Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Best Airport Restaurants / Meals / Food" thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2006, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
Legal Seafoods at both BOS and DCA is good. Unfortunately, it is outside of security in both cities.
Depends what terminal you're in: Legals operates three locations at BOS, inside security on the US side of Terminal B and in DL's new Terminal A, and outside security in Terminal C (home of B6, CO, DL, UA). Note, however, that the Terminal A location is their new "Legal Test Kitchen" concept, which has a different menu. If you want more traditional seafood in Terminal A, go to Jasper White's Summer Shack instead (also inside security).
Old Aug 7, 2006, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
What about the Encounters at LAX? Having passed through this airport numerously for many years, I have yet to dine at this establishment. But reading through various reviews, the quality doesn't seem very promising for such an overpriced menu. Well maybe I shouldn't be surprised considering nothing is really descent when it comes to dining at LAX. Be it fastfood carryout or full service dine-in's.
Yea you're definitely paying for the view if you're into that sort of thing.

I've certainly got very very low expectations when it comes to airports, but, I look forward to Quizno's in DEN.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Rejuvenated
What about the Encounters at LAX?
The interior is kind-a cool, but the view is less interesting than you'd think, because the terminal buildings are now so high.

The food is average to mediocre.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 1:30 pm

Programs: 1K, Hertz Five Star
Thumbs up If lounges are allowed...

The F Terminal in FRA.

Great food - but the single malt selection is to die for *dreamy look*
Old Aug 10, 2006, 3:43 pm

Location: EWR and KGL (with occasional home/work trips to NRT/ITM)
Programs: MP MM 1K, Sky Miles, Emirates Gold
I can think of many bad restaurants/meals at airports but it is actually difficult to remember good ones.

DCA - Legal Seafood (I had so many dinners there when I was doing commuter marriage).

NRT - Sushi restaurants (I like the kaiten sushi at T1 3rd floor but there are nicer ones as well).

BKK - Coupon restaurant between International and Domestic terminal

SIN - Hawker stands at the parking lot for T2 and Underground for T1

FRA - Food at the F terminal for LH was really impressive but I guess Lounge food does not count.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 7:05 pm
Suspended

The pad thai in Philly is awesome. I think its at asian bistro or something. Defintely worth the walk. I was flying UA/USA in coach a long time ago and remember getting on my flight and once they served the food up front I cracked open my pad thai. Some of them turned around and they were all very envious. Smelled even better than it tasted.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 9:35 pm

This is easy. Corky's BBQ in A terminal @ MEM.

The ambiance isn't that great. The food is pretty damn good.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 11:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Delta Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Another vote for Corky's in MEM. Yummy!
Old Aug 14, 2006, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by dankyone
There is/was a nice sushi bar at AMS right in the middle of the concourse....don't know the name but it was pretty impressive.
I had eaten there in the past as well and it is quite good. I third the comments about corky's at Mem..I miss flying nw for that reason
cheers
howie
Old Aug 14, 2006, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Stuttgart Airport - the Top Air Restaurant is the only airport-based gourmet restaurant in Germany to have been carrying the Michelin * for fine food since 1992 in succession. ^

Last edited by chrissxb; Aug 14, 2006 at 1:41 am
Old Aug 14, 2006, 2:06 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
In AMS there is a pretty nice place next to McDonalds it serves French and European food. I wish I could remember the name now, it is quite pricey though. Also at FRA there is a place in the basement area called Frankfurter Stübschen which looks like a dive but has pretty good German food.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Silver, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry, SW A-List Preferred
I often get to PHL around 9 PM, in terminal F, the commuter planes one. No real food there. I wound up taking the shuttle to B/C last time. Only choice was TGI Friday's. Yuck.

This week I went all the way to A-West, the new international terminal, using the other shuttle bus. By gate A19 there's a place called Cibo Bistro with real food (mostly Italian, like chicken Marsala). Yum. And it's open until midnight!
Old Aug 19, 2006, 8:55 am

I have to say that the Berghoff cafe in ORD has some of the best reuben sandwiches that I have ever consumed.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by parker
Yankee Pier at SFO. United Domestic Terminal. Right after security.
I'll second this one...my wife and I both love the Crab Louie salad.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 10:09 am
rlo

Smile Best Dining In An Airport

I just discovered this site and think it's great!

Please reply to me and let me know what are some of the best restaurants that you have eaten at in an airport and what was so good about them. Thanks all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.