Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What food do you bring on the plane (or to the airport)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What food do you bring on the plane (or to the airport)?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2024, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Jaysonb22
You wrote it yourself, people get arrested for the "other" things. There is no scenario where a I am going to be convicted of a felony for brining 2oz of bourbon on a plane; I feel as though you're being pedantic.
You are breaking the law by consuming this. It is up to the crew of your flight. It is pedantic but the law already exists, at least here in the USA, so it's not up to you.

-J.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 5:40 pm

Proteins, dried fruit, and a bottle of water
Old Apr 6, 2024, 5:05 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
just mentioned this in the CommunityBuzz thread.

My favorite meal to bring on a plane was flying out of SIN, I'd go to a hawker stand and order a dish to go. Singapore customs/security had zero issue with me bringing a hawker meal through

I truly felt bad opening it up on the plane, I'm sure there were folks who were ticked off due to the smell and I'm sure there were folks that were making the comment to the FA, I'll have what he's having.
braslvr and FlyerEC like this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
just mentioned this in the CommunityBuzz thread.

My favorite meal to bring on a plane was flying out of SIN, I'd go to a hawker stand and order a dish to go. Singapore customs/security had zero issue with me bringing a hawker meal through

I truly felt bad opening it up on the plane, I'm sure there were folks who were ticked off due to the smell and I'm sure there were folks that were making the comment to the FA, I'll have what he's having.
I tried looking for a thread but didn't see a thread like this, but what was it that you brought on board? I'd love to bring a durian shake on board if it wasn't for the threat of violence for doing so. A lot of hawker foods aren't that smelly so it'd be interesting to see.

One thing I'll be doing is bringing some nong-shim cup noodles with me (along with something that doesn't require heating). Most flights I have taken serve cup noodles mid flight.... but they go with the boring neutral chicken... I'd like something a little bigger and better tasting... that and like you mentioned above, I'll take the death stares and utter confusion (just for the laughs)... Just because you didn't think of it doesn't mean I should suffer (and yes, I know, I'm about to receive a bunch of hate for this)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.