Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tea?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2013, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by gobluetwo

I also enjoy herbal "teas" like mint, ginseng, and solomon's seal. I've taken different types of Asian (mostly Chinese and Korean) herbal remedies, also (which sometimes can taste pretty nasty). Never understood chamomile, though. Yuck.
Funny you should put it that way. When we have gone to Italy and South America, the spousal unit always gets a bit confused the first couple of days when I ask for his espresso and my "infusione" or "infusion" in the evening. I have to remind him that in most of the world, tea is black, green, or white tea. Herbal infusions are, in fact, not teas at all, but boiled infusions of other types of herbs (sometimes medicinal, sometimes aromatic), and are therefore not referred to as herbal "teas".
Old Sep 30, 2013, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I strongly prefer tea to coffee. Not much of a tea snob, although i do enjoy a good cup of earl grey, green (sencha is good, matcha is great), jasmine, certain chais.

I also enjoy herbal "teas" like mint, ginseng, and solomon's seal. I've taken different types of Asian (mostly Chinese and Korean) herbal remedies, also (which sometimes can taste pretty nasty). Never understood chamomile, though. Yuck.

Tea bags are fine, loose teas preferred, blooming teas for the sheer cool factor
Camomile goes down nice and smooth. I'll pick this once in awhile for its detoxifying properties. Green tea seems the most healthy across the board.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
I like chamomile, as long as it has a spoonful of honey in it. It's the honey makes the difference, says I.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Time to point out (as ysolde just tried to) that chamomile tea isn't tea.

Here's a thread already made up to discuss your love for infusions and tisanes:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/dinin...d-tisanes.html
Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LapLap
Time to point out (as ysolde just tried to) that chamomile tea isn't tea.

Here's a thread already made up to discuss your love for infusions and tisanes:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/dinin...d-tisanes.html
Nice thread. Funny, I'm Korean and boricha, oksusu cha (roasted corn) and hyeonmi cha (roasted brown rice) are so common, I kinda forgot about them. They're good, though. Nice on a cold day.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:43 pm

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
Tea? YES.

Twinings is my go-to simply because it is so widely available.

Otherwise, whenever I can, I buy as much TWG (Singaporean) as I can lay my hands on. TWG link
Old Oct 1, 2013, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Nice thread. Funny, I'm Korean and boricha, oksusu cha (roasted corn) and hyeonmi cha (roasted brown rice) are so common, I kinda forgot about them. They're good, though. Nice on a cold day.
Traditional Jasmine tea (cha) is a staple of mine at any Asian restaurant. I try to go through most of the pot before meal's end.

As a child, I liked Chrysanthemum tea.. my favorite tea back then.^
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:11 am

I simply love Tea

Tea is something I actually couldn't live without. I drink about 1,5 liters a day seriously I love my tea. I have a special teamaker machine at home and my favorite are the Christmas blends with lots of spices.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Elizaremi22
I have a special teamaker machine at home
Please can you enlighten me, and probably some others, as to what a tea maker machine is? I simply use an electric kettle which seems simple enough to me.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by BigRedBears
It's a girl's tea. Of course there is nothing wrong with that.
Not going to argue with that, but I still like it. The double espresso that I have before my tea reaffirms my alpha-male status
Old Oct 3, 2013, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Elizaremi22
Tea is something I actually couldn't live without. I drink about 1,5 liters a day seriously I love my tea. I have a special teamaker machine at home and my favorite are the Christmas blends with lots of spices.
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Please can you enlighten me, and probably some others, as to what a tea maker machine is? I simply use an electric kettle which seems simple enough to me.
Welcome to your first post on FT!

Yes, I'm curious what a specialty tea machine does? Perhaps post a link if you can of a picture, and a list of its function. Inquiring minds would like to know.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA1K
English Breakfast is my favorite. Jasmine and Oolong tied for second. When desperate, Lipton, if steeped for a few seconds in boiling water (I use the microwave) that seems to release a robust floral scent, then I add some cool water to tame some of the heaviness. I never add anything to my tea.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Edit - I generally bring teabags back from the UK when I make a trip.
I practically need an extra bag for all the tea I bring back. If you looked in my kitchen cabinet, you'd barely know you're in a NYC apartment, it's full of tea from Fortnum and Mason, Harrods and Waitrose.

Never acquired a taste for coffee - to me, it's nasty and bitter - but I love tea.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Originally Posted by ShopAround
I practically need an extra bag for all the tea I bring back. If you looked in my kitchen cabinet, you'd barely know you're in a NYC apartment, it's full of tea from Fortnum and Mason, Harrods and Waitrose.

Never acquired a taste for coffee - to me, it's nasty and bitter - but I love tea.
Good coffee is smooth and not at all bitter.

Staying on topic, my mug at work is so big it needs two Twinnings English Breakfast tea bags to get a strong enough cup of tea. It is my preferred tea however, I am not a tea snob and will drink anything except the cheapest and poorest quality supermarket teabags.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 11:49 am

I'm currently in love with World Market's pomegranate white tea. I'm also going through mint green tea, jasmine tea, and have some chocolate mint tea that I'm not a huge fan of.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.