Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2020, 10:27 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by boxo
A few years ago, I took the Chicago Architecture Week / Open House Chicago tour of the Frank LLoyd Wright-designed SC Johnson headquarters in Racine and our motorcoach had a planned stop at O&H on the way back.
Fun, but a better stop would have been at The Brat Stop.
boxo likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 2:32 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by boxo
A few years ago, I took the Chicago Architecture Week / Open House Chicago tour of the Frank LLoyd Wright-designed SC Johnson headquarters in Racine and our motorcoach had a planned stop at O&H on the way back. I am 99.9% positive I ate the entire kringle in my hotel room over the few days of my stay. I may have even bought and ate two. I'd have to consult my FB albums to jog my memory.

Kalboz , for how much does TJ's sell them?
Shoot, I don't blame you for consuming the whole thing ... the ring is delicious and full of that Marzipan almond flavor! The only issue I have that it is too sweet with that dried sugary goop that they smudge on top. We remove the sugar from top before carefully heating it in the oven and the fragrance is just awesome! It is very delicate when heated, so be careful when transferring from the oven rack to your plate!

I believe it was $7.99 per each at our South Coast Metro Trader Joe's!

boxo likes this.

Last edited by Kalboz; Nov 25, 2020 at 2:04 pm
Old Nov 24, 2020, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kalboz

I believe it was $7.99 per each at our South Coast Metro Trader Joe's!
To my surprise, we got the weekly advertisement for a local grocery about 20 minutes ago and it had a Racine Kringle on sale. I guess it's gone worldwide. In some ways, that's a shame.
boxo and Kalboz like this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 3:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
A Pederson’s uncured sausage with roasted red potatoes and salad.

braslvr, corky and Kalboz like this.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Leftover pasta with spicy Italian sausage and Rao’s marinara
raw veggies
pb&j crustless sandwiches (practice for thanksgiving)
Old Nov 24, 2020, 9:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by JBord
Fun, but a better stop would have been at The Brat Stop.
Ha ha, you made me google map that. There it is, in Kenosha.
https://goo.gl/maps/mKVqngRMDDeQ3obS6
JBord likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 7:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by gaobest
Leftover pasta with spicy Italian sausage and Rao’s marinara
raw veggies
pb&j crustless sandwiches (practice for thanksgiving)
How much practice do you need to make crustless PB&J sandwiches? You can do anything from simply slice off the crusts to using various "sandwich" tools that will do it for you.
corky likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper
How much practice do you need to make crustless PB&J sandwiches? You can do anything from simply slice off the crusts to using various "sandwich" tools that will do it for you.
I think the bigger question is why isn't the kid making his own PB&J?
Old Nov 25, 2020, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by corky
because I prefer to make it!
Old Nov 25, 2020, 9:39 am

Maybe the kid doesn't know how to make them?
Old Nov 25, 2020, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gaobest
because I prefer to make it!
A peanut butter and jelly while you are busy preparing a whole turkey dinner? Teamwork! Does he ever make any of his own food?
I hope this kid grows up to find a woman who is willing to hand feed him and prepare every bit of food he eats. Living on his own might be a problem.
Finkface likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 11:59 am

A peanut butter and jelly while you are busy preparing a whole turkey dinner? Teamwork! Does he ever make any of his own food?
I hope this kid grows up to find a woman who is willing to hand feed him and prepare every bit of food he eats. Living on his own might be a problem.
And make multiple meals...
corky likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just found out about “dream bars” today. It has been pretty stressful at home since I woke up to the shouting and ranting of the next door neighbour who has absconded from the Mental Asylum where she is supposed to be right now. The neighbour above her has given her refuge, and until the police return with an entry warrant they cannot go in to collect her. She has been verbally assailing and harassing every passer by since 8am from an open window. She trained as an actress and, boy, can she project her voice!

So, comfort food. But I was too nervous to leave the house and get supplies so I used what was to hand:
The last of the butter (about a tablespoon), Demerara sugar and golden syrup. Heated together, tipped into this two kinds of oats and some desiccated coconut. Mixed and placed into a parchment lined tray - basically a giant “flapjack”. On top of this I spread a combination of 1 x penguin bar, 1 x tunnocks bar (chocolate wafer & caramel), 1 x Cadbury’s cream egg - all of which I sliced and hacked into bitty pieces along with some chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and malted cornflake crumbs (leftover from a modified Cristina Tosi recipe). Final touch was a generous drizzle of condensed milk and baked at 175C (345F) for around 20 minutes then cooled.

REALLY junky! But delicious.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LapLap
I just found out about “dream bars” today. It has been pretty stressful at home since I woke up to the shouting and ranting of the next door neighbour who has absconded from the Mental Asylum where she is supposed to be right now. The neighbour above her has given her refuge, and until the police return with an entry warrant they cannot go in to collect her. She has been verbally assailing and harassing every passer by since 8am from an open window. She trained as an actress and, boy, can she project her voice!

So, comfort food. But I was too nervous to leave the house and get supplies so I used what was to hand:
The last of the butter (about a tablespoon), Demerara sugar and golden syrup. Heated together, tipped into this two kinds of oats and some desiccated coconut. Mixed and placed into a parchment lined tray - basically a giant “flapjack”. On top of this I spread a combination of 1 x penguin bar, 1 x tunnocks bar (chocolate wafer & caramel), 1 x Cadbury’s cream egg - all of which I sliced and hacked into bitty pieces along with some chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and malted cornflake crumbs (leftover from a modified Cristina Tosi recipe). Final touch was a generous drizzle of condensed milk and baked at 175C (345F) for around 20 minutes then cooled.

REALLY junky! But delicious.
Wow--that sounds exciting.
And that is a very "creative" snack that you threw together. lol. I love that you managed to find use for a Cadbury egg although I am wondering why you still have any around.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow--that sounds exciting.
And that is a very "creative" snack that you threw together. lol. I love that you managed to find use for a Cadbury egg although I am wondering why you still have any around.
Not exciting at all, this neighbour was giving us hell between March and early September. The last two and a half months when she has been away has been beyond blissful and I was nearly back to my target weight
Cadburys cream eggs were on sale for about 10p after Easter and I picked some up so my daughter wouldn’t be denied the childhood rite of passage involved in actually eating them. She managed one. The others have been in her candy box, untouched, ever since. Until today! McDonalds occasionally puts mashed up cream eggs in their Flurrys, that’s about the only way it is possible to ingest them without then battling the urge to puke. My husband has taken them to Japan to a gathering of former colleagues, eating them is a challenge that makes a bush tucker trial seem tame. This one was laid to rest with dignity in its dream bar flapjack coffin.
corky and GUWonder like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.