Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Which would you like in the CRC, free wireless or a fee with tech support?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Which of the following options would you prefer in the Crown Room Club?
Free wireless internet access with no technical support.
100.00%
Fee-based wireless internet access with technical support.
0%
Not sure.
0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Which would you like in the CRC, free wireless or a fee with tech support?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/3.4 MM, DLAmex Plat, PC Plat, MR Gold, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite, Hertz Gold 5*
Free WiFi

Originally Posted by Lehava
THANK YOU to whichever mod did the work to break this out to its own thread, much appreciated
Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:44 pm

Yet another vote for "free"!
Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Free!!!!
Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
We don't need no stinkin' tech support.
What Gargoyle said ... has my vote for sure^
Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:52 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DeltaCustomerInsights
OK--Let me ask everyone about this. Which of the following options would you prefer in the Crown Room Club?

Free wireless internet access with no technical support - Wireless internet access that would have no connection fee, but would have no technical support in case of connectivity issues. The connection would be available within the Crown Club only.
OR
Fee-based wireless internet access with technical support - Wireless internet access that would have a connection fee, but would have technical support available in case of connectivity issues. The connection would be available at venues outside the Crown Room Club, or even outside of the airport.

Frank Wrenn
Delta Customer Insights
I'd rather the free wireless without tech support.

The pay wireless with tech support is what you offer today, through T-Mobile.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by gforce
Free internet access for sure! I've been to a few CO Prez clubs and have yet to see anyone getting stuck while trying to access the web/e-mail etc.
Oh and yeah, it'd be great if you could use a encryption network somehow. It sucks trying to see people squatting on the floor just outside a club and catching the damn signal.
I've only ever gotten onto the free wireless network at a NorthWest World Club once, and the time I was successful, the connection speed was slower than dialup
Old Feb 9, 2007, 6:03 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
No doubt about it: Free internet.

If the Las Vegas airport can do it, surely the Crown Rooms can.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 6:17 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Delta
Originally Posted by DeltaCustomerInsights
OK--Let me ask everyone about this. Which of the following options would you prefer in the Crown Room Club?

Free wireless internet access with no technical support - Wireless internet access that would have no connection fee, but would have no technical support in case of connectivity issues. The connection would be available within the Crown Club only.
OR
Fee-based wireless internet access with technical support - Wireless internet access that would have a connection fee, but would have technical support available in case of connectivity issues. The connection would be available at venues outside the Crown Room Club, or even outside of the airport.

Frank Wrenn
Delta Customer Insights
How about option C -
Free Wireless, with the option of a pay per call tech support. I wouldn't need it, but it would be nice for those who are less tech savvy to have the option to call someone for assistance.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
Free is good. But it needs to work, i.e. there needs to be support to fix the wifi if the network is down :P
Old Feb 9, 2007, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Free of course, tech support is not needed the stuff is pretty idiotproof these days.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 6:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Free wireless. If it works, there is no need for tech support.

Beware of people outside the CRC using it. Would be best if it required a SSID or PW. NW WC does this.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL-DM; HHonors-Diamond; SPG-Platinum; Marriott-Gold
I want it Free!

Another vote for "Free Wireless Internet" ^
Old Feb 9, 2007, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, Starwood Plat, Hertz 5*
Free wireless ^
Old Feb 9, 2007, 6:42 pm

Free is nice, of course, but I'd be willing to spring a few bucks for a network that works reliably. And, unlike the terminal network in ATL, one that doesn't play funny games with IP address mapping that prevents it from working with corporate network gateways.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Free wireless.

As it is, I go to the NW WCs with the CRC membership just for the free wi-fi internet.

I'm unlikely to ever deal with outside tech support, and certainly not in relation to merely getting connected to the internet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.