Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
PBR
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by exerda
What did you think of the Troegs Golden Thing? I was frankly a bit disappointed; I love most of their beers, particularly Nugget Nectar, but this was kind of "meh" for a DIPA.
Not going to bother with it again...not one of their better efforts IMO.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Sierra Nevada Torpedo was on sale so I grabbed a 12.

Better then I remember it. Pretty good for an IPA produced in quantity. Nice fresh hop flavor. Maybe they are distributing it faster than a few years ago. Or maybe I just got lucky for once.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast Stout. Very likely the most intensely flavored beer I've ever had. Although it isn't extremely high in alcohol (7.5%), the 5-oz serving size was quite adequate. Flavor profile was mostly Kalamata olives, to my palate, though coffee is the only actual added non-beer ingredient.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by MaxBuck
Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast Stout. Very likely the most intensely flavored beer I've ever had. Although it isn't extremely high in alcohol (7.5%), the 5-oz serving size was quite adequate. Flavor profile was mostly Kalamata olives, to my palate, though coffee is the only actual added non-beer ingredient.
Very interesting.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Sierra Nevada Torpedo was on sale so I grabbed a 12.

Better then I remember it. Pretty good for an IPA produced in quantity. Nice fresh hop flavor. Maybe they are distributing it faster than a few years ago. Or maybe I just got lucky for once.
I had tried it a couple years ago and wasn’t impressed. Also had a tropical torpedo which was vile.

In November DL kept us an extra night in AVL so we visited the Sierra Nevada brewery which is quite handy to the airport. And I ordered a couple flights and lo and behold the Torpedo was quite drinkable. You may be on to something.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Villager by Fort Point Beer Co. Described as a SF style IPA. It's sour, a little hazy and not too hoppy. This would be a great beer to have with food.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sweet Baby Jesus - chocolate peanut butter porter from Duclaw Brewing. Purchased at Chan’s Wine World, where I could have spent thousands of dollars on beer this afternoon had I been so inclined.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
First time in New Orleans. Found bar near hotel with Parish Ghost in the Machine DIPA on draft.

Holy crap -- up there with Treehouse

Thankfully have a couple more nights here so will be coming back after the work day ends...
BamaVol likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Duke787
First time in New Orleans. Found bar near hotel with Parish Ghost in the Machine DIPA on draft.

Holy crap -- up there with Treehouse

Thankfully have a couple more nights here so will be coming back after the work day ends...
Parish is a very solid brewer. I was at World of Beer in Pensacola one night last year when they did a tap takeover. I got to try a half dozen of their brews and not one that wasn't great. Plus I got a free glass.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by BamaVol
Parish is a very solid brewer. I was at World of Beer in Pensacola one night last year when they did a tap takeover. I got to try a half dozen of their brews and not one that wasn't great. Plus I got a free glass.
How have I missed this? I go to New Orleans & Baton Rouge a couple times a year. Luckily, will be there in late February, so will have to check it out.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Followed up tonight with GB Jucifer. It was good but after having Parish last night clearly not in the same league.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Urban South Holy Roller Hazy Juicy IPA (pretty tasty)

but...

not as good as Parish Ghost of the Machine -- had 3 more of those since who knows when I'll be back in NOLA.

Wish I had found a beer store selling it, would've grabbed a couple to bring home
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
O'Dell 90 Shilling
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by BamaVol
Sweet Baby Jesus - chocolate peanut butter porter from Duclaw Brewing. Purchased at Chan’s Wine World, where I could have spent thousands of dollars on beer this afternoon had I been so inclined.
sorry to hear that with such a wide selection you ended up with the Sweet Baby Jesus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.