What's for dinner?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's for dinner?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2020, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Last night i brought takeout from Chicken Maison Mediterranean grill for a picnic in park distanced birthday party.
we all had:
chicken kebabs &vegetable kebabs
spicy sweet cole slaw
potato salad
pita with garlic sauce
whole foods fruit tart
champagne
Old Jul 15, 2020, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by work2fly
My better half is trying her hand at Malaysian fish head curry tonight.

Haven't found the head yet and (I'm secretly hoping) we may resort to salmon collars instead.

Wondering how this will stack up against Muthu's...
yum. I’ve had fish head stew at the korean place where Anthony bourdain went in sf with Chris from impossible burger and his own restaurants. My first time at the place, I got that fish head stew and Chris was there with his family. His wife later tweeted jealousy that they didn’t have the fish head stew. $30! So good. Sadly that korean place closed a few years ago and I’m thankful to have gone there when I did. I went there alone after seeing Jiro Dreams of Sushi because I felt it was the korean version of Jiro!!!! Swoon.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 7:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Leftover salad from Portillo’s and fettuccine with crispy prosciutto, butter and Parm.
corky likes this.

Last edited by ILuvParis; Jul 15, 2020 at 7:55 pm
Old Jul 15, 2020, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Detroit style pan pizza

cheese
”Greek” - black olive, red bell pepper, feta, red onion

radish
cucumber
watermelon

jarritos fresa
jarritos piña

corky likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Grilled fresh mackerel (caught overnight) and grilled courgettes.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Adults had lasagna, which I kinda overbaked as I had to play lifeguard as the kids were swimming.

9 year old niece had an avacado quesadilla, fried rice and peas.

5 year old nephew has the innate inability to say "Yes/Please/Thank You" claimed he was not hungry when everyone else are, so when he was, he was given a bagged lunch which his parents brought with them. Not a Lunchables, but one of those summer program giveaway lunches you can pick up at a local school.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 7:54 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by csufabel

Adults had lasagna, which I kinda overbaked as I had to play lifeguard as the kids were swimming.

9 year old niece had an avacado quesadilla, fried rice and peas.

5 year old nephew has the innate inability to say "Yes/Please/Thank You" claimed he was not hungry when everyone else are, so when he was, he was given a bagged lunch which his parents brought with them. Not a Lunchables, but one of those summer program giveaway lunches you can pick up at a local school.
The lasagna looks delicious!
Old Jul 16, 2020, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Leftover salad from Portillo’s and fettuccine with crispy prosciutto, butter and Parm.
I remember liking Portillos salads but who goes to Portillos for the salad?! My dad used to always get Italian beef on a croissant with sweet and hot peppers. And an angioplasty.
JBord likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper
The lasagna looks delicious!
I screwed up the layering as I had fresh mozzarella for a middle layer and ended up using it as a toping as I was working somewhat distracted. As a result, one of the layers of no boil noodles started curling up before I could add a wet layer over them. I added red pepper pesto into one of the ricotta layers too. Wow!

Last edited by csufabel; Jul 16, 2020 at 2:32 pm Reason: cross section pic added
Old Jul 16, 2020, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I remember liking Portillos salads but who goes to Portillos for the salad?! My dad used to always get Italian beef on a croissant with sweet and hot peppers. And an angioplasty.
I’ve had the big salad at portillos - I’ve had a salad at Wrigley as well. less calories.

9 year old niece had an avacado quesadilla, fried rice and peas...
So was it avocado and cheese, and which cheese, or sin queso? Yummy.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 9:25 am

Programs: AA: 2 MM
What? No cheddar with the beef on the croissant?

The thing about the salads is that they're huge - they can easily be shared or cover two meals and they're ridiculously cheap, about $8.00 and much better for carryout. My cousin picked them up for lunch and drove to my place. While I like my beef dipped, cold and soggy isn't very appetizing.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gaobest

So was it avocado and cheese, and which cheese, or sin queso? Yummy.
Three* cheese. Sharp Cheddar, Monterey Jack and Velveeta

*-if you consider Velveeta a cheese.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The thing about the salads is that they're huge - they can easily be shared or cover two meals and they're ridiculously cheap, about $8.00 and much better for carryout. My cousin picked them up for lunch and drove to my place. While I like my beef dipped, cold and soggy isn't very appetizing.
Wish there was one near me.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 12:18 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I was planning to have grilled chicken with BBQ sauce and corn on the cob, plus green beans for dinner last night, but there was a grilled cheese food truck set up in another neighborhood, so I enjoyed a buffalo chicken grilled cheese and a vanilla milkshake from the same people that provide them at my state's annual farm show. If you've attended the farm show, you know those are in high demand!
corky and JBord like this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
First of all, I didn't realize they even had a croissant option. But more importantly, Italian beef on a croissant -- messy heresy!

Originally Posted by gaobest
I’ve had the big salad at portillos - I’ve had a salad at Wrigley as well. less calories.
Ok...I'm a season ticket holder and never seen a salad at Wrigley, unless you mean the restaurant with tables by the right field corner? Or perhaps I just don't see the salad through the heavy fog of real ballpark food!

More heresy! Your only Italian beef options shall be sweet peppers (meh) or hot peppers (correct ), and dipped (correct) or dry. Now, if it was just a roast beef croissant sandwich, I'm right there with you.

Yeah, I have my rules. I also only eat tavern style pizza, not deep dish.

Three* cheese. Sharp Cheddar, Monterey Jack and Velveeta

*-if you consider Velveeta a cheese.
Having grown up in Wisconsin, and buying all our cheese from small "cheese factories", we also always had a block of Velveeta. It still makes the best queso dip. Pluto isn't a planet, and buffaloes don't have wings. Velveeta gets my vote for a cheese.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.