Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tea?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2013, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by USA_flyer
Good coffee is smooth and not at all bitter.
Staying off topic for just a moment longer, I'm generally not a big coffee fan, although (in my limited coffee-drinking experience), I do enjoy the smoothness and richness of pure Kona coffee. Not at all bitter with great flavor.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
I usually drink iced Jasmine tea (unsweetened) alongside meals at restaurants, but my favourite (for a snack) is Starbucks's soy green tea frap!
Old Feb 24, 2014, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Decaf Black Tea

Any (widely-available) one worth drinking? Most I've had are so bleh.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:06 pm

Decaf Black Tea - reply

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Any (widely-available) one worth drinking?
No.

Most I've had are so bleh.
You're lucky if "bleh" is the worst you encountered.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 12:30 am

Twinings English breakfast decaf isn't too hard to find, and is fairly passable. Twinings irish breakfast is also not bad, though a little too robust for my taste, and a littel harder to source.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 2:24 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
I actually order the Fairmont black tea (Tea at the Empress) from the Fairmont store and usually grab a few teabags for the road when I stay at Fairmont hotels. I never thought I would pay exorbitant prices for merchandise on a hotel website, but... I do.

They have a decaf blend, and while I haven't tried it, all of their other teas are very good. I'd give it a shot. They have loose tea and teabags, and apparently they went to a lot of trouble to produce a drinkable decaf.
http://www.fairmontstore.com/product...emID=FM-501-WS

Last edited by janetdoe; Feb 27, 2014 at 2:44 am
Old Feb 27, 2014, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
No.

You're lucky if "bleh" is the worst you encountered.
My mother has been forced to change, and as a lifelong teaholic, has discovered Marks and Spencers own brand as her decaff tea of choice.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 10:43 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Between it being winter and all this talk of tea, I wouldn't say no to a Hot Toddy right about now.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: BAEC, Aeroplan
Favorite tea for me is Organic Vanilla Rooibos from Davids Tea, mainly most type of Rooibos I enjoy.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AbuAK
Favorite tea for me is Organic Vanilla Rooibos from Davids Tea, mainly most type of Rooibos I enjoy.
You might like to share that in this purpose built thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/dinin...d-tisanes.html
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL FO
I love tea. Drink it almost every day. I love Bushell's from Australia. To me, makes the best cuppa. I try to take several bags of it with me on trips around the country so I have something other than Lipton or whatever they have in the hotel.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

A nice cup of tea

I have taken to having a nice cup of tea a few afternoons a week. I don't know if I should be worried at increased caffeine addiction or pleased at additional Britishness.

Now would also be a good time to read George Orwell's essay, A Nice Cup of Tea, if you haven't.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I enjoy that essay and also a cup of tea. I have to drink decaffeinated or herbal, so no worries about a caffeine addiction. Since I even have a porcelain cup and a tea ball at work, I'm going to lean towards a touch Britishness for me.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I have taken to having a nice cup of tea a few afternoons a week. I don't know if I should be worried at increased caffeine addiction or pleased at additional Britishness.

Now would also be a good time to read George Orwell's essay, A Nice Cup of Tea, if you haven't.
It's just after 3pm here in Blighty and I always enjoy my afternoon cuppa at this time.
Afternoon tea for me tends to be a bit lighter than the strong stuff I have in the morning - currently sipping a nice Darjeeling.
I do hope you make the tea properly in your household with a teapot warmed first and loose leaf rather than tea bags.
As for the milk first or second argument - well now that's a whole other can of worms I won't even begin to open !
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Clint Bint
I do hope you make the tea properly in your household with a teapot warmed first and loose leaf rather than tea bags.
If I'm at home, that is exactly how I do it. At work, I have to resort to using a tea ball in my cup, instead of using a teapot. Thankfully though, the water dispensers at work do have boiling water, and I don't have to settle for the hot water from the coffee machine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.