What's your favourite crisps?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's your favourite crisps?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
I'm not sure if they still have them, but Taco Bell had those at one time.
I just had them the other week at Taco Bell.. bit light on the cinnamon, but certainly for the price of say $5.99, and getting the big box of goodies, I wasn't complaining..

Hit the spot.. But Taco Time is better, and had that with the family at a Taco Time Cantina the other week as well..^
Old Sep 15, 2011, 12:09 am

In the UK I love Brannigans Roast Beef & Mustard. In the US I like plain Ruffles (the ridged ones I think???).
Old Sep 15, 2011, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

my favorite is unquestionably sour cherry crisp. i do also like apple and peach crisps.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Unhappy Tacos sin la cucaracha por favor!

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I just had them the other week at Taco Bell.. bit light on the cinnamon, but certainly for the price of say $5.99, and getting the big box of goodies, I wasn't complaining..

Hit the spot.. But Taco Time is better, and had that with the family at a Taco Time Cantina the other week as well..^
After a saw a roach crawling over the taco meat, I haven't stepped in a Taco Bell in over 15 years.

I have never heard of Taco Time. I guess because they have so few locations in the US.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
After a saw a roach crawling over the taco meat, I haven't stepped in a Taco Bell in over 15 years.

I have never heard of Taco Time. I guess because they have so few locations in the US.
I guess the geography makes a difference as we're from Calgary, and there is a Taco Time pretty much convenient all over the city..

Higher quality than Taco Bell imo..

Must have been ugly seeing a roach over your taco meat.. Did it just crawl on, or was it served already in it?
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:06 am

Must have been ugly seeing a roach over your taco meat.. Did it just crawl on, or was it served already in it?
LOL. I wasn't my taco meat yet. I just walked out before ordering. It was crawling over the meat then scattered when one of the taco assemblers came near. The guy had to have seen it, but he didn't react in a way that indicated surprise. I guess he was used to seeing them.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:16 am

I just ate a portion of a bag of these today. Very tasty, and very addicting.

Old Sep 16, 2011, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if you want to avoid food places with roaches, i would recommend you visit almost every restaurant at about 9-10am, before they have the roach control people in. also, if you can get in before sunrise, and flip on some lights, you will find serious roach counts in almost every restaurant.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:07 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Salt & vinegar only. The sour taste appeals to my tastebuds, otherwise stick to veggie dips, various nuts or dried fish/squid for bar snacks.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Originally Posted by emma69
Munchos are a bit like Quavers!

I like UK cheesy wotsits - they are yummy and cheetos are a poor imitation!
I'm into Prawn Cocktail flavour Wotists at the moment, although I had a bag of cheese flavour for lunch which were real nice.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Originally Posted by slawecki
if you want to avoid food places with roaches, i would recommend you visit almost every restaurant at about 9-10am, before they have the roach control people in. also, if you can get in before sunrise, and flip on some lights, you will find serious roach counts in almost every restaurant.
This makes me very unhappy. I don't want to think about roaches when I'm eating out.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by USA_flyer
This makes me very unhappy. I don't want to think about roaches when I'm eating out.
It certainly isn't a problem in every restaurant. There is no reason a restaurant that is well managed should have any more insect problems than a home kitchen. You get bugs when food is left out, surfaces, floors etc are not cleaned of food debris, and things like walls are not maintained properly. Restaurants should be on top of those things anyway, regardless of insect problems.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 7:55 pm
Suspended

LOL. I wasn't my taco meat yet. I just walked out before ordering. It was crawling over the meat then scattered when one of the taco assemblers came near. The guy had to have seen it, but he didn't react in a way that indicated surprise. I guess he was used to seeing them.
So the Roach was on the Taco Meat where assemly of the tacos were done? and it scattered when one of the assemblers came near..

I guess Roach is the ingredient of the day.. stay healthy..
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:11 pm

So the Roach was on the Taco Meat where assemly of the tacos were done? and it scattered when one of the assemblers came near..
Yeah, it was crawling over the meat that they keep in bowls that workers use to assemble the tacos. They always say there are at least ten roaches for every one you see.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 5:40 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
These ones, of course!

Actually, as well as the name, they are rather tasty, and do a very good parsnip crisp as well. However, my current favourite has to be these:

as sold by my local coffee shop. They also do a fantastic root veg crisp packet - parsnip, beetroot and carrot. If we're allowed non root-veg-based crisps, then these are wonderful, but irritatingly hard to find:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.