Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2016, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by BamaVol
We were sitting at the bar at The Brass Tap yesterday and got into conversation with the couple next to us. He was drinking I think Samuel Smith Chocolate Stout and a strawberry beer from the same brewer. And mixing them in the same glass. He gave me a taste and it was like a liquid PB&J.
In the summertime I occasionally mix Leinenkugel Honey Weiss and Berry Weiss 50/50. I don't really care for either one individually, but the mix is pretty tasty.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by scootr5
I like a lot of Tj stuff, but there's something about beer and wine from them that makes me shudder.
10 years ago, they used to sell some oddball European beers like Ekstra from Lithuania, Zywiec, and Wittekerke for cheap. Now it's mostly their private label stuff that's best suited for pouring down the drain. It's particularly annoying because they sell it under at least 5 different 'brands', but the small print at the back says "brewed by Whateverthehell Brewing Co, Monroe, WI" which is all the same brewery in Monroe that does its best to embarrass Wisconsin.

I've had good luck with their wine, though--while there is some crap on their shelves, if I buy 4 random bottles of red usually 3 of them are pretty good considering the price.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by scootr5
In the summertime I occasionally mix Leinenkugel Honey Weiss and Berry Weiss 50/50. I don't really care for either one individually, but the mix is pretty tasty.
I know I've mentioned it before in this thread, but another great summertime drink is mixing Guinness with a cider (I'm partial to pear ciders, but apple is just as good).
Old Oct 12, 2016, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
I know I've mentioned it before in this thread, but another great summertime drink is mixing Guinness with a cider (I'm partial to pear ciders, but apple is just as good).
Summer's over. It was 32 F when I got up this AM. What do you have for Fall?

I'm partial to Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest. It's a little lighter & hoppier than most "fest" beers.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by philemer
Summer's over. It was 32 F when I got up this AM. What do you have for Fall?

I'm partial to Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest. It's a little lighter & hoppier than most "fest" beers.
I've developed a taste for darker beers year-round. My current favorites are Judge Roy Bean Stout from Fairhope Brewing in Alabama and Old Leghumper Porter from Thirsty Dog Brewing in Akron. Both are brewed with coffee and have a slight caffeine jolt that encourages me to stay awake for just one more.

And FYI, summer is barely past. Yes, it was in the 60's here this morning but I can still tolerate that. I won't hibernate until we see the 40's overnight or fail to rise above 60 by noon. You need to move south, brother.

Last edited by BamaVol; Oct 13, 2016 at 7:06 am
Old Oct 12, 2016, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Victory Festbier.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We went out for "just one" last night and the bar was down to the last 3 cans of Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin. Mrs. BV is headed out of town for the next 4-5 days so I'll be out on the town - good to know I can't go back to Little Village unless I want to drink something else.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 8:13 pm

Enjoyed a RubberSoul Paceline Session IPA tonight at dinner. Very enjoyable for a session IPA.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Pabst Blue Ribbon. Tomorrow I leave for Carlsberg land (CPH) so will sample the local beers. Life is good. ^
Old Oct 13, 2016, 11:36 pm

Programs: EY Gold, QF WP
Paulaner Oktoberfest 1L cans
Paulaner Munchner Hell
Franziskaner
Pure Blond Premium Lager
Boags Premium

Who said you can't drink in the Middle East
Old Oct 14, 2016, 4:13 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm cat sitting for some friends this weekend, one works at a beer store so this is my payment:

Old Oct 14, 2016, 6:51 pm

Port City Monumental IPA
Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

4 pack Southern Tier Cherry Gose
4 pack Innis & Gunn Rum Cask Aged
4 pack Sonoma Pitchfork Pear Cider
6 pack Orange Blossom Brewing Toasted Coconut Porter
Old Oct 16, 2016, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Reloaded!

-Ommegang GoT Valar Dohaeris Tripel - I'm really excited about this one, as the dubbel (Valar Morghulis) was by far the best GoT beer I've had so far. However, they seem to have made far less of this than any of the GoT-themed beers dating back to the original Iron Throne ale 3-4 years ago. It wasn't even in the beer section of the local Whole Foods, just a small 3-high display in the main store. Grabbed four...will enjoy 2 on the next season's commencement and generously age the others (I have an entire set of GoT-themed beers on original run aging in the fridge and wine cellar)

-Stone Xocoveza - not a milk stout guy at all, but this is spiced up like Mexican chocolate (as the name may suggest). Digging it.

-Boulevard Brewing - The Sixth Glass Quadrupel - have enjoyed their beers generally, but quadrupels tend to be pretty mean...looking forward to trying one later tonight or on Wednesday
Old Oct 16, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Tons of La Croix and a sole can of Budweiser

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.