Fast Food Chain You Absolutely Detest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Food Chain You Absolutely Detest

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2006, 5:43 am

Programs: US1, HHDiamond, MR Lifetime Plat, Nat'l Exec, Avis 1st, Priority Plat
I used to be able to eat at a McDonalds. Can't stand the place anymore - even my daughter avoids it (although the toys drew her in when she was a tot).

Hardees has a nice chicken biscuit and if I need a quick bite for lunch I think their angus burger is pretty good.

Taco Bell is one item prepared 10 different ways (and none of them very good).

Subway's vary so much it's hard to say.

I think Church's Fried Chicken is only local???, but it's the worst place I've ever tried to have a meal. I think they feed the chicks pure growth hormone. It's stringier than a French beach resort! (but doesn't have the views)
Old Mar 16, 2006, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum,
The only fast food I will eat is Chick-Fil-A. Other fast food chains makes me sick to the stomach and unfortunately Chick-Fil-A is not on the west coast of the USA yet. Whenever I visit my brother at SFO he asks me to bring him Chick-Fil-A... even if its cold it is still delicious! And the advertising is great too. ^
Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by orfflyer
I think Church's Fried Chicken is only local???, but it's the worst place I've ever tried to have a meal. I think they feed the chicks pure growth hormone. It's stringier than a French beach resort! (but doesn't have the views)
As far as I can tell, Church's specialty is locating restaurants in blighted areas no one else would consider. It tends to give them a semi-monopoly. No one in their right mind would stop there, let alone eat there.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by sangster
The only fast food I will eat is Chick-Fil-A. Other fast food chains makes me sick to the stomach and unfortunately Chick-Fil-A is not on the west coast of the USA yet. Whenever I visit my brother at SFO he asks me to bring him Chick-Fil-A... even if its cold it is still delicious! And the advertising is great too. ^
I know Roseville isn't that close to SFO, but a Chick-Fil-A did just open there. Still closed on Sundays though.

There's one in Fairfield too.

Last edited by jenn_1K; Mar 16, 2006 at 1:37 pm
Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:24 pm

Programs: US1, HHDiamond, MR Lifetime Plat, Nat'l Exec, Avis 1st, Priority Plat
Quote:
Originally Posted by orfflyer

Originally Posted by BamaVol
As far as I can tell, Church's specialty is locating restaurants in blighted areas no one else would consider. It tends to give them a semi-monopoly. No one in their right mind would stop there, let alone eat there.
I was in my left mind that day
You hit the nail on the head though!
Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by tgw
I ate at a place called Steak & Shake one time. Absolutely awful!
I'm not sure that Steak 'n Shake qualifies as you go in and sit down and a waitperson takes your order. Then, they make your food. Even the shakes are made with hand dipped ice cream and then mixed. They do have a drive-up window, though, so I'm not sure. That said, I love a double steakburger platter and a chocolate shake, served in an old fashioned glass with a cherry, a spoon and a straw! Yum!

Back to what's bad, though, what could possibly be worse than an Arby's beeflike sandwich? (Can you say Carl Buddig?)
Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:59 pm

Programs: CX Gold, UA Silver, AA Gold (1MM), Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by sangster
I agree they're pretty good, there's a whole bunch down in Southern California so they have at least been expanding there.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 1:20 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Aeoplan SE, Hilton Gold
Tim Horton's

I might killed for this one, but good Timmies may have cornered the coffee market up here, there lunch's have been pretty awful the last few times I gone there to eat any of their sandwiches. The soups their are just as bad, not to mention most of their meals are over priced (I saw a AD recently for a $6.99 combo "deal" ).
Old Mar 17, 2006, 1:32 pm

What's with Chic-Fil-A and their personal little Blue Law? Must be owned by some fundamentalist.
McDs is very nasty, but (in Colorado) Goodtimes is pretty good (organic beef).
Why oh why must western state fast food places put mayo on the burgers? Do they do that elsewhere (didn't used to in NY)?
Old Mar 17, 2006, 2:02 pm
Oxb

Programs: Earthling, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by sylvia hennesy
What's with Chic-Fil-A and their personal little Blue Law? Must be owned by some fundamentalist.
Yes, it is.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

McDs is very nasty, but (in Colorado) Goodtimes is pretty good (organic beef).
Why oh why must western state fast food places put mayo on the burgers? Do they do that elsewhere (didn't used to in NY)?
Mayo on hamburgers is a southern mode as well. The way I was raised, mayonaise does not belong on cooked ground beef.

And, personally I think it's nice that a company regards it's employees more than the profits it would have earned opening on Sunday. Who cares what their religious beliefs are?
Old Mar 17, 2006, 4:26 pm

So, the assumption here is that Chick-fil-a hires only Christians who keep the sabbath on a Sunday (not all do)?
Old Mar 17, 2006, 4:46 pm

Portions of the post that previously appeared in this space has been deleted. I would provide you with a reason why, but doing so would likely be against the TOS.

Last edited by uncertaintraveler; Dec 18, 2008 at 8:54 am
Old Mar 17, 2006, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, the assumption here is that Chick-fil-a hires only Christians who keep the sabbath on a Sunday (not all do)?
You should take your axe somewhere else to grind. They cannot legally discriminate in hiring only a particular religion. They do, however, hire very pleasant employees. Chick Fil-A is a clean restaurant with friendly help. I find the food a little bland, but I do like the soup and nuggets. The diet lemonade is sour, but perks up with a couple packets of sweetener.
Old Mar 18, 2006, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Must be owned by some fundamentalist.
Truett Cathy Actually, he's an impressive businessman.

Back on topic. We don't eat at McD. BK, KFC, C,Jr., etc. I love Chik-fil-A, Baja Fresh, Rubio's, Quizno's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.