Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fat Burger or In-and-Out Burger?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2006, 11:16 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by puppysara
40 years of In -N -Out! Hamburger, add pickles, hold onions. Simple, fresh, fabulous. Relatively low cal. Yummmmmmm!
What is "relatively low cal?"
Old Feb 20, 2006, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
I've had fatburger like once.. bleh... in-n-out all the way.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 6:53 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I liked In-and-Out... until I discovered the religious messages on the packages (look carefully). Why the need to evangelize?
Old Feb 21, 2006, 8:47 am

Programs: LX/M&M, UA, AA, AF/KL, SPG Gold
I'm kinda surprised that it took 78 posts in this thread until this came up.

Personally, I don't mind. After all, the evangelizing is very discreet. (I never noticed until someone told me...)
Old Feb 21, 2006, 9:23 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
My first and only time in an In-N-Out, and I have converted. Their evangelizing worked on me. I am now addicted to their hamburgers. I could careless about the evangelizing, as long as it's discreet - that's why I never noticed it. I'll take a gander next time I go.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum,
In and Out Burger is definately much better.. mmm mmm mmm good. ^
Old Feb 22, 2006, 12:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dimsumfan
I liked In-and-Out... until I discovered the religious messages on the packages (look carefully). Why the need to evangelize?
I dont mind the evangelizing either...as long as I dont have to clap and sing along or get baptized to get a hamburger, they can write what they like on their packaging, provided their bible selections do not take issue with lifestyle habits (sex, abortion, politics, or heavens forbid, gluttony) or anything that might exclude or insult their customers.

Maybe it's a California thing? There is a CA company making some natural liquid soaps sold at Whole Foods that has biblical messages (more like long passages) stenciled onto their packaging.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL GLD, AA PLT, PC PLT, NATL Emrld
In-N-Out burger has my vote. Having eaten there many of times warrants my right to have a say. Get a T-shirt while you are at it. They never go out of style.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by viajero7889
In-N-Out burger has my vote. Having eaten there many of times warrants my right to have a say. Get a T-shirt while you are at it. They never go out of style.
I used to live in LA and we aren't really into red meat. But In & Out and Tommy's are such cultural institutions in SOCAL that I hope they maintain their originality for many years to come.

"Since he's a near-vegetarian, why did he post?", you ask?

Two reasons:

1. Can you buy a tee shirt at any of their locations?
2. Can you still get bumper stickers? Does anybody remember the really interesting modification you could do to them? (I can think of two, but let's see what the rest of FT remembers!)
Old Feb 23, 2006, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
Can you buy a tee shirt at any of their locations?
I think t-shirts are available at every In-N-Out Burger; you can also go to http://shop.in-n-out.com/innout/
Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:07 am

Programs: AC MM
With all of the hype I had heard about in n out, I remember thinking just before I bit into my first in n out burger that this was a moment that I would remember forever. Well it was just another run of the mill burger with disgusting fries. When I am in the Southwest give me Baja Fresh anyday for lunch over a burger.

I haven't eaten at Fatburger but they are just about finished building one here in Calgary a couple of mins away from where I live. I will give it a try and post my experience.

I always scope out the local Joint type burger places, thats where you will find a great burger.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:39 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
I certainly didn't expect heaven when I bit into an In-N-Out burger. But, it was 10 times better than a Mickey D's or BK's burger. In-N-Out is a better alternative when seeking out fast food. IMHO, their fries are a lot better than the national chains.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:43 am

Programs: Alaska, NW, AGR, much love for WN
In-N-Out. No contest. Mmmmmmm....I can taste it now, and it's all good.

I miss living near an In-N-Out.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 6:24 am

Programs: Hotels.com
I just got back from Las Vegas, where I tried In-N-Out. The verdict: burgers good, fries dissapointing.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 10:47 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Bogey90
I just got back from Las Vegas, where I tried In-N-Out. The verdict: burgers good, fries dissapointing.
fries are better if ordered well done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.