Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What beer, ale, or similar are you drinking?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2016, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Shut up and take my money!
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Some misc. cans of Pabst Blue Ribbons and a case of Mill Street Stock Ale bottles.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 7:54 am

Before going to work this morning, this is what I spied in my fridge.

Waiting for the Wife to get back from visiting her folks in Germany with some good German brew.
  1. Deep Ellum Brewing Company IPA
  2. Bottle of Chimay
  3. Kirkland Signature Craft Beer (aka Costco)
  4. Due South Cat 3 IPA
  5. Due South Caramel Cream Ale
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
A six pack of Red Brick Hoplanta IPA and a six pack of Fat Tire. Two bottles of Grayton 30A Beach Blonde. The last bottle from an Innis & Gunn variety 4 pack.

I meant to add a sixpack of Coors Original Banquet. It was the East Coast Holy Grail back when I was in college and I once drove two thousand miles round trip to fill my buddy's trunk with about a dozen cases. I drink it about every 5 years to remember times passed.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:26 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by BamaVol
A six pack of Red Brick Hoplanta IPA and a six pack of Fat Tire. Two bottles of Grayton 30A Beach Blonde. The last bottle from an Innis & Gunn variety 4 pack.

I meant to add a sixpack of Coors Original Banquet. It was the East Coast Holy Grail back when I was in college and I once drove two thousand miles round trip to fill my buddy's trunk with about a dozen cases. I drink it about every 5 years to remember times passed.
How's the Red Brick Hoplanta?

Coors Original Banquet? Wow...
Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kipper

I had to buy a second six of the Red Brick. My son-in-law drank the whole first one before I could try it. In fairness, I bought it to keep him out of my beer closet, but I was hoping to get at least a can.

Yeah, original Coors. It might be headed for extinction. Coors Light is so incredibly banal, I can't believe how many people drink the stuff. Original Coors has at least some flavor, however subtle. It's funny but when I lived out there (Denver) in the mid 70's, most locals would drink anything but Coors. Olympia seemed most popular among my friends and coworkers.

We were in an East Tennessee British pub a few years back and the Coors Light tap was labeled "Irish Piss".
Old Jan 18, 2016, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
All those spinning beers and not a single one worth drinking! It really is surprising if it doesn't create foam.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 6:08 pm

I had to buy a second six of the Red Brick. My son-in-law drank the whole first one before I could try it. In fairness, I bought it to keep him out of my beer closet, but I was hoping to get at least a can.

Yeah, original Coors. It might be headed for extinction. Coors Light is so incredibly banal, I can't believe how many people drink the stuff. Original Coors has at least some flavor, however subtle. It's funny but when I lived out there (Denver) in the mid 70's, most locals would drink anything but Coors. Olympia seemed most popular among my friends and coworkers.

We were in an East Tennessee British pub a few years back and the Coors Light tap was labeled "Irish Piss".
LOL!

Olympia?

I love the tap label!
Old Jan 19, 2016, 7:10 am

A 12 pack of Troegs Nugget Nectar, thanks to an FTer.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got into a can of the Hoplanta last night and liked it. Very hoppy. Golden color, short head. Bitter without much citrus flavor. I'd be curious to know what hops were used. I'll be buying this one again.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:12 am

I got into a can of the Hoplanta last night and liked it. Very hoppy. Golden color, short head. Bitter without much citrus flavor. I'd be curious to know what hops were used. I'll be buying this one again.
Perhaps I should give you my FedEx account number to send some to me?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Picked up two bottles of Elevation Beer Co. Oil Man to ring in the New Year. Delicious.
Inventory is dwindling across the Front Range. I am now in hoarding mode.

Beer guy said this seasonal release (Elevation Montanya) should be soon. Can't wait.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 5:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
A 12 pack of Troegs Nugget Nectar, thanks to an FTer.
A fine choice - Troegs makes very good beer, and Nugget Nectar is one of my favorites from them.

I managed to buy beer in SBA after security check (who knew?), so I ended up bringing a large bottle of Hoppy Poppy IPA back on the plane without needing to check a back. Very drinkable IPA - I would say it is a 'laid-back' beer, very much in spirit with this part of California's Pacific Coast ^
Old Jan 19, 2016, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
A fine choice - Troegs makes very good beer, and Nugget Nectar is one of my favorites from them.

I managed to buy beer in SBA after security check (who knew?), so I ended up bringing a large bottle of Hoppy Poppy IPA back on the plane without needing to check a back. Very drinkable IPA - I would say it is a 'laid-back' beer, very much in spirit with this part of California's Pacific Coast ^
Troegs isn't too far from us, and we enjoy a lot of their beers.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37

I second this sentiment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.