Wiki Posts
Search

What's for dinner?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2020, 2:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by JBord
More heresy! Your only Italian beef options shall be sweet peppers (meh) or hot peppers (correct ), and dipped (correct) or dry. Now, if it was just a roast beef croissant sandwich, I'm right there with you.
I agree with your Italian beef - dipped with giardiniera.

However, Portillo's beef and cheddar croissant is very popular. I've never had it and only mentioned the cheddar because that's how the sandwich normally comes. It's Kyle Schwarber's favorite, however.

Last edited by ILuvParis; Jul 16, 2020 at 2:38 pm
Old Jul 16, 2020, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Ok...I'm a season ticket holder and never seen a salad at Wrigley, unless you mean the restaurant with tables by the right field corner? Or perhaps I just don't see the salad through the heavy fog of real ballpark food! ...
One food stand has a salad - I got it with hot dogs etc for others, I think. The salad is definitely not ballpark food and yes, that’s what I carried back to my seat :-)
Old Jul 16, 2020, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gaobest
One food stand has a salad - I got it with hot dogs etc for others, I think. The salad is definitely not ballpark food and yes, that’s what I carried back to my seat :-)
You got a salad at a baseball game--am I reading this correctly?
Old Jul 16, 2020, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corky
You got a salad at a baseball game--am I reading this correctly?
at Wrigley - so yes, baseball. I love big salads and small salads. One of my favorite former restaurant luncheon meals was a short stack of pancakes, side salad, and side of fries.
corky likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA: 2 MM
at Wrigley - so yes, baseball. I love big salads and small salads. One of my favorite former restaurant luncheon meals was a short stack of pancakes, side salad, and side of fries.
I've heard of breakfast for dinner, but not whatever that is.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 6:21 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Tonight's dinner is a grilled chicken sandwich topped with melted cheese, served on a pretzel roll, with a side of fries and a side of green beans.

Last edited by kipper; Jul 16, 2020 at 6:33 pm
Old Jul 16, 2020, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I love salads too. I also like Peking Duck and pasta Carbonara but I am not going to eat any of those at a baseball game. Oh well, you must not be the only one if they have them there.

Dinner was 2 eggs over easy, sourdough toast, bacon.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 17, 2020 at 1:40 am Reason: merge
Old Jul 16, 2020, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
I love salads too. I also like Peking Duck and pasta Carbonara but I am not going to eat any of those at a baseball game. Oh well, you must not be the only one if they have them there.
I'd take duck pancakes at a stadium. That would be fantastic. Much better than the warm beer and cold pie I usually end up with.

Dinner last night was takeaway pad-see-ew with chicken and a couple of satay skewers.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Finally roasted beets for the first time in a few years. Delicious alone and then a slice of beef with a cheeseburger on roll-ppang. Maybe I’ll try making a salad sandwich for an upcoming luncheon.
corky likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bensyd
I'd take duck pancakes at a stadium. That would be fantastic. Much better than the warm beer and cold pie I usually end up with.

Dinner last night was takeaway pad-see-ew with chicken and a couple of satay skewers.
Beer and pie?
It would never occur to me to have anything but beer and a hot dog (or 2) at a baseball game. All these other things are just wrong.

Finally roasted beets for the first time in a few years. Delicious alone and then a slice of beef with a cheeseburger on roll-ppang. Maybe I’ll try making a salad sandwich for an upcoming luncheon.
You put beets and a slice of beef on a cheeseburger? Shudder.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 17, 2020 at 1:41 am Reason: merge
Old Jul 16, 2020, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Beer and pie?
It would never occur to me to have anything but beer and a hot dog (or 2) at a baseball game. All these other things are just wrong.
A pie, not pie. And a meat pie not a fruit pie. The pie is like the hot dog in America. Every petrol station sells them and they run the fully span from petrol station pies right through to hipster gourmet things.

You go to watch sport in Australia and you're eating a pie, not a hot dog.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bensyd
A pie, not pie. And a meat pie not a fruit pie. The pie is like the hot dog in America. Every petrol station sells them and they run the fully span from petrol station pies right through to hipster gourmet things.

You go to watch sport in Australia and you're eating a pie, not a hot dog.
Got it. I was picturing a slice of lemon meringue pie at the concession stand.
bensyd likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 12:33 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Tonight, one of my favorite meals. Shrimp Aguachili with lots of fresh tortilla chips from a small mom and pop in Eureka, CA. that has become a go-to for us.
corky likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Beer and pie?
Thank you, Voice of Reason.

Actually, I'd suggest any type of sausage on a bun is acceptable, but the local hot dog variant is required the first time you visit any ballpark (I've been to about half). The only exception I've found so far is in Milwaukee, it's a brat with "stadium sauce" instead of a dog.
corky likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Having grown up in Wisconsin, and buying all our cheese from small "cheese factories", we also always had a block of Velveeta. It still makes the best queso dip. Pluto isn't a planet, and buffaloes don't have wings. Velveeta gets my vote for a cheese.
You need to discover sodium citrate. You can buy a tub of it from amazon. Melt any cheese with a little liquid, like water or stock or beer or wine, and add a teaspoon of sodium citrate. It emulsifies the fat in the cheese and turns any cheese into a melty velveeta consistency.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.