Reload this Page >

McDonald's Menu Items from Around the World

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

McDonald's Menu Items from Around the World

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:08 pm

I'm officially taking the McRib off my to-do list based on this. Pig heart and scalded stomach? McGross.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:21 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Originally Posted by 767-322ETOPS
I'm officially taking the McRib off my to-do list based on this. Pig heart and scalded stomach? McGross.
Eh...most of that stuff is eaten throughout the world in various forms...it's funny though how an American would go somewhere like Mexico and see pig stomach and go "ewwww" but when the McRib comes back there are lines out of the door
Old Oct 31, 2011, 9:28 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by 767-322ETOPS
McRib is awful.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
Eh...most of that stuff is eaten throughout the world in various forms...it's funny though how an American would go somewhere like Mexico and see pig stomach and go "ewwww" but when the McRib comes back there are lines out of the door
Originally Posted by jake66
McRib is awful.
I don't eat McRib often, but when I do, its actually quite good..

Its not really rib, but pork I think minced into a rib looking patty..

I wonder what's really in it?
Old Nov 5, 2011, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by jake66
McRib is awful.
McRib is delicious. More mashed-up and heavily salted pig heart meat and stomach lining, please. Come on, if a Michelin-starred chef were whipping that stuff up for you and charging $200 for it, you'd be calling it the best meal ever.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 1:24 am

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
The Simpsons take on the "Rib" summed it up...
"Like a rib, it tastes like liberty. Like a rib, with a bun of sesame. We start with authentic, letter-graded meat, and process the hell out of it, till it's good enough for Krusty."
Old Nov 5, 2011, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
They have a mango, soft serve, sprite frozen sprizter thing in China. it is odd, and a bit tasty. I was stuck at the PEK airport next to a McD and got one because 4 hours with nothing, is too long.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Steph3n
They have a mango, soft serve, sprite frozen sprizter thing in China. it is odd, and a bit tasty. I was stuck at the PEK airport next to a McD and got one because 4 hours with nothing, is too long.
I tried that a few weeks back in Shanghai and I threw it away after a few sips. It just tasted unbelievably artificial.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SirJman
I tried that a few weeks back in Shanghai and I threw it away after a few sips. It just tasted unbelievably artificial.
hum, mine actually had mango puree in it, it was not syrup. The soft serve was very sweet however. Or maybe I was just hungry and thirsty and ignored taste that day!
Old Nov 5, 2011, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BearX220
McRib is delicious. More mashed-up and heavily salted pig heart meat and stomach lining, please. Come on, if a Michelin-starred chef were whipping that stuff up for you and charging $200 for it, you'd be calling it the best meal ever.

Does McD's have Bubble Tea in China?
Old Nov 6, 2011, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Does McD's have Bubble Tea in China?
If they did, why would you pay 6x more for a subpar product when you could get the real deal for less than $0.40 anywhere on the street?!

i had quite a few bubble teas, and even a bubble iced coffee, and enjoyed MOST of them.

One variety doesn't have the same bubbles, but coconut flavored tapioca strips, and it was actually my favorite.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 2:25 pm
Suspended

If they did, why would you pay 6x more for a subpar product when you could get the real deal for less than $0.40 anywhere on the street?!

i had quite a few bubble teas, and even a bubble iced coffee, and enjoyed MOST of them.

One variety doesn't have the same bubbles, but coconut flavored tapioca strips, and it was actually my favorite.
Wish it was the price here in Calgary.. $0.40 must mean $4 in China (pun)..

Is the prices of McDonalds, adjusted for the cultural economy? I imagine, its still a treat for the Chinese to go and experience McDonalds in China..
Old Nov 6, 2011, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Wish it was the price here in Calgary.. $0.40 must mean $4 in China (pun)..

Is the prices of McDonalds, adjusted for the cultural economy? I imagine, its still a treat for the Chinese to go and experience McDonalds in China..
No,not adjusted, Mcdonalds is expensive, KFC is more adjusted, but still costly.

Pizza hut is fork, spoon, reservations FINE DINING! Yes, seriously it is.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Anybody ever try the Tuna Pie in Thailand?

Although we have a policy of never, EVER eating at McDonald's, one of my daughters and I share an odd fascination with the various localized offerings we see. This was our personal favorite, and one of the only ones we've actually been tempted to try out, simply to see if it was anywhere near as vile as it sounds/looks:

~mrs
Old Nov 6, 2011, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by mr&mrs
Although we have a policy of never, EVER eating at McDonald's, one of my daughters and I share an odd fascination with the various localized offerings we see. This was our personal favorite, and one of the only ones we've actually been tempted to try out, simply to see if it was anywhere near as vile as it sounds/looks:

~mrs
Yes, but it was about 1/3 smaller than a regular pie. Just enough for 2 bites, and after the first, I couldn't continue with the second. (Its the item on the left)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.