FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diners Club | Club Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diners-club-club-rewards-414/)
-   -   Early Returns on BMO Takeover: Utter Disaster (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diners-club-club-rewards/1281709-early-returns-bmo-takeover-utter-disaster.html)

JIMCHI Nov 1, 2011 9:57 pm

Early Returns on BMO Takeover: Utter Disaster

I tried to use my card in a restaurant this evening and to my embarrassment it was declined. I called DC Customer Service and the agent said it was declined because my card hadn't been activated. I told him my card is good for 3 more months and I've had the current card for at least several years and have made hundreds of charges to it. I asked if there is some record of a new card having been sent recently and he said "no".

I asked to be transferred to a supervisor who told me the card`was declined because of a glitch in the transition between Citibank and the new bank. She said new cards are being issued and that Citibank accidentally put a lock on the old cards. They thought they had fixed the glitch earlier today, but as my reject happened only about 30 minutes ago, obviously the glitch has not been corrected.

Just a warning- be sure to carry another card just in case there are further problems during this transition. My other card- an AMEX - was not accepted by this particular restaurant and fortunately my wife had a MC we could use.

ILuvParis Nov 1, 2011 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI (Post 17375735)
I tried to use my card in a restaurant this evening and to my embarrassment it was declined.

Interesting. I used my card several times today, including at a restaurant this evening.

Orange County Commuter Nov 4, 2011 7:10 am

They can't even take a payment?

Sad how far customer service has fallen with this card. Called today to make a payment since I can't remember my password to do it online and waited too late for my bank...

"We can't do anything on these accounts, you have to call Monday" And that was AFTER a 10 minute wait.

There's a reason all they get are the car rental charges now!

mia Nov 4, 2011 7:34 am

This is the transition from Citibank to Harris Bank staff. I don't think we can attribute any significance to the disruption.

chfenton Nov 4, 2011 7:35 am

See other threads

I think if you have been following some of the traffic, there is a huge computer upgrade this weekend and to be fair we were warned of months ago. Im sure it is affecting all aspects of computer payments whether online or over the phone.

FLYMSY Nov 7, 2011 8:29 am

Tried to make a payment online and via phone this morning. No luck with either method.

SirWilliam Nov 7, 2011 8:46 am

I called this morning and the system is all new but it said they were experiencing technical difficulties after I put in my card number and the system hung up on me.

garkster Nov 7, 2011 9:56 am

A Huge Upgrade is No Excuse

The website thinks the account # is invalid in one context, but not another...that is not good.

Current call wait time is in excess of 20 minutes, they probably have no idea how long it is. :confused:

This transition can't be anything in size and scope approaching when Wells Fargo absorbed Wachovia here in California, and from this consumer's perspective that went without a hitch.

I'll see how this pans out, but now that others offer primary CDW coverage, will definitely consider other options.

SirWilliam Nov 7, 2011 5:54 pm

I tried again to call in today and I had waited an hour before I had to go to a meeting.

SirWilliam Nov 7, 2011 10:41 pm

Just called and got my annual fee waived + 500 points ^

Drummer Nov 8, 2011 11:21 am

Originally Posted by SirWilliam (Post 17410521)
Just called and got my annual fee waived + 500 points ^

What phone number did you use?

sdsearch Nov 8, 2011 2:30 pm

statement not issued as scheduled?

My statement was supposed to close on Nov 7. Well, the website is still showing the last statement as Oct 7, so I called 1-800-2DINERS. They say (in the recorded greeting) that the website is having issues and that's they're working on it. Fine, I can understand that. So I go in an listen to my statement info over the phone, and it too still giving my Oct 7 statement information, implying that the statement didn't close on Nov 7 as scheduled! I pressed 0 but it told me the agent wait time is over 20 minutes, and so I hung for now.

sdsearch Nov 8, 2011 2:39 pm

Besides not being able to take a payment, they may also not be able to issue statements. As I just posted in the other thread, my statement was supposed to be issued on Nov 7, but it's now Nov 8 and both the website and the phone system are still giving me Oct statement information as if no November statement has issued yet.

SirWilliam Nov 8, 2011 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Drummer (Post 17413509)
What phone number did you use?

800.2.DINERS

I just talked to the regular representative, told her I wanted to cancel the card and she asked if there was anything that they could do to retain my business and I asked for the annual fee to be refunded.

I did not have to be transferred to a retention department or anything.

ILuvParis Nov 8, 2011 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI (Post 17375735)
I tried to use my card in a restaurant this evening and to my embarrassment it was declined. I called DC Customer Service and the agent said it was declined because my card hadn't been activated. I told him my card is good for 3 more months and I've had the current card for at least several years and have made hundreds of charges to it. I asked if there is some record of a new card having been sent recently and he said "no".

I asked to be transferred to a supervisor who told me the card`was declined because of a glitch in the transition between Citibank and the new bank. She said new cards are being issued and that Citibank accidentally put a lock on the old cards. They thought they had fixed the glitch earlier today, but as my reject happened only about 30 minutes ago, obviously the glitch has not been corrected.

Just a warning- be sure to carry another card just in case there are further problems during this transition. My other card- an AMEX - was not accepted by this particular restaurant and fortunately my wife had a MC we could use.

It happened to me this evening. I called, but I didn't feel like waiting 20 minutes on hold.