Old Jan 22, 2006, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Tough wife dude.
In-N-Out, no debate.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 6:07 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Neither !!

If one does a little research, there are far far better burgers in most places to be had than either of these places. ^

I have to assume that there is some off the strip bar/joint that does a much better burger as I have found this to be true in most areas I’ve traveled to.

--
Old Jan 22, 2006, 6:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum/UAPremier Gold/IC Platinum
In 'N Out
Old Jan 24, 2006, 3:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Starwood Plat, United 1K
In-N-Out. No contest when comparing the two although Fatburger is still good.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA nobody, HH Silver, MR Gold
No Contest

In-And-Out all the way. One of the few local So Cal icon brands.

If your coming from the east to Vegas or So Cal you've gotta have an In & Out burger, fries & shake. After that, you'll never look at fast food the same way again
Old Jan 24, 2006, 6:41 pm

In-and-Out's burgers are good but their french fries are terrible. It's like they started with the Belgian two step process but forgot the second high heat frying step to crisp up the outsides. They taste and feel like they've been poached, not fried, in oil.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 7:26 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
I have to assume that there is some off the strip bar/joint that does a much better burger as I have found this to be true in most areas I’ve traveled to.

--
True, but the point here is to experience something with a nationwide rep. And I don't think Tommy's has a Vegas location.

Best non-chain bets in any town, IMHO, are almost any sports bar or if in a city, some of the trendiest hotels and restaurants have fantastic burgers, assuming you don't mind spending $15-18 for lunch, since they usually refuse to serve them at dinner.

Back to the OP: In-N-Out rulz. Hope you're not disappointed after this buildup. I mean, it's just a burger.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 7:30 pm

Programs: CO PLAT, Hyatt Gold. Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold
You can't get a double king, chili-cheese, egg, bacon burger @ in/out!
If you can only live once, LIVE LARGE!
Old Jan 24, 2006, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
In-N-Out. ^ In an interesting bit of trivia, In-N-Out and McDonald's started within 2 years of each other.

San Diego is getting a Tommy's as well.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Frodosan
Here's one example of what you can get at In-N-Out:

http://www.nuxx.net/gallery/main.php...g2_itemId=8265
LOL!

Personally, In-N-Out gets my vote. I craved it all the time when I didn't live near one, however, now that I have one about 2 miles from where I live, I hardly go. Maybe it's the desire of wanting something you can't have.....who knows.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 8:47 pm

Thumbs up Original Tommy's

Personally, I prefer Original Tommy's and their Mega Cheeseburger. The location in San Diego just opened on Friday. Rumor has it that a Vegas location is coming soon. Tommy's fries are so much better then In and Out's. Don't follow the herd mentality. Tommy's is a true original!
Old Jan 24, 2006, 8:55 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by cab747
LOL!

Personally, In-N-Out gets my vote. I craved it all the time when I didn't live near one, however, now that I have one about 2 miles from where I live, I hardly go. Maybe it's the desire of wanting something you can't have.....who knows.
Ah, you've got it!! I traveled (car, no miles) about 16 miles through LA streets with poor directions for my first In-N-Out and it was fantastic!! But now I rarely bother if it involves a left turn.

Redbeard911 Tommy's SAN, where? I've never, ever had one after many years in SoCal.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 9:10 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by drruff
You can't get a double king, chili-cheese, egg, bacon burger @ in/out!
If you can only live once, LIVE LARGE!
Living large is good advice. Never have regrets. But there are limits.

If you want sunnyside-up or poached eggs (i.e. undercooked IMHO) on EVERYTHING visit northern Italy. They seem to consider it a favor to add a runny egg to the top of your burger/sandwich/salad. Yecch.

Again, In-N-Out rules.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by lili
Ah, you've got it!! I traveled (car, no miles) about 16 miles through LA streets with poor directions for my first In-N-Out and it was fantastic!! But now I rarely bother if it involves a left turn.

Redbeard911 Tommy's SAN, where? I've never, ever had one after many years in SoCal.
clairemont mesa
Old Jan 24, 2006, 9:34 pm

Programs: NW Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
No experience with Fat Burger, but I can vouch for In-N-Out. I try to hit one when they're available. (Luckily, not often!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.