FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   Second Bag Fee Rebate Program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/900702-second-bag-fee-rebate-program.html)

stevenryals Dec 18, 2008 10:17 am

Second Bag Fee Rebate Program

Not sure if this has been posted... Searched but did not fine..

On April 9, 2008, we announced that we would begin charging $25 for a second checked bag effective for all travel on or after May 5, 2008.

Although this fee applied to all passengers regardless of when they purchased their ticket, we have made a business decision to offer those passengers who purchased tickets prior to April 9, 2008 for travel after May 5, 2008, a rebate of this fee.

----

Check Your Eligibility

-----

File online rebate form

-----

On April 9, 2008, we announced that we would begin charging $25 for a second checked bag effective for all travel on or after May 5, 2008. Although this fee applied to all passengers regardless of when they purchased their ticket, we have made a business decision to offer those passengers who purchased tickets prior to April 9, 2008 for travel after May 5, 2008, a rebate of this fee.

If you are a customer who paid for a second bag, either on your departure and/or your return flight and your ticket was purchased prior to April 9, 2008, you will need to complete the online form to request a rebate. (This form must be filled out for each ticketed passenger).

It will help to have certain information handy before you fill out the form. We will need this so we can determine if you are eligible for this rebate. Required areas will include:

Passenger Name
Passenger Address
Baggage receipt number
Date fee paid
Departure date
Airport location
Flight number
Form of payment
Email address
Skymiles number

Here are two examples of where you will find most of the information needed:

Sample Receipt from check-in Desk:

Sample Receipt from Email:

andymo99 Dec 18, 2008 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by stevenryals (Post 10928928)
Not sure if this has been posted... Searched but did not fine..

On April 9, 2008, we announced that we would begin charging $25 for a second checked bag effective for all travel on or after May 5, 2008.

Although this fee applied to all passengers regardless of when they purchased their ticket, we have made a business decision to offer those passengers who purchased tickets prior to April 9, 2008 for travel after May 5, 2008, a rebate of this fee...

Not really a business decision. This was mandated by some government agency. I think it should be automatic, rather than making pax ask for it. Most won't know about this process.

zsmith2 Dec 18, 2008 1:59 pm

Yes this was posted months ago.

fti Dec 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by andymo99 (Post 10930004)
Not really a business decision. This was mandated by some government agency. I think it should be automatic, rather than making pax ask for it. Most won't know about this process.

I totally agree. This is SO bogus. Actually I think someone could legitimately contest the charge on their credit card for this though I am not sure if the credit card company would be so easy to refund the amount.

Anyone who pays this charge should bring in coins to pay for it. True, the frontline agents aren't the ones who implemented this charge but they are part of the organization and if enough people do it, it will get to the top pretty quickly.

gobluetwo Dec 19, 2008 8:44 am

Originally Posted by fti (Post 10930484)
Anyone who pays this charge should bring in coins to pay for it.

Why, so you can be this guy? lol... :D