Second Bag Fee Rebate Program

 

Old Dec 18, 08, 10:17 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: BHM, MAN (blue not red)(city not united)
Programs: Delta PM, HH, CRC
Posts: 1,014
Second Bag Fee Rebate Program

Not sure if this has been posted... Searched but did not fine..

Second Bag Fee Rebate Program
On April 9, 2008, we announced that we would begin charging $25 for a second checked bag effective for all travel on or after May 5, 2008.

Although this fee applied to all passengers regardless of when they purchased their ticket, we have made a business decision to offer those passengers who purchased tickets prior to April 9, 2008 for travel after May 5, 2008, a rebate of this fee.


----

Check Your Eligibility

-----

File online rebate form

-----


Second Bag Fee Rebate Program
On April 9, 2008, we announced that we would begin charging $25 for a second checked bag effective for all travel on or after May 5, 2008. Although this fee applied to all passengers regardless of when they purchased their ticket, we have made a business decision to offer those passengers who purchased tickets prior to April 9, 2008 for travel after May 5, 2008, a rebate of this fee.

If you are a customer who paid for a second bag, either on your departure and/or your return flight and your ticket was purchased prior to April 9, 2008, you will need to complete the online form to request a rebate. (This form must be filled out for each ticketed passenger).

It will help to have certain information handy before you fill out the form. We will need this so we can determine if you are eligible for this rebate. Required areas will include:

Passenger Name
Passenger Address
Baggage receipt number
Date fee paid
Departure date
Airport location
Flight number
Form of payment
Email address
Skymiles number

Here are two examples of where you will find most of the information needed:

Sample Receipt from check-in Desk:


Sample Receipt from Email:
stevenryals is offline  
Old Dec 18, 08, 1:12 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Posts: 5,647
Originally Posted by stevenryals View Post
Not sure if this has been posted... Searched but did not fine..

Second Bag Fee Rebate Program
On April 9, 2008, we announced that we would begin charging $25 for a second checked bag effective for all travel on or after May 5, 2008.

Although this fee applied to all passengers regardless of when they purchased their ticket, we have made a business decision to offer those passengers who purchased tickets prior to April 9, 2008 for travel after May 5, 2008, a rebate of this fee...
Not really a business decision. This was mandated by some government agency. I think it should be automatic, rather than making pax ask for it. Most won't know about this process.
andymo99 is offline  
Old Dec 18, 08, 1:59 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Atlanta
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Posts: 3,656
Yes this was posted months ago.
zsmith2 is offline  
Old Dec 18, 08, 2:26 pm
  #4  
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MN
Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Posts: 11,887
Originally Posted by andymo99 View Post
Not really a business decision. This was mandated by some government agency. I think it should be automatic, rather than making pax ask for it. Most won't know about this process.
I totally agree. This is SO bogus. Actually I think someone could legitimately contest the charge on their credit card for this though I am not sure if the credit card company would be so easy to refund the amount.

Anyone who pays this charge should bring in coins to pay for it. True, the frontline agents aren't the ones who implemented this charge but they are part of the organization and if enough people do it, it will get to the top pretty quickly.
fti is offline  
Old Dec 19, 08, 8:44 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: gggrrrovvveee (ORD)
Programs: UA silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 5,959
Originally Posted by fti View Post
Anyone who pays this charge should bring in coins to pay for it.
Why, so you can be this guy? lol...
gobluetwo is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread