Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Medallion Qualification Miles Gift: 5,000, 10,000 or 15,000 MQMs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion Qualification Miles Gift: 5,000, 10,000 or 15,000 MQMs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by davakkar
Agreed. Sounds like they're leveling the playing field before announcing the new tiers and qualifications. Perhaps those with low YTD MQMs get 10K, those with "medium" YTD MQMs get 5K, and those with "a lot" of YTD MQMs get none? That'd drive folks who weren't flying a lot before to think that the new tiers are achievable before year-end...

Back in 3Q2005 when HP was finalizing the acquisition of US, US offered some great requalification or up-tier bonuses for current US elites so they had as many elites as possible on the books - in theory to make the deal a little sweeter for HP. That, and immediately thereafter they created the fourth Platinum Preferred tier below Chairman's Preferred - so I'm sure there was some customer satisfaction in play.

Perhaps they're doing the same with the NW folks - make the deal a little sweeter - and realized they can't do it just for NW and had to cover the existing DL elites as well?
Interesting thought but I would believe that we'd see more plats getting the bonus then versus FO's etc...
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by WBurcham
I'd have to call some BS on this. My mother, who got 10K, is a first time elite (on any airline) and she hit it this year because of the Double MQM promo (did 1 BE RT to South America and one F round trip to the West Coast). Lifetime MQM's for her = 130K.

My father got a rock. His SM # starts with 100. 3-5 years of Silver/Gold/Plat and then retired a while ago. Lifetime MQM's = 330K

I got a rock as well. 3rd year plat. 350K MQM's lifetime, 135K this year.

Partner got a rock. 1st year as a silver, 50K MQM's lifetime. 16K (15 segments) this year. Likely will not requalify himself, will get gold from my 150K gift.
Call BS all you want - I'm a Plat and I called Delta Special Member Services - She pulled up the info and read it to me direct. Don't believe me - CALL THEN!!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
waiting for the other shoe to drop. . . .
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:42 pm

Programs: Delta PM
yeah there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason. I'm PM, currently at 60,000 MQM on the year, hold both platinum amex and reserve amex, and got a rock :-(
although, my "employee appreciation" coupons took a couple of extra days to reach me out here in SLC by snail mail. I will cross my fingers that maybe the electronic system is slower to get out here too
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:43 pm
jrd

Programs: DL:DM HH:Gold MR:Silver
5k here - have no clue why - but thanks much DL. Upto 96k MQM, but what is the use without 4th tier.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:46 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Diamond Hilton Honors
For those of you have received nothing yet, mine just popped up into my account about 1-2 hours ago so apparently there are still posting....
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by wspfan
Call BS all you want - I'm a Plat and I called Delta Special Member Services - She pulled up the info and read it to me direct. Don't believe me - CALL THEN!!
Did she magically come up with the promo code? Didn't realize that agents could find the full details of the promo without it (or that they could easily find them).

What my post was meant to illustrate is that the one person in my immediate family who got the bonus is of the least commercial value (past, present and future) of all of us...
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
10K for me, GM, Delta Reserve, who was at 61,550
10K for friend, PM, Delta Reserve and Plat, who was at 27,000
10K for brother, FO, Amex Plat, who was at 0
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:51 pm

Here's another thought, did anyone who received this also receive the 5K or 10K/flight (max 10) promo?
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:51 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Plat
wow...10K for me...thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Here's another thought, did anyone who received this also receive the 5K or 10K/flight (max 10) promo?
Nada for me on that promo...
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I got zilch but I really can't complain too much. Having gotten 27957 MQMs (and FO status) for one LUT itinerary during the Triple promo, I am already way ahead of the game.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:02 pm

Did she magically come up with the promo code? Didn't realize that agents could find the full details of the promo without it (or that they could easily find them).

What my post was meant to illustrate is that the one person in my immediate family who got the bonus is of the least commercial value (past, present and future) of all of us...
I agree with you and what you are saying. All i did was call and give her the code and she started to read. CRAZY STUFF
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA Prem, DL Plat, CO Plat, Torrid Diva,Rascal House (free cookies!), TWA Ambassador 183506503
I got zippo. Of course I am a two time NW Plat, and credit only to them.

This is odd on another front because if they are giving 10k eqm to an frequent flier who already has 66k or so on nw..whats the use?.are they going to combine eqm for next year? so my 66 nw and my 10 dl make me a delta platinum? for 2010-11?
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by wbelovitz
For those of you have received nothing yet, mine just popped up into my account about 1-2 hours ago so apparently there are still posting....
Yep, just popped up for me after a few hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.