Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Metamodern Session IPA
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Added a Stone / Maine Brewing collaboration (Dayslayer IPL) - it was okay, kind of disappointing given how much I individually like their beers. Founders Sumatra Brown Ale is excellent, though - very strong coffee flavors, combined with bitter ale - great combo.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Sea dog Sunfish, an ale flavored with peach and Grapefruit. I taste one or the other depending on which side of my mouth I drink from.

It goes nicely with the jerk peach chicken sausages I threw in with the stir fry.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Layover IPA at DTW A38 SkyClub
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Foothills Jade IPA
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:54 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Added a Stone / Maine Brewing collaboration (Dayslayer IPL) - it was okay, kind of disappointing given how much I individually like their beers. Founders Sumatra Brown Ale is excellent, though - very strong coffee flavors, combined with bitter ale - great combo.
I saw this beer and was thinking about it and then forgot.

Finally drinking my Cascade Noyaux. Wow, totally unreal beer. Only 10x the cost of most beer.

Picking up a new sixtel from Manor Hill Brewery. Not sure which one, but hoping for Hidden Hopyard which is up there with Maine Lunch IMO.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Duke787
Metamodern Session IPA
That's a nice Austin brew from Oasis. It's probably my favorite of their beers.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Gull Beer from Iceland
Old Apr 29, 2017, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tried a Dirty Little Freak from Duclaw last night. Tasted more like coffee than any other beer I've tried. Kept me up half the night too.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 12:52 pm

allagash white!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Few different ones over the weekend:

Allagash White
Delirium Tremens (first time having in a can)
Knee Deep Galaxy on Fire IPA
Haw River Uvula Rasa Carolina Grisette
Mango Tango Foxtrot IPA
Old Apr 30, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Duke787
Few different ones over the weekend:

Allagash White
Delirium Tremens (first time having in a can)
Knee Deep Galaxy on Fire IPA
Haw River Uvula Rasa Carolina Grisette
Mango Tango Foxtrot IPA
Delirium in a can? I've never seen any of the Belgian beers come in anything other than bottles. Generally speaking, I have been seeing a lot more canned craft beers in the store; I imagine it's probably a combination of being environmentally conscious (cans are far less energy-intensive, IIRC), along with cans actually being cheaper.

Frankly, it's always more satisfying to snap back the top of the can to open it - and doesn't always require you to have a bottle opener handy.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Alley Kat Amber is a subtle amber that I've added to my 'main' beer list alongside Smithwick's as I gravitate to these types of beers rather than the IPA's. Just MHO.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I drank a wheat beer from Miami Brewing, it had an orange peel-ish flavor in the background, at the Craft Bar while Mrs. BamaVol fed the granddaughter. After we picked up my daughter, we headed for the Brass Tap where I had a Big Easy IPA from Abita and a Last Snow from Funky Buddha (still my all-time favorite beer). I talked my daughter into 2 Funky Buddha products; Millions of Peaches and More Moro, both of which she enjoyed. Already planning a return to the brewery in the fall.
Old May 1, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
I guess I'm simply irredeemable, unable to bring myself to like in of the "flavored" beers I've tried over the years, beginning decades ago with a German encounter with a modest beer flavored with raspberry syrup, and reaching its nadir when a neighbor ruined a BBQ by supplying the beer, Citrus-flavored Coors Light.

There's a tale behind my dislike. Almost 60 years ago, a college room mate and I attempted home-brewing. We had so many empties on the back porch that simply cried for filling! Somewhere, we went wrong. Even long dead rodents wouldn't overcome the sour beer reek in the closet which comprised our brewhouse, where a handful of exploding bottles promised to eat up our security deposit. Then my roomie read that flavoring the brew with orange peel might help cover the "off" taste of our product. It didn't, only imparting a citrusy twang to the undrinkable mess, resembling beer only in having bubbles.

Ever since, any exposure to flavored brews reminds me of my past sins, and a room mate mournfully departed this vale of tears. I think the our beer did it, a long-acting slow poison aggravated by his years of daily consumption of Shiner, the old stuff of memory, and the recent examples, including strawberry and grapefruit, deadly and damnable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.