now they are just memories!
Old Jun 28, 2006, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by mkt
I tried 3 new places (to me) over the past few days, and enjoyed 2 of them... the third was good, but nothing exciting.

The good:
Backyard Burgers. Amazingly good fast food burgers
Firehouse Subs. Heaven for a Carvivore like me.

Yep - encountered those two while TDY in Tallahasse FL last year -- The Firehouse Sub had the BEST melted pastrami/cheese sandwich I can remember in a while.

Yet another Chain I'd consider opening in my retirement years (another 15 or so years from now)

-----------------------------------------

Also good... Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes
Old Jul 6, 2006, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
I'm not a fan of Del Taco, even though it seems everyone else is.
They're disgusting - but honestly, only In-N-Out burger is that good - though as someone else said, the fries are lackluster, I have a weakness for Taco Bell too, but beyond that... *shivers*

Jack 'n the box or whatever is particularly disgusting, though...
Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:03 pm

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
Jack in the Box...burgers are horrible, "tacos" are actually frightening...
Old Jul 7, 2006, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
McD's gotta be the worse of the lot that I have been to. Plus any Pizza chain (spoilt New Yorker here )
Old Jul 7, 2006, 5:18 pm

del taco is NASTY i'm glad others agree....they just opened one up near me...and i've made better food in my microwave. My chicken was rubbery and i think i was chewing dirt on my vegetables. I guess I got the wrong thing because others seem to rave about it...but I cant think about going back
Old Jul 7, 2006, 5:53 pm

They have Firehouse and BB in AZ? Both chains are local (more or less)..Firehouse is based in JAX and BB HQ is Memphis.

I agree on both your choices. Having grown up in NY and currently living in TLH, I can say that Firehouse has the closest pastrami to a NY deli in this part of the world. My wife and I can have a filling meal for under $10 when we split a large sub.

My wife loves the burgers at BB, I like the chicken strips w/BBQ sauce (unusual since I am generally allergic to chicken).

On your next trip to TLH, try Cabo's Taco's or Momo's Pizza (as big as your head)..both exude a funky college vibe and serve decent food at a reasonable price.

As a matter of personal taste, I stay away from Chick-Fil-A and Church's

Also, it seems that the closer you are to the home office, the better the food of any given franchise. Chili's in Dallas is decent. Here, the food is not worth a flip.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 6:57 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
I'm not a fan of Del Taco, even though it seems everyone else is.
you are not alone, see: http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572923

Too many restaurants to name but if I had to dine at their location I believe I could, ok I belive I might find something that would be ok and wouldn't hate.

Thankfully that is rarely the case as there are so many choices if one just looks around so I'm not put in that situation frequently.

--

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.