Reload this Page >

Fat Burger or In-and-Out Burger?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fat Burger or In-and-Out Burger?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2006, 7:22 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
What the previous poster said! ^ ^
Old Jan 18, 2006, 7:27 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
Sorry O2K, In and Out, hands down. They have fresh lemonade also.

Personally don't like Fatburger fries, and In and Out has WONDERFUL fries. Reading above that you can have the burger grilled may improve it.

We have a Fatburger 1 block from the office and our every-single-day take-out lunch group has only gotten food from there once. No requests for a repeat. It's not even on the long version of our rotation list (And KFC is, if that gives you a clue!) Advantage of Fatburger is no line ^ . (Also no drive-through , at least at our local one.)

But I must admit we have George Burger a local 2-store place that is almost as good as In and Out, so we choose that over Fatburger.

Unfortunately, the city turned down an In and Out location years ago because In and Out wanted a sign visible from the freeway. Duh. (Apparently only auto dealers are allowed to do that )

So OP, skip the midnight buffet and head for In and Out. Then Fatburger. Then In and Out. It may be the best food in Vegas. Think of the money you'll save for gambling or buying your wife tokens of appreciation.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriot (via SPG) Lifetime Gold
Fatburger was where I went when I was in college. Now that I'm an adult, it's In-and-Out all the way. The best wedding reception I ever went to was a rather formal one for 100+ people and it was actually catered by In-and-Out.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
In 'n' Out.
Even the Dude would abide.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:15 pm

In-n-out
Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:20 pm
DJZ

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, former UA 1K, SPG AMEX addict
Ever hear the slogan "Fatburger, fatburger, that what a hamburger's all about?" didn't think so.
In-n-out all the way
Old Jan 19, 2006, 12:59 am

In-n-Out

Double Double Animal Style
Old Jan 19, 2006, 1:04 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
It's midnight here and nearest In and Out is about 45 minutes away......
ah, could be three time zones away, I guess.

Gives new meaning to the phrase going to bed hungry.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 1:11 am

Programs: LX/M&M, UA, AA, AF/KL, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by private ryan
I live on the east-coast so these places are new to me.
I have to admit that I've never eaten at fatburger, but let me tell you just one thing:

Don't miss out on In-N-Out!

(sneak away from wife if needed)

Seriously, take your wife along on the first day of your trip. If she's never tasted In-N-Out before, she might want to eat there again!

Last edited by andyZRH; Jan 19, 2006 at 1:15 am
Old Jan 19, 2006, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1mm; DL Plt; Marriott Gold; Hyatt something or other; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by forecheck
In-n-Out

Double Double Animal Style
That's the ticket. Blows F-burger away. Though I can't stand In n Out fries.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 3:08 am

Programs: UAL - 1K (1MM), SPG/Marriott - Plat, HHonors - Gold, Hertz - Gold, National - Exec Elite
Actually I love BOTH!

In & Out has great double double animal style or Fatburger King size with eggs and cheese!!! But I have to vote for Fat fries. Even though In & Out fries were made of fresh potato, but yuck! (the burger is good though )
Old Jan 20, 2006, 3:54 am
mjm
Original Member

Go whole hog and get:

3x3 Animal Style

Crispy Fries animal style

A must.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 4:21 am

I couldn't agree more!

Originally Posted by NYCAA
IMHO it's not even a contest. In-n-Out is the only choice. It's my first stop everytime in Las Vegas or LAX
This is always the sequence of my trips to the west coast.

1. Arrive at airport
2. get rental car (and ask where the nearest location is)
3. proceed to the nearest in-and-out

My only advice is to get a double-double even if you think that you only want a single burger. It is my opinion that the balance of the ingredients is much better than a regular cheese burger and will give you the full In and Out experience. I would also say that your first experience should be the regular Double-Double. When you sneak away from your wife later in the trip to go back you can get Animal style or another variation.

Keba
Old Jan 22, 2006, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I was disappointed that I was staying at the SF Sheraton Fishermans' Wharf last week, until I found that there was an In-N-Out about three blocks away on foot (over by where the F muni ends). I must admit that I don't like Animal style, but my regular 3x3 was really what I needed after a stressful day.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 2:32 pm

ButIsItArt's 9 steps for a happy Westbound transcon

1. Three glasses of wine in flight.
2. Nice chat with purser
3. Arrive at SFO
4. Take AirTrain to rental car counter, and check out all the *A 744's at G-gates along the way. Look out especially for N196UA
5. Get rental car
6. Proceed to In-N-Out
7. Order favorite meal option, and a chocolate shake
8. Eat fries in car while driving to destination (Fries need to be eaten immediately, otherwise they become quite unsavory)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.