Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2020, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Finkface
And put shredded cheddar on the outside of the sandwich too, and cook it in. Nothing better and no need to butter the outside of the bread first. Just melt some butter in your pan, swirl the bread in the melted butter then press some shredded cheddar onto it. That becomes the outside of one side. Put it in the pan cheese side down and top with your filling cheese. Do the same with the other slice so the cheese is on the top. Then cook and flip as usual. Takes a grilled cheese to a whole new level.
I spread the outside of the bread with mayo...it helps with the browning and doesn't taste like mayo.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 8:20 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
You’re not supposed to eat the pit!
i knew someone who would throw the pit into his smoothies. I don't know if he was just showing off the Vitamix, or if he truly bought into the "this is great fiber" reasoning.

Me, I felt my smoothies got plenty of fiber from the normal ingredients; no need to add the avocado pit. (FWIW, I don't think avocado pits are toxic, unlike stone fruits like peaches or cherries.)
Old Aug 22, 2020, 10:13 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Eggs, green bell pepper, onion, and mushroom sauteed in coconut oil and topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 10:14 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Dinner at home last night ...

Old Aug 22, 2020, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Kalboz

Yummmmm, Cinnamon Toast Crunch!
corky likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Yummmmm, Cinnamon Toast Crunch!
Lol can you get it where you are? You know I thought of you as I had my cherries jubilee last night.

Originally Posted by work2fly
Eggs, green bell pepper, onion, and mushroom sauteed in coconut oil and topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
how is it in the coconut oil?

Originally Posted by exerda
i knew someone who would throw the pit into his smoothies. I don't know if he was just showing off the Vitamix, or if he truly bought into the "this is great fiber" reasoning.
...)
wow - i don’t know the blades but I’d fear breaking them.

Originally Posted by Kalboz

How did you cook and eat the lettuce? Gorgeous sushi and gyoza. Very impressive :-)
Kalboz likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 10:52 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by gaobest
how is it in the coconut oil?
You can taste a hint of coconut. I don't do it for taste (I prefer eggs cooked in olive oil), but I'm doing keto and coconut is a better oil for that diet. Besides, I have huge Costco sized container of it, so I need to use it whenever I can. It's not bad mixed with Swerve sweetener and cacao powder to make a kind of sugar free fudge. In that case, the hint of coconut actually complements the taste of chocolate.

How did you cook and eat the lettuce? Gorgeous sushi and gyoza. Very impressive :-)
I was wondering about the lettuce too. I didn't see any dressing, so is that just for some crunch on the side?
Old Aug 22, 2020, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We use coconut oil for popcorn and when I make a curry for browning the chicken or beef.

Saturday brunch:
cinnamon French toast with organic maple syrup (safeway)
levain toast with organic peanut butter and organic cherry preserves
mango
watermelon

how do we deal with the mango strands in teeth? I floss and seek a better solution if possible, while not eschewing the mango. I fear missing some random mango Strand.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 2:52 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Lol can you get it where you are? You know I thought of you as I had my cherries jubilee last night.

Just consumed it raw - lazy man's veggies! Thai folk cook lettuce!

This is for Jaimito Cartero now that we are stocked up as the kids are home/online schooling due to COVID!

Old Aug 22, 2020, 3:00 pm

Stacked up couple of deals (GrubHub $15 code) to get Lamb Tikka Masala from Tandoori Indian Cuisine.

The food was scrumptious but the serving was stingy & the protein was anemic! But not too bad for $0.00 cost and 10-minutes walk in the oppressive heat to pick it up!

Old Aug 22, 2020, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I do love rice with gravy, so there’s at least that... :-)
Old Aug 22, 2020, 6:45 pm

The anemic mutton is hiding under the delicious gravy!
Old Aug 22, 2020, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Finkface
And put shredded cheddar on the outside of the sandwich too, and cook it in. Nothing better and no need to butter the outside of the bread first. Just melt some butter in your pan, swirl the bread in the melted butter then press some shredded cheddar onto it. That becomes the outside of one side. Put it in the pan cheese side down and top with your filling cheese. Do the same with the other slice so the cheese is on the top. Then cook and flip as usual. Takes a grilled cheese to a whole new level.
it’s a great idea and I want more practice. I fear my outer cheese got too crispy :-)
I also fear that too much cheese falls from the bread :-)
Old Aug 22, 2020, 9:30 pm

Had the leftover for dinner with bulgur wheat and chicken milanese
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 6:08 am

Programs: Free agent
Got two 5 lb lobsters steamed and cracked from one of our local seafood stores last night for $8 a lb. Delicious and relatively affordable.
corky likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.