FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diners Club | Club Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diners-club-club-rewards-414/)
-   -   Early Returns on BMO Takeover: Utter Disaster (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diners-club-club-rewards/1281709-early-returns-bmo-takeover-utter-disaster.html)

squeakr Dec 9, 2011 1:41 pm

if you need a corporate phone # for higher level complaints/customer service

beyond the issues noted here

PM Me.

MoJ0 Dec 12, 2011 11:39 am

One has to wonder if the original 1950s era systems of pencils, ledgers, telephones, checks, and carbon paper were in fact better than this mess.

I still don't understand why BMO didn't just have M&I / Harris take over the accounts and migrate them into the existing M&I platform. Or have a company like TSYS or First Data manage it.

Unless the ultimate goal is to drive off the "professional" card portfolio and just keep Diners Club as a corporate payment & t&e product.

If so, this is certainly a great way to start.

squeakr Dec 12, 2011 12:53 pm

Escalate to BMO Corporate Customer Service

I've gotten permission to post some info

1. Corporate Customer RELATIONS - Wendy Velasquez, 289 305 5895
their phone system is broken (!) so once the voiceprompt comes on, press 1 for directory and spell out: Velasquez

2. Her supervisor who I have had extended conversations with:

Gigi Gonyea: gigi.gonyea at bmo.com
289 305 5131

[Moderator edit: squeakr reports that as of 12.14.2011 Skeka James in no longer able to assist with individual problems]

3. For Club Rewards Issues, and issues that Wendy can't resolve -= -
Sheka James: sheka.james at bmo.com

peersteve Dec 13, 2011 8:20 pm

On the dinersclubus.com website, when you sign-in, there's now a pop-up note which says.....

DC identified issues for accounts for the period Nov 8-Dec 2
Impacts both paper on online statements
In Dec 2011 and Jan 2012, DC will credit "all account deliquency and late fees incurred"
Apologies, etc.

mia Dec 14, 2011 7:11 am

Originally Posted by peersteve (Post 17622287)
On the dinersclubus.com website, when you sign-in, there's now a pop-up note which says.....

Note specifically refers to "corporate" accounts, and also says that if you are able to view your statement online you are not impacted

Robt760 Dec 16, 2011 1:36 pm

Wow, what a clusterfudge of a deal DC is now!

A payment I mailed in is not shown on the online statement, but after calling in, it is posted, but not reflected in balance or anything. Electronic payment made is posted on line, but agent does not show it in their system.

I asked for the name and address of the Operations Manager, but my request was declined by the rep.

Other oddities: I've been notified that I have a credit line of $20k. Alot of good that does on a charge card when you have to pay the full balance within the statement period.

It's understandable that there are rough spots in transitions within companies, but the number of problems I've seen and experienced, and the overall arrogant attitude that comes across, makes me want to write a letter to every address I can find for DC, Harris, BMO, etc to express my dissatisfaction.

It seems they are either truly fouled up and just can't pull their pants up and get back on track, or they're gaming the card members to entice us to cancel accounts. What a way to run a business!!

I won't make threats, as that's fairly childish, but I will say I'm not inclined to use this card or renew.

mia Dec 16, 2011 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Robt760 (Post 17640430)
I asked for the name and address...

Try here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diner...r-service.html

chfenton Dec 25, 2011 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Robt760 (Post 17640430)
Wow, what a clusterfudge of a deal DC is now!

Other oddities: I've been notified that I have a credit line of $20k. Alot of good that does on a charge card when you have to pay the full balance within the statement period.

I.

Isn't the point of the credit line to inform you of the maximum you can have in billed and unbilled charges; in other words your max exposure to them at any time. The fact that you have to pay every month is irrelevant as many people might spend more than their credit limit allows. I too have a 20k limit and as someone who spends about 10k a month on the card I have to pay the bill well before the due date to make sure I don't bump up against my limit.

MoJ0 Jan 1, 2012 1:00 pm

Maybe getting better?

Only 7 minutes on hold last time... Agent had answers, seemed to understand things were really bad and very apologetic.

Rewards Xserve to DL on 12/30 went without a hitch, also with a great agent.

Hopefully BMO is going to be on a path of continuous improvement?

Cheers, mj

ohmark Jan 1, 2012 9:49 pm

Couldn't get worse

Probably, because it would be almost impossible to get much worse. In the history of credit cards, has the performance of any bank been quite so abysmal as BMO's totally incompetent administration of Diners?

sdsearch Jan 2, 2012 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by ohmark (Post 17729032)
In the history of credit cards, has the performance of any bank been quite so abysmal as BMO's totally incompetent administration of Diners?

Well, keep mind that this happened at a changeover of ownership of a card program. How often does that happen? (And, furthermore, how often to something that's nominally a charge card with its own points program? The last time Diners Club US changed hands, there was no world wide web on which to discuss it yet!)

I can certainly think of other credit cards that have had horrid customer service in the past (without ownership changes necessarily), but that was more spread out over time. It's still a bit early to do a long-term verdict for BMO.

TheCount2 Jan 3, 2012 10:16 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch (Post 17733582)
Well, keep mind that this happened at a changeover of ownership of a card program. How often does that happen? (And, furthermore, how often to something that's nominally a charge card with its own points program? The last time Diners Club US changed hands, there was no world wide web on which to discuss it yet!)

I can certainly think of other credit cards that have had horrid customer service in the past (without ownership changes necessarily), but that was more spread out over time. It's still a bit early to do a long-term verdict for BMO.

As of this morning, I still have no online access to any transaction past my November 10, 2011 statement, and no online access to my Club Rewards account.

The only improvement I see is that someone at HQ has told me they are looking into the issues.

JLSocks Apr 5, 2012 9:42 am

Logged on to my account today to make my payment, and the website keeps erroring out not allowing me to make a payment. So, I try and call DC twice, go through the littany of automated questions/prompts to ask to speak to an agent, and then get told there is no one to answer the call and it hangs up.

WTH?? :mad:

I never thought that service could decline from Citi, but I was apparently, grossly mistaken. This lack of service/care and a functioning website is making it very difficult for me to justify keeping this card any longer.

mia Apr 5, 2012 11:36 am

I was able to pay yesterday, but I had to re-enter our bank account details which should have been stored. Hard to understand that aspect because it appears they are using the same payment processing intermediary that Citi had used.

RDUpax Apr 7, 2012 9:10 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 18341128)
... I had to re-enter our bank account details which should have been stored.

Me too and this is not the first time to have to re-enter stored data. Are they completely clueless?
John