Fat Burger or In-and-Out Burger?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fat Burger or In-and-Out Burger?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2006, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Question Fat Burger or In-and-Out Burger?

I'm going to vegas but my wife will only let me eat fastfood once during our trip. Which is better Fatburger or In-and-Out Burger?

PR

I live on the east-coast so these places are new to me.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 4:23 pm

I live in CA so I have access to In and Out, but even if I didn't (I don't go very often) I say go to Fatburger. My BF who is far more sophisticated about these places, would say Fatburger as well.

Now if I could just convince him that he can only go once per trip to Vegas I'd be ecstatic.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 4:35 pm

Programs: American Airlines
No WAY!

In-N-Out Burger is hands DOWN the best fast food hamburger place.

It's not even a contest.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 4:51 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Fatburger makes a terrific turkey burger. I would say Fatburger for the turkey burger, In-n-out for the beefburger. I prefer the turkey burger to the beef burger. Also, Fatburger will charbroil for you, upon request, so not as much fat and grease.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 5:29 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Since not really a Las Vegas specific question, and for the sake of those searching this topic in the future, am moving to Dining Buzz

cblaisd
Senior Moderator
Old Jan 18, 2006, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
never been impressed with Fatburger. In-n-out is the one to go. Basically a fresh burger with lettuce, tomato and thousand island dressing on a toasted bun. Options include cheese and a full slice of raw onion. Yum. You can also get grilled onions. If you like cheese on your burger then get the Double-Double, double meat and cheese with the fixings. ^
Old Jan 18, 2006, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA, United
Fatburger will give you more options for your burger, but in and out is a treat that is unequaled. In fact since it is now 4:45 PM in CA I will be getting in and out for dinner tonight (my kitchen is being remodeled) and will lvoe every minute of it.

If you do go to in and out you might want to try the fries well done (where they really really get the fries crispy) if you like them crispy.

I still feel that mcdonalds makes teh best french fries (must be the beef tallow) but In and out makes the best burger.

The best fast food ad I have seen recently is the carl's jr shake ad with the guy and cow.

brentley
Old Jan 18, 2006, 5:56 pm

Programs: American Airlines
In-N-Out's "Secret Menu" allows for a lot more variety, but, yes, not as much as other burger joints.

Here are some examples from the Secret Menu:

2x4: Two meat patties and four slices of cheese. (Note: You can get any combination you want, even as enormous as 20x20. Order is layers of meat, then layers of cheese.)
3 by Meat: Three meat patties without cheese.
Animal Style: The meat is fried with mustard served on a bun with pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, extra spread and grilled onions.
Animal Style Fries: Fries with cheese, spread, grilled onions, and optional pickles.
Double Meat: Double Double without cheese.
Flying Dutchman: Two meat patties, two slices of melted cheese and that's it. No bun, no lettuce, nothing.
Fries "Light": Almost raw fries.
Fries "Well-Done": Extra crispy fries.
Grilled Cheese: No meat, just two slices of melted cheese, tomato, lettuce and spread on a bun.
Neapolitan Shake: All three shake flavors (strawberry, vanilla and chocolate) combined in one shake.
Choco-Vanilla Swirl Shake: A chocolate and vanilla shake in which the two flavors are swirled into one another.
Protein Style: Instead of a bun, the burger is wrapped in lettuce (Atkins approved). And yes, you can get a Grilled Cheese Protein Style!
Veggie Burger: A burger without the meat and cheese.

Just a few of the options that aren't up on the basic menu.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by kingalien
never been impressed with Fatburger. In-n-out is the one to go. Basically a fresh burger with lettuce, tomato and thousand island dressing on a toasted bun. Options include cheese and a full slice of raw onion. Yum. You can also get grilled onions. If you like cheese on your burger then get the Double-Double, double meat and cheese with the fixings. ^
You can get all of the above at Fatburger, plus chili. Also, Fatburger (at least in West L.A.) has really good, fresh lemonade. A group of firemen eating there alerted me to the lemonade.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 6:24 pm

Burgers

Originally Posted by private ryan
I'm going to vegas but my wife will only let me eat fastfood once during our trip. Which is better Fatburger or In-and-Out Burger?

PR

I live on the east-coast so these places are new to me.
Definitely the Double Double. No Contest. Eat it sssslllllooooowwww.

T
Old Jan 18, 2006, 6:37 pm

I'd go to in and out burger. I live on the east coast and can never get enough when I'm out west.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL GM
Example of In-N-Out Burger

Here's one example of what you can get at In-N-Out:

http://www.nuxx.net/gallery/main.php...g2_itemId=8265
Old Jan 18, 2006, 6:53 pm

Here's the Fatburger menu
http://www.fatburger.net/menu.html
Old Jan 18, 2006, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
I gotta say, I love both, but I'd say i would eat In n Out first, then switch to Fatburger for variety's sake

There's a Fatburger right on the Strip, and the In n Out is across the freeway... if you're asking is it worth the trip, then the answer is YES.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP / 1MM, Marriott Silver
IMHO it's not even a contest. In-n-Out is the only choice. It's my first stop everytime in Las Vegas or LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.