Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Today .... I (we) have been eating ....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
We stopped at Panera for a late lunch on the way back from Pensacola. I had a cup of turkey chili and 1/2 Thai chicken salad. I love the chili even though it tastes like it's loaded with sugar. Their salads all taste alike to me.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:37 am

Yummy, I ate a large Pizza with some tasty french fries and an X large cup of Pepsi ^-^
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In a big rush this morning, I threw a banana and a plastic cup with peeled grapefruit in light syrup in a bag and dashed. I also threw my vitamins in my jacket pocket where I discovered them at lunchtime.

Lunch was a couple clementines, a bag of red grapes and 7 ounces of smoked turkey breast.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Valentine's late bf, as we have the day off. Smoked salmon with capers, chopped red onions, soft poached eggs, brown toast and champagne + darjeeling tea.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:39 am

Lunch meal of today

Today, I have eaten a delicious

Chicken Marsala Over White Rice

1. Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes. Set rice aside.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk the flour with salt, black pepper, and oregano. Gently press the chicken breasts into the flour mixture to coat, and shake off the excess flour.
  3. Heat the olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the chicken in the skillet and cook until the chicken is no longer pink inside and golden brown outside, 5 to 8 minutes per side. Drain the cooked chicken on a paper towel-lined plate.
  4. Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the same skillet over medium heat while scraping up any brown bits with a spoon. Stir in the garlic; cook and stir until fragrant. Add the mushrooms, and cook and stir until they are tender and have released their liquid, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper, then stir in the Marsala wine and chicken stock.
  5. Transfer the chicken back to the skillet, and spoon sauce over chicken pieces. Increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes more. Serve the chicken and sauce over the cooked rice.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Today, UA's finest economy class gluten free airline food . Actually, a tasty Thai chicken curry and a fruit salad, so not bad, all things considered.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Breakfast: OJ, 3 cups of coffee, grapefruit, banana, coconut milk yogurt (strawberry banana).
Lunch: leftover 1/2 rare tuna steak from last night's dinner, wasabi cucumber dip, steak fries, broccoli chop salad, clementine, water
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Steak sandwich with peppers and onions and pasta salad. Pretty good.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:10 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Guadalajara (Mercado Libertad)
-torta ahogada (“drowned sandwich”) with carnitas (chopped pork), onions, and lime
-shrimp and fish tacos
-ginger, orange, catus, lemon mixed juice

Tequila
-a few samples of the eponymous tipple, and crema de membrillo (upon reading the ingredients, I was disappointed to learn there was no actual quince)
-carne en su jugo (“meat in its juice”), basically spicy beef with beans and bacon, served with tortillas, lime, onions, and cilantro
-club soda

Guadalajara
-torta with grilled shrimp, pineapple, avocado, Chihuahuan cheese, and tomatoes, served with escabeche
-chocolate shake
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Toast for breakfast, grilled cheese for lunch. Meatloaf and broccoli for dinner today.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Breakfast: 1/2 banana, English muffin with peanut butter, OJ, coffee
Lunch: Berry flavored coconut water, sliced mesquite smoked turkey, red grapes, strawberry soy yogurt
Dinner: I'm in the mood for pizza even though it will hurt me
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
First time ever, Burger King breakfast croissant and egg sandwich. UGH ! NEVER AGAIN.

Pizza sounds good.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by BamaVol
Breakfast: 1/2 banana, English muffin with peanut butter, OJ, coffee
Lunch: Berry flavored coconut water, sliced mesquite smoked turkey, red grapes, strawberry soy yogurt
Dinner: I'm in the mood for pizza even though it will hurt me
I could go for pizza too.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 9:12 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Orizaba and Veracruz, México

Breakfast
-Enfrijoladas (tortillas with eggs covered in beans), avocado, salsa verde, crema, onions
-Ginger, orange, pineapple, guava, mint juice

Lunch
-Hamburger with Oaxaca cheese, avocado, french fries, red onions, and salad
-Lime mint water

Dinner
-Torta (sandwich) of chorizo, refries beans, and onions
-Lime water
Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Breakfast: 3 pork sausage links, OJ, scrambled eggs with sharp cheddar & asparagus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.