Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fat Burger or In-and-Out Burger?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2006, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA, USAir, UA
Originally Posted by private ryan
Which is better Fatburger or In-and-Out Burger?
Fatburger. No question.
In-and-Out is high speed garbage burgers. Fatburger is made to order.
Fatburger's fries are hot, crisp, and tasty...In-and-Out's are limp and too salty.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by mlshanks
Fatburger. No question.
In-and-Out is high speed garbage burgers. Fatburger is made to order.
Fatburger's fries are hot, crisp, and tasty...In-and-Out's are limp and too salty.
Last I recall, In N Out are made to order as well... is it their fault that they have such high turnover that it doesn't seem like it?

Also, you should try the fries well-done. That will take care of the limpness.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 12:00 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
In N Out there is No other, everytime i'm with a newbie in LAS its the first stop on Maryland. Exit the airport turn right and left on Maryland...
Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
In-n-Out all the way!

Double, Double, Animal Style with Fries Well Done Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.zenlemur.com/innout.shtml

p.s. Tell your wife that limiting anything is not in the spirit of Vegas, and fast food is the lesser of many evils there...
Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:51 am

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
I only hit Fatburger when I want the extra arterial clogging of the chili fries. I've never liked In-and-Out's fries. I suppose a mix-and-match of the two would be the best.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 11:57 am
Oxb

Programs: Earthling, TSA Disparager Gold
In-n-Out

I have even walked there from the strip
Old Jan 26, 2006, 1:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
In-and-Out without a doubt
I live in south Florida and people come up and stop me when I wear the In-and-Out tshirt I bought from the LV location. They are truly dismayed to hear there isn't one closer than 2,000 miles.

Here is my story from the time I intro'd a friend to In-and-Out....

We drove up to the location in San Diego, just off the freeway, unfortunately during the lunch rush. My friend, being Mr Impatient, demanded to know why a fast food restaurant had such long lines for service and the food prep was taking so long. I assured him it would be worth the wait.

After 20 minutes of waiting, and his nonstop complaining, we sat down with two double-doubles, fries and soda. He looked at the burger and stated it was just a burger and why did we waste 20 minutes of our lives for such a thing.

Then...he bit into it. His eyes rolled back in his head, his face flushed red, his body shook, and I thought he would faint. He proclaimed it the best and tastiest hamburger he ever ate. A few minutes later, I was standing back in line ordering Mr Complainer another double double - when I brought it back to the table, I almost lost my hand when he snatched and devoured it.

Needless to say, ever subsequent trip to California or Las Vegas has included at least one stop at an In-and-Out.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Originally Posted by bocastephen
After 20 minutes of waiting, and his nonstop complaining, we sat down with two double-doubles, fries and soda. He looked at the burger and stated it was just a burger and why did we waste 20 minutes of our lives for such a thing.
20 minutes? must have been a long line cause it never ceases to amaze me how consistently hard the In-n-out personnel work.

and no pun intended
Old Jan 26, 2006, 5:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
Thumbs up

Here's another vote for In 'N' Out! Ditto the Tshirt comments, but one better. I, too, live on the East Coast, far, far away from my coveted INO. A friend sent me a license plate bracket, which I promptly put on my Explorer. I have had at least a dozen people ask me about it, and where they can find an INO.

(Just returned from a work trip to Taiwan. Had to change planes in LA. I piled a bunch of coworkers in a rental, having told them the legends of INO, and drove to the one right at the end of the runway on Sepulveda. Not only were they immediately new fans, but they did the most awesome planespotting, all during a quick 30 minute first visit. Then got on the plane back to DC, each with a smile on his face!

We need franchise rights to the East Coast!!

BTW, Fatburger in LV didn't thrill me at all. It was just OK, IMO.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by private ryan
I'm going to vegas but my wife will only let me eat fastfood once during our trip. Which is better Fatburger or In-and-Out Burger?
Get some balls man! LET YOU?!? I am going to Rio next month with my buddies... why? not because my wife LET ME... but because I want to go and she knows that if we both control each other's every move then it isn't very beneficial to our relationship.

As far as your questions goes --- In-and-Out hands down but I would suggest BOTH as a start to get your stones back in your own pants...

I guess I won't be seeing you down in Rio either... lol
Old Jan 27, 2006, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Report from Vegas

After reading all these great responses, we decided to try both. She liked Fatburger but I thought In-and-Out was much better.

Private Ryan
Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:25 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
That's it? Over? Just like that?
Perhaps it's time to start a Mac vs. PC thread.

Glad you tried both, and hope you had a good time.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Frodosan
Here's one example of what you can get at In-N-Out:

http://www.nuxx.net/gallery/main.php...g2_itemId=8265
Or a 100x100
Old Jan 27, 2006, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Linux v. BSD
vi v. Emacs
INO Burger v. Fatburger

This is, by far, the most civilized flame war that I have ever witnessed. My vote is for INO, but DEN only has a Fatburger (which I go to as often as I can.) Fortunately, a friend of mine is getting married in Vegas in a few months. I will then go on a feeding frenzy at the LV INO Burgers.

rb
Old Jan 27, 2006, 10:09 pm

Programs: WOH (G)lobotimized, SPG Tarnished Gold
Why no INO in the East?

The east coast has seen the entry of regional chains like Fatburger and What-A-Burger, yet no In-N-Out. Is there a reason, such as quality control? Needless to say, I would welcome the entry of In-N-Out into Florida...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.