Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diners, Drive Ins & Dives (Food Network) TV Show

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:12 pm

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Originally Posted by 4now
I heard that it was 1 capsule of vitaminE and a couple of vitaminC , before eating.
And a tablespoon of snake oil
Old Dec 29, 2011, 3:20 pm
Formerly known as MLW20

Programs: AA LT GOLD, Delta, UA/Continental & many others
Originally Posted by fsa3
Just came across this thread after doing some searching for Diners DriveIns and Dives. I thought you guys may find a site I threw together, http://www.tvfoodmaps.com useful in finding restaurants from DDD and some of the other Food Network shows. Happy Eating!
Hey FSA- Nice job with the site! I found it over the summer. I was going to post about it on here but was skimming the posts and saw you mentioned it!

I've been to a bunch of restaurants from various food shows. They are def hit or miss regardless of what these celebs say... It's still fun to go check out some of these places though.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TimF1975
Places I can remember visiting.

Franks Diner
Kenosha, WI ^^

Triple X Restaurant
West Lafayette, IN ^

Hackney's
Glenview, IL ^^

Taylor's Automatic Refresher
St. Helena, CA ^

Duarte's Tavern
Pescadero , CA ^^^

Smoque
Chicago, IL ^

Paradise Pup
Des Plaines, IL ^

Joe's
Gilbert, AZ ^^

Salsa Brava
Flagstaff, AZ ^

Super Duper Weenie
Fairfield, CT ^
My Ex used to have a boat at the Kenosha Yacht Club...Franks is HEAVENLY for Breakfast!
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Can anyone find a video that I watch Diners, Drive Ins & Dives on TV last week. I could not watch it last week. Do you anyone know about making a pizza with french fries, hamburger, mac & cheese and etc. I can't find on foodnetwork.com. Can you find a video that I can watch it again. Thanks All.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:41 pm

I LOVE Honkey Tonk BBQ in Chicago - delicious!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/diners-dr...ned/index.html
Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: UA
I've eaten in a couple DDD locations...

Jefferson Diner in Jefferson, NJ: this is a good diner, but it's just a diner. I wouldn't go out of your way to eat here. If you were passing right by it though, it's a reliable place to get a tasty meal.

Red Arrow Diner in Manchester, NH: another place that's just a good diner. Although they have homemade desserts that look good.

4 Kegs in Las Vegas: we came across this place unexpectedly, I noticed it and said "hey, isn't that the place from DDD?" so we stopped in. It's definitely a dive, but the food was delicious.

I may have been to a couple other places without knowing they were on DDD as well.

My brother is a HUGE fan of White Manna in Hackensack, NJ so I'm sure he would recommend it.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chillinthemost
My Ex used to have a boat at the Kenosha Yacht Club...Franks is HEAVENLY for Breakfast!
Their Cinnamon Roll French Toast is unbelievable.

Serving everyone coffee when you want a refill is a real experience
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
There is a Droid app that features all of the shows featured on The Food Network, including DDD. Just look for "TV Food Maps" on the Droid Market.

(Sorry if this is already posted, scanned the thread and didn't find it mentioned.)
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: Bowling Team Capt.
Russian river PUB - Guerneville CA. Nothing special about this place. small bar, 6 seats maybe, Pooltable takes up most of the rest of the indoor space. Good wings but I wouldn't stop there just for them.I think the only reason it was on is that the owner is a friend of Guy's.

Giusti's -Walnut Grove CA. Total dive bar on the California Delta,lots of River rat type people (if you have ever been on the Delta you know exactly what I mean). To be honest I didn't even know they served food. The bar ceiling is completely covered in Hats (caps) must be 2000 or so.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:40 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ninerfan
Russian river PUB - Guerneville CA.

Giusti's -Walnut Grove CA.
from the sounds of your post, these are places not to go I assume?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by niftyknitter
My brother is a HUGE fan of White Manna in Hackensack, NJ so I'm sure he would recommend it.
White Manna lives up to all the hype and then some. Some greasy homemade sliders... don't go in there with nice clothes though. They'll smell for DAYS.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: Bowling Team Capt.
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
from the sounds of your post, these are places not to go I assume?
Yeah I definitely wouldn't send someone out of their way to either of these places.

Giusti's is kind of a cool place as far as dive bars go. One thing about the California delta is the diversity, Literally, a million dollar yacht can pull up to Giusti's and dock next to an aluminum boat with a 12 hp motor on it. But as far as the food goes, it maybe great I was surprised to learn they had food.

The RRP is a run of the mill bar that serves pub food that is good but not anything you haven't had a million times.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: AA, HA, UA, DL, HH, SPG, Kimpton, Fairmont, New Otani, I Prefer
I have been to more DDD than I am comfortable admitting, but I haven't gone because of the show, I've gone because I found them on my own because when I travel I like finding joints along with the high end places.

I have been to some DDD places that are great, some that were average, but none were bad and I don't have any regrets about going to any of them.

Here is a link to the places they've been.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:57 pm

I hit Jay Bee's BBQ in Gardena and Paul's Coffee Shop in Fountain Valley last week on a trip to LA.

Jay Bee's is a little shack on a tiny corner and has a few picnic tables outside. I wasn't sure what to order so the owner who runs the window guided me to the pulled pork sandwich and baked beans. Both were great but next time I'd get the pork minus the bun. Sloppy but delicious.

Paul's is close to John Wayne Airport and is a typical breakfast diner but populated by War Vet's and decorated to attract this clientele. The waitress was very kind and friendly. I ordered the pot roast omelet which was great. She recommended a side of the pot roast gravy which came in handy. They have daily specials which looked very good.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA *Alliance
Antojito's la Texanita in Santa Rosa, CA gets a big ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.