Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

Diners, Drive Ins & Dives (Food Network) TV Show

Diners, Drive Ins & Dives (Food Network) TV Show

Old Nov 16, 2018, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by tcl
Agreed. We stopped in for breakfast because it was on DDD, Roadfood and mentioned on the Chow forums.
An aside on that note:

I'm rather sad that it seems that Chowhound's best days seem to be behind them. They've long been my go-to place to get the scoop on good local eats when I travel, but most of the info is years (sometimes a decade-plus) old, and newer threads are typically either a question with no answers or a question with a couple of answers, whereas threads from 5 years ago will sometimes have pages and pages of great discussion. Of course, half the time, the places that pop up in those older threads have permanently closed, so they're often not useful resources for current visits.

I don't know if it was the buyout and site redesign that killed the forums or just an organic sunsetting of the community as people found themselves tired of answering the same old questions week after week after week, but either way, it's a loss to the world because there isn't a great replacement--Yelp/TripAdvisor/etc. reviews can shine some light but really aren't ultra-reliable guides.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jackal
An aside on that note:

I'm rather sad that it seems that Chowhound's best days seem to be behind them. They've long been my go-to place to get the scoop on good local eats when I travel, but most of the info is years (sometimes a decade-plus) old, and newer threads are typically either a question with no answers or a question with a couple of answers, whereas threads from 5 years ago will sometimes have pages and pages of great discussion. Of course, half the time, the places that pop up in those older threads have permanently closed, so they're often not useful resources for current visits.

I don't know if it was the buyout and site redesign that killed the forums or just an organic sunsetting of the community as people found themselves tired of answering the same old questions week after week after week, but either way, it's a loss to the world because there isn't a great replacement--Yelp/TripAdvisor/etc. reviews can shine some light but really aren't ultra-reliable guides.
More OT but I used to be a big Chowhounder...for the cooking advice and the restaurants....more for local places. And yes, when they redesigned they really made it a pita to use. I just couldn't deal with it anymore.
Old May 25, 2020, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Diners, drive-ins, and dives TV show

Haven't you guys ever watch Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives TV show on every Friday night?

I always like to watch triple D on TV show for every Friday night. So I decide to stop watching. I am a breaks from TV show.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
It's nice to have on as background noise before I go to bed.
Kgmm77 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
It's nice to have on as background noise before I go to bed.
lol...I have to admit I've done that more than once
Old Jun 11, 2020, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Guess what we saw?!?!? We went to Sal's Gilbert Pizza. We met Sal. We have a baked ziti pizza. We have a nice talk. I told him that I saw on TV.

As you know that I watch Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives TV show by last year. I just ate baked ziti pizza today. It's so delicious!

Here's a pics:

Baked Ziti Pizza.
corky likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 7:55 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Mama Mia!
Old Jun 11, 2020, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All,

You might want to watch this! This is where I watched Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives on TV show over years ago. I saw on TV.

Here's a video.

Old Jun 12, 2020, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
I have been to some of the carmel Ca places on this show - From Scratch (western food in a carmel strip mall away from the Oceanside view) and Little Napoli (italian in very Central Carmel). I loved both places; both are very successful and require a bit of patience, like going on weekdays. It’s cute to see the picture of Guy at From Scratch.

We generally eat at specific places when we’re in carmel.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wrp96
My favorite Italian place, Bruno's Little Italy, was featured on DDD on Friday night. We had a family birthday dinner there last night so it was fun to tell them we saw them on TV.
Me, too! That's my favorite Italian foods. I ate tortellini, shells, ravioli, calzone, and a good pizza, as well.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I’ve been enjoying the home episodes. Funny enough I had take out from my Italian place on Friday night.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.