Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Medallion Qualification Miles Gift: 5,000, 10,000 or 15,000 MQMs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion Qualification Miles Gift: 5,000, 10,000 or 15,000 MQMs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2009, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
10K here. I've been Plt. for every year (except 1) since they've had PLT and was a "Royal" before that. DL PLT Amex. Already at 85,000 MQM this year, this pushes me to 95,000.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 8:54 pm

Programs: Delta PM 1MM™, Alaska MVPG75K, Marriott LTTE, United SE, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by photo_guy
Interesting. I got 10K MQM as well.

Not sure why they are giving them and the posts so far don't suggest a pattern.

I do note that it is labeled "9M GIFT MQM 10" and that "9M" is the same as the code used for the 'Up to triple" promotion that posted recently (9M UP TO TRPL).

Did those that did not get the 10K MQM also not fly during the "up to triple" promotion?
I can't confirm this, but I think the "9M" just has to do with the year - and perhaps something else (M=Medallion?)

I have an entry for 9M DL.COM BK for 500 miles, which I presume is for booking tickets online - so I don't think it's specifically related to the UP TO TRPL promotion
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond in 2010, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by Kahuna
5k MQM's into my account today for 9M GIFT MQM 5.

A colleague received 10k MQM's for 9M GIFT MQM 10. He has accumulates less YTD MQM's than me and purchased fewer premium tickets. However, he has the Amex Reserve Card and I only have the Amex Platinum card.

Bizarre, wish I knew the rational behind the gift but will say thank you Delta for taking me beyond 90k MQM YTD
5k for me....I have DL plat and DL Reserve...am PL and have been for 2yrs. No rhyme or reason..thank you DL.....
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:02 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Diamond Hilton Honors
10K showed up for me about an hour ago... COOL!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:05 pm

10K for my mom who hit FO on 2 flights. She has no DL credit cards and is a very infrequent flyer.

0 for me (PM w/Skymiles card), my father (same flights as mom), partner (gold SM card) and brother.

No rhyme or reason.

Though I guess the wonderful headphones and plane model I got at the DO.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:06 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
mysterious 5k here. . . . so let's stop posting our bonuses and let's try to figure what's up? Gotta be the roll out of the 4th tier, IMHO.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, HH Dia, yadda, yadda....
Originally Posted by davakkar
I can't confirm this, but I think the "9M" just has to do with the year - and perhaps something else (M=Medallion?)

I have an entry for 9M DL.COM BK for 500 miles, which I presume is for booking tickets online - so I don't think it's specifically related to the UP TO TRPL promotion
You are probably right. It was just a theory.
The mystery continues....but a good mystery!
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:07 pm

Programs: Former DL PM, current level: tin
5k, I'll take it though I would have liked the 10k, would have put me into plat range! Have no idea, was FO for the first time last year, hit GM last week....
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by photo_guy
The mystery continues....but a good mystery!
Make everybody a Plat, then folks have to go for the Reserve card as the tie breaker for FC UGs.

Once every one has the Reserve card, then they have to buy into higher fare classes to compete for the UGs.

Revenue enhancement.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM 1MM™, Alaska MVPG75K, Marriott LTTE, United SE, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by boeingATL
Gotta be the roll out of the 4th tier, IMHO.
Agreed. Sounds like they're leveling the playing field before announcing the new tiers and qualifications. Perhaps those with low YTD MQMs get 10K, those with "medium" YTD MQMs get 5K, and those with "a lot" of YTD MQMs get none? That'd drive folks who weren't flying a lot before to think that the new tiers are achievable before year-end...

Back in 3Q2005 when HP was finalizing the acquisition of US, US offered some great requalification or up-tier bonuses for current US elites so they had as many elites as possible on the books - in theory to make the deal a little sweeter for HP. That, and immediately thereafter they created the fourth Platinum Preferred tier below Chairman's Preferred - so I'm sure there was some customer satisfaction in play.

Perhaps they're doing the same with the NW folks - make the deal a little sweeter - and realized they can't do it just for NW and had to cover the existing DL elites as well?
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:15 pm

Called delta member services - here is the deal about the mqm gift

Only SELECT Delta (and NW) Members got a bonus. 3 versions of MQM's given. 5K, 10K, or 15K - ALL BASED ON LOYALTY!! I've been a member since 1996 and got 5K. Has nothing to do with credit cards from what the Rep says. Probably spending and travel patterns. She says they are trying to keep this gift program under the radar. 5K is better than nothing!!

Maybe Delta and NW are planning on announcing more cut backs or major changes to the Skymiles Program and this is a way to soften the blow!!

Thoughts????
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:16 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Unless there's some rational explanation, this potentially represents another devaluation of status...

I have received zero. GM with a DL Platinum Amex, flew during the Triple MQM promotion. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to who got it.

Originally Posted by wspfan
Maybe Delta and NW are planning on announcing more cut backs or major changes to the Skymiles Program and this is a way to soften the blow!!
Or heightens it if you didn't get it. Certainly makes me less incentivized to earn any more.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Not just one rock, but a pile of rocks here.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by wspfan
Only SELECT Delta (and NW) Members got a bonus. 3 versions of MQM's given. 5K, 10K, or 15K - ALL BASED ON LOYALTY!! I've been a member since 1996 and got 5K. Has nothing to do with credit cards from what the Rep says. Probably spending and travel patterns. She says they are trying to keep this gift program under the radar. 5K is better than nothing!!

Thoughts????

I'd have to call some BS on this. My mother, who got 10K, is a first time elite (on any airline) and she hit it this year because of the Double MQM promo (did 1 BE RT to South America and one F round trip to the West Coast). Lifetime MQM's for her = 130K.

My father got a rock. His SM # starts with 100. 3-5 years of Silver/Gold/Plat and then retired a while ago. Lifetime MQM's = 330K

I got a rock as well. 3rd year plat. 350K MQM's lifetime, 135K this year.

Partner got a rock. 1st year as a silver, 50K MQM's lifetime. 16K (15 segments) this year. Likely will not requalify himself, will get gold from my 150K gift.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
My entire family of 5 got 10K each. My business associate who travels more frequently got 5k, and his wife who had accumulated exactly 0 MQMs this year got 5k. All 7 of us are medallions, but two of my kids only earned status last month. No pattern between FO/GM/PM and amount of award.

By the way, due to the MQM candyman, my daughter will reach PM with only 2.5 round-trips and NO credit card MQMs. Only my son won't make PM, because he'll have 1.5 round-trips giving him 70k miles. Something tells me I won't be at the top of the upgrade list as often.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.