Olive Garden [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Olive Garden [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
One of my co-workers always takes home the extra left over salad and breadsticks after we have lunch. I can't remember if they bring a fresh one out though.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 4:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Staley Cornell
One of my co-workers always takes home the extra left over salad and breadsticks after we have lunch. I can't remember if they bring a fresh one out though.
I don't like salads that are coated with dressing to sit in the fridge for more than an hour or so. The lettuce gets soggy.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero

Haven’t you ever seen When Harry Met Sally?

”I’d like my salad, with dressing on the side”. Easy!
I really should ask for 2 salads, both with dressing on the side. Mrs. BV prefers it with grated cheese. I cannot eat cheese. She compromises and has them sprinkle cheese on her salad plate. That only works for the first serving unless she wants to wait for the server to come back with the grater. Maybe they could leave the grater at the table!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by BamaVol
I really should ask for 2 salads, both with dressing on the side. Mrs. BV prefers it with grated cheese. I cannot eat cheese. She compromises and has them sprinkle cheese on her salad plate. That only works for the first serving unless she wants to wait for the server to come back with the grater. Maybe they could leave the grater at the table!
They would probably bring two salads. I doubt they would leave a grater at the table, as they seem to have a very limited number of those.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Talking

Originally Posted by kipper
I don't like salads that are coated with dressing to sit in the fridge for more than an hour or so. The lettuce gets soggy.
I confess I am not a salad person, but I can eat 9 breadsticks and not think twice about it. LOL!!!
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
I can usually finish more than a bowl of salad by myself. There's usually some to take home. I wish they wouldn't drown it in dressing though.
While I like my salads drowned in dressing, you could always do what my wife does, ask for the dressing on the side and add the amount you like personally. She has preferred the Chicken Gnocchi soup over salad during recent visits, so I get my salads the normal way, sans olives and pepperoncini.

Sorry, I didn't see all the recent responses as the post I was quoting was the last on the page before all these recent post
Old Aug 28, 2018, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by teddybear99
While I like my salads drowned in dressing, you could always do what my wife does, ask for the dressing on the side and add the amount you like personally. She has preferred the Chicken Gnocchi soup over salad during recent visits, so I get my salads the normal way, sans olives and pepperoncini.

Sorry, I didn't see all the recent responses as the post I was quoting was the last on the page before all these recent post
We prefer salads without olives and tomatoes.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
They would probably bring two salads. I doubt they would leave a grater at the table, as they seem to have a very limited number of those.
They will bring two salads. I get mine without cheese, which of course every one else wants.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

We prefer salads without olives and tomatoes.
I assume the server actually prepares the salad. It was that way in every restaurant I worked in as a kid. Ideally, that means you can have it your way. And this is one of those instances where you can penalize the server's tip for a food screw-up.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:23 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
We get our salad with lettuce, extra tomatoes, dressing and cheese only.

Last edited by wharvey; Aug 28, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Old Aug 28, 2018, 12:20 pm

I assume the server actually prepares the salad. It was that way in every restaurant I worked in as a kid. Ideally, that means you can have it your way. And this is one of those instances where you can penalize the server's tip for a food screw-up.
​​​​​​I assume they do as well.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I’d be surprised if the servers prepared the salad. Too easily, they’d run into a bottleneck if too many salads ordered, or a very busy section.

I knew someone who worked in a restaurant, for food prep, and making salad was their first job. They never served it.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I’d be surprised if the servers prepared the salad. Too easily, they’d run into a bottleneck if too many salads ordered, or a very busy section.

I knew someone who worked in a restaurant, for food prep, and making salad was their first job. They never served it.
It's actually probably very easy and quick to prepare. They probably have the salad mix pre-bagged, and the servers just need to throw it in to the bowl, add the toppings and dressing and serve.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It's actually probably very easy and quick to prepare. They probably have the salad mix pre-bagged, and the servers just need to throw it in to the bowl, add the toppings and dressing and serve.
Yes. IME there's a big barrel of the basic salad with bowls of add-ins. It's a pretty quick job to scoop the lettuce and add the onions, peppers, olives, croutons & tomatoes.

This thread has inspired me to visit OG tonight (after the gym). I will ask the server.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:36 am

Yes. IME there's a big barrel of the basic salad with bowls of add-ins. It's a pretty quick job to scoop the lettuce and add the onions, peppers, olives, croutons & tomatoes.

This thread has inspired me to visit OG tonight (after the gym). I will ask the server.
Do report back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.