Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2020, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gaobest
yes - I don’t even want to grill right now. I stovetop cooked Aidell chicken apple sausages for my spouse for luncheon.

plus...
grilled cheese - San Luis sourdough & tillamook medium cheddar and watermelon
grilled cheese - Gayle’s sourdough & tillamook Sharp cheddar & tillamook Swiss and Kettle jalapeño chips

one big benefit of reading about Ian’s paninis - I use my sandwich press for some awesome grilled cheese on our “griddle” pan. Big yay! I’m looking forward to more grilled cheese ideas, like tomatoes, jalapeño, pickle, avocado, etc - not all necessarily together :-)
Am I reading this right? Why do you have 2 different brands of sourdough?
Old Aug 19, 2020, 9:03 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond

Charcuterie board for lunch. My wife and I managed to polish it off, too, despite that looking like a ton of food.

This is the first time I tried packing the board rather than spacing the ingredients out a bit more.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by exerda

Charcuterie board for lunch. My wife and I managed to polish it off, too, despite that looking like a ton of food.

This is the first time I tried packing the board rather than spacing the ingredients out a bit more.
Very beautiful board...but you polished that whole thing off? Yikes...nap time.
exerda likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by corky
Am I reading this right? Why do you have 2 different brands of sourdough?
Our child prefers San Luis Sourdough, which is $4.99 retail at Safeway and sometimes on sale.
Driving home from staycation, we stopped at Gayle’s & DQ in Capitola and one thing I got was their own baked bread. I got a loaf of their sourdough which was only $3.95. I can’t tell the difference but buying from the baker is a tad nicer than buying from Safeway. Since we only have one big griddle pan and only 1 press, I made my child’s grilled cheese first, then made my own.

Originally Posted by exerda
Gorgeous board! Wow :-)
Old Aug 20, 2020, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Second visit in a week to the Lobster Shed at the Pig at Harlyn Bay. Today, I will go for Grilled, rather than cold, lobster, but repeat the chips, the salad and the padron peppers. However, it will be Pinot Grigio rather than Gruner Veltliner. Very excited!
corky likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Our child prefers San Luis Sourdough, which is $4.99 retail at Safeway and sometimes on sale.
Driving home from staycation, we stopped at Gayle’s & DQ in Capitola and one thing I got was their own baked bread. I got a loaf of their sourdough which was only $3.95. I can’t tell the difference but buying from the baker is a tad nicer than buying from Safeway. Since we only have one big griddle pan and only 1 press, I made my child’s grilled cheese first, then made my own.
Wow, your kid is sooooo spoiled.
corky likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 7:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Separate sourdough because the child prefers that...
Old Aug 20, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: Free agent
Had friends come up for the week. We ate:
4 dozen Wellfleet oysters
4 dozen littlenecks (steamed Portuguese style with linguica)
At least a dozen homegrown tomatoes, mostly just raw with salt
along with a ton of scallops and a few other bits and bobs.

I'm going on a diet next week.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
Had friends come up for the week. We ate:
4 dozen Wellfleet oysters
4 dozen littlenecks (steamed Portuguese style with linguica)
At least a dozen homegrown tomatoes, mostly just raw with salt
along with a ton of scallops and a few other bits and bobs.

I'm going on a diet next week.
Each?

🐷
MSYtoJFKagain likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 10:40 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by teddybear99
Each?

🐷
It certainly felt like it!
Old Aug 20, 2020, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gorgeous board! Wow :-)
A staycation is when you stay in your own home & just take time off from work. If you go on a trip that is a vacation.
You have the best sourdough up in the bay area. Maybe you should make your own!

Originally Posted by kipper
and English muffins and pasta and ice cream and burgers and refrigerator and god only knows what else the kid's preferences dictate.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Lol we have a THIRD loaf of sourdough in the fridge. I’m going to start freezing some bread today.

Originally Posted by teddybear99
Each?
🐷
arent oysters like zero calories? More a cost than anything else... I saw a FB friend’s FB story with much nigiri and I had hoped it was all for him. Alas it was him and his friends - INDOOR dining somewhere in uk. I’m confused. I thought indoor dining was bad during pandemic. It’s banned here in sf and I’ve also seen a FB live of other friends having Hot Pot indoors at a restaurant. I’m so confused!

A staycation is when you stay in your own home & just take time off from work. If you go on a trip that is a vacation.
and English muffins and pasta and ice cream and burgers and refrigerator and god only knows what else the kid's preferences dictate.
we all know that I love our new fridge - much ice FTW. What would have occurred if our child hadn’t reminded us about the needed door dispenser feature???
I sincerely hope that your fridge situation is better... it’s heartbreaking.
It turns out that pre-sliced sourdough is amazing for a grilled cheese. Who knew! I love making and eating them.
but $12 Tartine bread is truly so good/tasty and that’s my personal thing. Obviously we all enjoy spoiling ourselves. I’m making up for not getting all I wanted as a child :-)
Old Aug 20, 2020, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...

Yep.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Lol we have a THIRD loaf of sourdough in the fridge. I’m going to start freezing some bread today.
What’s the male version of Veruca Salt? Augustus Gloop? Mike Teevee?
Old Aug 20, 2020, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper
"Mummy, this sourdough is not made with artisanal ingredients by an authentic sourdough baker. I require you to go to France and get me some. Also you need to make me only grilled cheese with it because I WILL NOT eat other things."

What’s the male version of Veruca Salt? Augustus Gloop? Mike Teevee?
You're assuming that the kid is a boy...gaobest is always playing the pronoun game with their family.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.