FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diners Club | Club Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diners-club-club-rewards-414/)
-   -   Early Returns on BMO Takeover: Utter Disaster (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/diners-club-club-rewards/1281709-early-returns-bmo-takeover-utter-disaster.html)

jiburi Nov 8, 2011 7:56 pm

Payment posting not yet posting

Payment I made from my bank online on 11/1 still has not posted at my statement close date 11/7. The phone system still doesn't indicate it either...... and I don't want to wait 20 minutes hold time to clarify this. Ugh on the change over....

After further investigation, my online payment I make to previously citibank somehow converted to a check rather than electronic, and sent snail mail to Nevada address. So did Citibank essentially deny all electronic payment....or is this just a single issue?! Jiburi

ILuvParis Nov 9, 2011 9:24 am

I called Diners Club today to find out why my card was rejected at a restaurant last evening. I was on hold for over an hour before I got the bright idea to use another phone and call again and be on hold on two phones. The second call was answered immediately. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was informed that I was over my credit limit. I didn't know I had a credit limit. Allegedly, I was sent a letter a few weeks ago informing me of my new credit limit. I never received it. (Interestingly, a few weeks before that, I was told I could charge up to 2 1/2 times the amount of the new credit limit that I was just made aware of.)

Very annoying. :mad:

mia Nov 9, 2011 10:08 am

Originally Posted by ILuvParis (Post 17419306)
... Allegedly, I was sent a letter a few weeks ago informing me of my new credit limit.

I have not seen any notice for either my account or Ms mia's account. Is the credit limit similar to your previous Club Plus limit?

ILuvParis Nov 9, 2011 10:14 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 17419664)
I have not seen any notice for either my account or Ms mia's account. Is the credit limit similar to your previous Club Plus limit?

My previous Club Plus limit was $10,000. However, I called DC about 6 weeks ago when I was making a large purchase (the points from which I wanted to eventually transfer to AA) and I wanted to make sure the purchase wouldn't be declined. They told me I could spend up to $12,000 without worry. My new credit limit that I was advised of this a.m. is $5,000.

Kixo Nov 9, 2011 1:06 pm

The website account management functions were supposed to be up at 2 pm EST today. That has been delayed to 4 pm EST. The CSR said Diners will process payments via Western Union with no charge until website issues are fixed.

DivMiler Nov 9, 2011 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by jiburi (Post 17416456)
Payment I made from my bank online on 11/1 still has not posted at my statement close date 11/7. The phone system still doesn't indicate it either...... and I don't want to wait 20 minutes hold time to clarify this. Ugh on the change over.... Jiburi

On the other hand, a payment from my credit union to Diners Club sent on November 2, 2011 was credited and showed up on my credit union account on November 3, with no problems.

The payment was originated from the old Diners Club site, not initiated by on my credit union website.

mia Nov 9, 2011 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by Kixo (Post 17420922)
The website account management functions were supposed to be up at 2 pm EST today. That has been delayed to 4 pm EST.

Now delayed until 8:00 AM EST Thursday (I assume).

ILuvParis Nov 9, 2011 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 17421579)

I wonder if the voice mail message still suggests that the caller should log on to the website to avoid the wait in excess of 20 minutes. :D

sdsearch Nov 9, 2011 3:53 pm

In the website outage, I'm "trying out" the online automated info, and don't find it horrendously useful. Among the things it can't do:

It can't tell me when my statement closed (only my next due date).

Now that my statement just closed (but I still don't know if on time or a day late) it can't tell me any "recent" transactions, because it presumably fetches only "transactions since last statement" (as the website divides them) when you ask for "recent transacations".

(I seem to recall that other banks are able to tell you recent transactions over the automated phone independent of which side of a statement closing they are, but I can't recall offhand which banks, because I do this very rarely now that I can usually do it online.)

Ugh!

However, it did tell me my credit available, and in my case it's plenty enough.

sdsearch Nov 10, 2011 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 17421579)

Earlier today I was able to log in (with my existing Professional, not Corporate, account log in), but am still getting recent transactions as of Nov 7, not the statement which processed since.

Now, when I log in, there's a confusingly worded message that seems to say they know my data on the website is only current to Nov 7 (with an OK/Cancel).

Yikes, I guess I have to wait for the physical statement in the mail to see anything.

It's a good thing I get that sent to my home, and I won't be traveling overseas until after it should arrive in the mail. (I know there are some people here that get it sent to a third party, so without the DC website working, they may have a much longer wait until they can see their statement!)

But I'll still be overseas on my next due date (3 Dec) so they better have this fixed at least by then! (I can't afford to pay my DC bill over the phone before I leave, I have to wait until after a direct deposit posts to my bank account in the middle of my trip.)

mia Nov 10, 2011 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Kixo (Post 17420922)
... Diners will process payments via Western Union with no charge until website issues are fixed.

This seems to refer to the same Speedpay system that Citi used for Diners Club accounts. I just logged into my account and started the payment process. It looks exactly the same as before, but the saved bank account data is gone.

Kixo Nov 12, 2011 1:31 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 17427730)
This seems to refer to the same Speedpay system that Citi used for Diners Club accounts. I just logged into my account and started the payment process. It looks exactly the same as before, but the saved bank account data is gone.

Sorry, to be clear, they will take your routing # and account # over the phone and process via Western Union at no charge while the web site was down. It's usually a $14.95 fee.

sdsearch Nov 12, 2011 9:56 am

From the November InsideFlyer magazine:
The [relaunched Diners Club] website promises to be more customer friendly featuring more account activity detail along with an online status of redemption orders. More awards will be offered including prepackaged vacations and cruises, along with experiential awrard [and] monthly featured awards as well as limited-time offers highlighted on the home page. Also new will be a self-tavel tooll [where] you can choose to pay [...] with points, some points, or with a charge to your Diners Club card.
So, my question is: Is the "more account acitivity detail" on the card itself, or only on the Club Rewards points account?

Ie, I'm wondering if we're stuck in November 7 "groundhog day" on our card info because they're trying to bring up the card pages in a new format but having problems, and the last pages they did in the old format was November 7?

pxm Nov 15, 2011 8:39 pm

I received my new chip and pin card yesterday. I lost my card last week and called Diners Club for a replacement and I was surprised to see that my new card is a chip and pin card - looks very nice. I do want to comment, however, on the new customer service: Whereas Citi provided excellent customer service, it appears that BMO does not. I had a problem activating the card and when I tried getting customer service on the line, I was placed on hold in a queue for over 20 minutes, and eventually the system hung up on me - this does not bode well!

sdsearch Nov 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by pxm (Post 17457826)
Whereas Citi provided excellent customer service, it appears that BMO does not. I had a problem activating the card and when I tried getting customer service on the line, I was placed on hold in a queue for over 20 minutes, and eventually the system hung up on me - this does not bode well!

Well, did you ever try calling DC during the Citi days during a time that their website had been hardly working for almost two weeks?

In case you aren't aware, they're still not able to show transcations since Nov 8 on the website as of right now (despite a promise that they'd have transactions through Nov 11 showing by yesterday). The only way to see transactions since Nov 8 is to click on Club Rewards, then on activity, and then you'll see the dollar amounts (but not the merchant names!) of recent postings to your account. (That's a by-product of the fact that the Club Rewards page now shows you your Club Rewards earnings as soon as they post, not just once a month as previously.)

With the website this badly broken, they're overwhelmed with calls. So this would not necessarily be a good week (month?) in which to evaluate BMO's typical Diners customer service phone response time.