Wiki Posts
Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2021, 11:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I discovered that the Pillsbury and other biscuits that come frozen (usually ~dozen in a bag) are almost as good as the ones I can make myself, and substantially better than even the best canned ones.
Those are good. I had completely forgotten about them.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Originally Posted by kipper
I obviously didn't grow up in the south, because I'm not a fan of sausage gravy.
Born and raised in California, and good sausage gravy over biscuits is one of my favorite foods on the planet. ULTIMATE comfort food. I don't think I'd care for the casserole much though. Biscuits would get too soggy.
cblaisd likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by braslvr
Born and raised in California, and good sausage gravy over biscuits is one of my favorite foods on the planet. ULTIMATE comfort food. I don't think I'd care for the casserole much though. Biscuits would get too soggy.
I feel like biscuits & sausage gravy is or was a Denny’s staple, nationwide. I never knew that it’s a southern dish.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 7:15 am

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by braslvr
That’s why the biscuits are on top. 💡
braslvr and corky like this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 10:50 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Yes, opened the can and then baked them!

I didn't grow up in the south either and it's only in recent years that I grew to like it. It's pretty good with hot sausage.
It just doesn't appeal to me.
Originally Posted by gaobest
I feel like biscuits & sausage gravy is or was a Denny’s staple, nationwide. I never knew that it’s a southern dish.
https://www.ophdenver.com/biscuits-g...rican-classic/

Biscuits and gravy emerged as a regional dish in the South after the Revolutionary War. Food supplies were low and breakfast needed to be not only affordable, but a big meal for those who worked long, hard days on plantations. Biscuits, already a staple, were a cheap and easy choice. Gravy, based on the classic French sauce, with the addition of pork added inexpensive bulk and protein to the meal.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I am eating all the junk in the house. Tomorrow I will restrict my food intake in preparation for a colonoscopy. Lots of foods come off the list 3 days in advance: no fruits or vegetables, no dairy, no seeds, no alcohol, and more.

I had a half grapefruit, an everything bagel, mango nectar, leftover salad, leftover tacos, chocolate and plantain chips. I have a fresh pineapple, cottage cheese and leftover hot wings to finish tonight as well as a container of cookies and cream ice cream.
corky and boxo like this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BamaVol
I am eating all the junk in the house. Tomorrow I will restrict my food intake in preparation for a colonoscopy. Lots of foods come off the list 3 days in advance: no fruits or vegetables, no dairy, no seeds, no alcohol, and more.

I had a half grapefruit, an everything bagel, mango nectar, leftover salad, leftover tacos, chocolate and plantain chips. I have a fresh pineapple, cottage cheese and leftover hot wings to finish tonight as well as a container of cookies and cream ice cream.
gl gl - May it all go great :-)
Old Jan 2, 2021, 3:18 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Blessed healthy yummy New Year everyone !! Feasting into 2021 !

The almond chocolate tree posted somewhere above or possibly the CHRISTmas meal thread is slowly being broken off branch by branch & eaten .. many were hesitant to start on the lovely tree

Hybrid Black Forest Tiramisu cake baked by a guy friend

One of a few Venchi chocolate gift boxes received

Fish balls , the slightly larger ones have bits of chilli and onions

A Peranakan specialty - nasi ulam - rice salad with bits of fish and various herbs . Lovingly prepared by another guy friend .

Some of the spread

One of the few roast beefs over the fortnight

Actually to show the pig trotters vermicelli in the bottom corner

Chicken green curry experiment by girl friend

Started on the box of chocolates
corky, Kalboz and wrp96 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 3:36 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Breakfast: Waffles with mango sauce and whipped cream

Jaimito Cartero and BamaVol like this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Flavor profiles

Been trying to finish up the sous vide pork roast we made a couple of weeks ago. I picked up a jar of roasted green chiles at Costco the other day. My wife made it into a green chile pork. Perfect for burritos and such. My 8 year old and I decided to make some fresh guacamole to go with them.

Afterwards, she decided to see what else the guacamole would go with. She had some left over pancakes from breakfast, and put some guac on top. It actually tasted fairly good. I never would have thought to try it.
boxo and Kalboz like this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Afterwards, she decided to see what else the guacamole would go with. She had some left over pancakes from breakfast, and put some guac on top. It actually tasted fairly good. I never would have thought to try it.
I’m impressed and happy to learn this idea. Looking forward to when everyone else tries it :-)
Old Jan 2, 2021, 6:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
I grilled a spatchcock chicken that I dry brined then rubbed with oil and za’atar. Steamed plain broccoli to balance the salty meat.

After an hour on the Traeger.

Old Jan 2, 2021, 7:03 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by boxo
I grilled a spatchcock chicken that I dry brined then rubbed with oil and za’atar. Steamed plain broccoli to balance the salty meat.
You've got to try Adeena Sussman's Za’atar Roasted Chicken over Sumac Potatoes recipe.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA884
You've got to try Adeena Sussman's Za’atar Roasted Chicken over Sumac Potatoes recipe.
Wow--that sounds really good. I printed it out...the potatoes sound great & I love sumac but forget to use it.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA884
gorgeous - I’m tempted. I found a recipe for making the za’atar spice combo and I recognize a packaging company for the sumac. Very very tempted :-)
TWA884 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.