Search

Olive Garden [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I’ve never gotten a Pasta Pass, but Olive Garden certainly lets you take stuff home, even during their neverending pasta bowl promos. I’ve even had servers offer to give you soup to go.

I’ve been offered leftover salad from the bowl on the table and a bag of breadsticks that I wouldn’t eat anyway. Never been offered soup.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:50 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
This was the first time I actually got through for passes. I was able to actually get one for myself and my husband. I was shocked I was able to actually process one payment completely and then get a second one.

With some of the new options, it works for us. We actually enjoy going there. Good food for a reasonable price.
They actually offered a yearly pass for $300 this time around.

I’d consider a yearly pass that was good for one day a week. So 52 visits in a year might work, but more than that would be way overkill!
Jaimito Cartero likes this.

Last edited by cblaisd; Aug 25, 2018 at 8:31 am Reason: merged poster's two consecutive posts
Old Aug 25, 2018, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by wharvey
They actually offered a yearly pass for $300 this time around.

Oh, I know that. My problem is that I’d feel that I have to get the most value out of it. I already get mistaken for Jabba the Hutt too often... After 365 days of OG Pasta, I’d need to invest in a forklift.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by BamaVol

I’ve been offered leftover salad from the bowl on the table and a bag of breadsticks that I wouldn’t eat anyway. Never been offered soup.
We have had waiters bring a fresh salad with dressing in a separate container and soup to go when Olive Garden runs the buy one take one home specials.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TGarza
We have had waiters bring a fresh salad with dressing in a separate container and soup to go when Olive Garden runs the buy one take one home specials.
A typical Olive Garden meal for me is buy one, take home half.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I’ve never gotten a Pasta Pass, but Olive Garden certainly lets you take stuff home, even during their neverending pasta bowl promos. I’ve even had servers offer to give you soup to go.

IIRC, they allow you to take home part of your last refill, but you must have eaten a portion of it. However, knowing people in this area, I wouldn't be surprised if they took take-out containers into the restaurant and put "refills" in those as extra to take home.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
IIRC, they allow you to take home part of your last refill, but you must have eaten a portion of it. However, knowing people in this area, I wouldn't be surprised if they took take-out containers into the restaurant and put "refills" in those as extra to take home.
The waiter brought a fresh bowl with the dressing on the side with a to go container. No one had eaten out of the salad. The same with the soup. Fresh bowl and a take out container.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A bit judgmental, are we?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 5:30 am

The waiter brought a fresh bowl with the dressing on the side with a to go container. No one had eaten out of the salad. The same with the soup. Fresh bowl and a take out container.
I wasn't referencing salad, I was referencing the nevenrending pasta bowl promo.
A bit judgmental, are we?
No, realistic. Out here, if you tell people something is free, supplies will run out in less than 30 minutes, even if you have a truckload of whatever. People will brave blizzards for free in this area. I very much could see some of the people in this area sneaking their meals into take-out containers they brought, then getting additional refills and repeating the process.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I can usually finish more than a bowl of salad by myself. There's usually some to take home. I wish they wouldn't drown it in dressing though.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can usually finish more than a bowl of salad by myself. There's usually some to take home. I wish they wouldn't drown it in dressing though.
Haven’t you ever seen When Harry Met Sally?

”I’d like my salad, with dressing on the side”. Easy!
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:41 pm

Ask for the dressing on the side.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 12:46 pm

You can request the dressing on the side for the salad bowl.

During the visit with buy one take one home promotion, the waiter asked us if we wanted a fresh salad at the end of the meal with a wink.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 1:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
You can request the dressing on the side for the salad bowl.
You can also request Light Italian dressing for the salad.
BamaVol likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ask for the dressing on the side.
If only someone else had suggested that. Oh, wait...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.