Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Midtown Atlanta Restauart Information

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2005, 7:13 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Midtown Atlanta Restauart Information

Hi. Two questions, what midtown restaurants would you recommend (near colony square area)

Secondly, how busy do the restaurants get in ATL on Fri night, in this area. Specifically how long do the waits become?

Thanks for any info you can offer!
Old Jun 30, 2005, 8:11 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lehava
Hi. Two questions, what midtown restaurants would you recommend (near colony square area)
Secondly, how busy do the restaurants get in ATL on Fri night, in this area. Specifically how long do the waits become?
Thanks for any info you can offer!
If you like Thai food, Thai Chili inside Colony Square is very good.

If you like sushi and Pan-Asian variety, Nickiemoto's (404-253-2010) on 10th street is excellent. I recommend: Madame Wu's Dumplings, Basil Beef Noodle Soup, Atlanta Sushi Roll (not in the menu, but they know what you are talking about), Grilled tenderloin Medallions with fried mashed potato rolls (yum!)....

At the corner of Piedmont and 10th street, there is this Jake's Ice Cream, supposed to be Atlanta's best.

Restaurants in Atlanta on Friday and Saturday nights tend to be busy. I would recommend a reservation. However if you are by yourself and do not mind eating at the bar, then there is usually no wait.

Sorry I am unavailable Friday night, otherwise would love to show you around Buckhead and Midtown.

Have fun.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 8:15 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by belle3388
If you like Thai food, Thai Chili inside Colony Square is very good.

If you like sushi and Pan-Asian variety, Nickiemoto's (404-253-2010) on 10th street is excellent. I recommend: Madame Wu's Dumplings, Basil Beef Noodle Soup, Atlanta Sushi Roll (not in the menu, but they know what you are talking about), Grilled tenderloin Medallions with fried mashed potato rolls (yum!)....

At the corner of Piedmont and 10th street, there is this Jake's Ice Cream, supposed to be Atlanta's best.

Restaurants in Atlanta on Friday and Saturday nights tend to be busy. I would recommend a reservation. However if you are by yourself and do not mind eating at the bar, then there is usually no wait.

Sorry I am unavailable Friday night, otherwise would love to show you around Buckhead and Midtown.

Have fun.

Thanks for the info. Should have posted earlier and could have gotten that tour. This is the second full week I have spent in atlanta (in 3 week) and really havent gone out much at all (did make it to the Alliance theater to see Jeff Foxworthy this week). May actually be getting together with another FT tomorrow night and that was why I was looking for restaurant ideas and info, I have been surviving on colony square "food court fare" and hotel food.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 1:06 am

Some Cheap eat recommendations

Being a Georgia Tech grad, though five years ago , I can recommend a couple of close places for cheap but very good eats. (Most will run you $6 to $10)

Fellini's Pizza (5 locations) - NY Style pizza with calzones, good salads, and beer - they do deliver - these should be the two closest ones too you:
(Midtown)
909 Ponce de Leon
404-873-3088
(Buckhead)
2809 Peachtree Rd.
404-266-0082

EATS - American food ***Cash Only*** - they have a pasta line and a meat line - best Jerk Chicken in town - they do serve beer
600 Ponce De Leon Ave NE
404-888-9149

Silver Skillet - Deep South Breakfast
200 14th St NW
404-874-1388

Hope these might help.

PS - Some say it is very cliche, but you can't come to Atlanta and not try the Varsity. Try the Frosted Orange (FO) and be ready when they yell "Whatta ya' have".
Old Jul 1, 2005, 4:21 am

We just tried out Two Urban Licks last Friday. It is in a huge warehouse and I have never been in a place quite like it.The calamari was wonderful!! It is close to the Carter Center. I have to say though that if you are looking for piece and quiet this is not the place for you. At 7:30 a blues band starts playing. You do need reservations. You can make them on line. www.twourbanlicks.com
Old Jul 1, 2005, 10:57 am

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Lehava
Hi.... what midtown restaurants would you recommend (near colony square area)...
Old Jul 1, 2005, 6:29 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gtlodger00
Being a Georgia Tech grad, though five years ago , I can recommend a couple of close places for cheap but very good eats. (Most will run you $6 to $10)

Fellini's Pizza (5 locations) - NY Style pizza with calzones, good salads, and beer - they do deliver - these should be the two closest ones too you:
(Midtown)
909 Ponce de Leon
404-873-3088
(Buckhead)
2809 Peachtree Rd.
404-266-0082

EATS - American food ***Cash Only*** - they have a pasta line and a meat line - best Jerk Chicken in town - they do serve beer
600 Ponce De Leon Ave NE
404-888-9149

Silver Skillet - Deep South Breakfast
200 14th St NW
404-874-1388

Hope these might help.

PS - Some say it is very cliche, but you can't come to Atlanta and not try the Varsity. Try the Frosted Orange (FO) and be ready when they yell "Whatta ya' have".
I should have asked two weeks ago when I was first was here, had been looking for a pizza recommendation BIG TIME. I have driven/rode by varsity a couple times now but havent had the chance to go there yet. Next trip.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 6:30 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Hey belle, thanks for the recommendation you gave Canarsie for dinner tonight (the steak restaurant) the food was AMAZING (as was the company). Sorry you werent around to join us. Next time I am in town we'll have to get together.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 3:26 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm going to be attending a baseball game (Cubs vs Braves) at Atlanta's Truist Park on Mon May 13th this year

What are the food options like at Truist, anyone have a fave(s)? (some pro teams food options are good while others lack significantly)

An article from Eater: https://atlanta.eater.com/2017/4/5/1...braves-stadium

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.