Wiki Posts
Search

Unabashed Cholula Spam

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2005, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by socrates
An hour??? I've seen them turn a 753 in under 40 mins (both deplaning & enplaning)
Yes, I have seen NWA take an hour to board a 753. I didn't come back to FT and complain, I figured it was just something that happens every now and then.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Modapa
Well, here I sit at home, my flight got cancelled...not because there were any problems between CLE and SEA, but because the pilot was stuck in NJ. The CO people at the gate would not rebook anyones flight
I can just see it. The pilot was stuck in NJ, because the CO flight there was cancelled since it didn't have a pilot. That pilot was stuck in CLE and couldn't get a flight to NJ....
Old Aug 15, 2005, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Canarsie
True, true...

...by the way, Traveller should I tell everyone here that I have also seen you in person without your FOO FOO dress on?
Even I won't touch that one!!!
Old Aug 15, 2005, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lehava
They stopped having them on Delta and Delta connection back in March (they went away around the time the pillows did). Yes it is 6 months later and I am still in mourning on both.
Biscoffs (2 cookies to the pack) can be found in every Northwest Worldclub
Old Aug 15, 2005, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lehava
Nope on the upgrade - but I knew I had no chance before I left BGM, I was 25th on the waiting list and only 6 seats were available at that point, so I changed my ff# back to my DL number, figured I might as well get my skymiles if I wasnt going to be upgraded. You know I got thinking about that issue too. Why is it to get an upgrade you have to have the plane you are flying on's number on the reservation. Arent elite upgrades supposed to be our award for earning status, which we did the year before. Where we put our current miles should have NOTHING to do with getting an upgrade. That upgrade is not a reward for our current flights, but a perk for past loyalty.

As for what I didnt like, the FA's just seemed rude (on both flights). And every time I am on an NWA flight things just seem very disorganized, from check in to the GA's to the flights. Perfect example...my flight from DTW to MSP was delayed because we didnt start boarding until after our take off time (and then it took an hour to board). Why were we delayed, because the GA decided it was more important to spend all her time on the phone trying to find a missing stoller from an inbound passenger on the flight before us. Instead of getting someone else to handle the stroller issue or boarding the flight then dealing with it, she spent her time keeping 1 person happy at the cost of an entire plane full of people. It was insane! It also kinda ticked me off you couldnt get any type of snack without BUYING their pitiful trail mix. I didnt spend almost $600 on a flight to buy a 1/8 oz bag of granola. Snacks on DL are sad but at least they arent nickeling and diming us on them.

We can gripe about DL and they have their faults but their service just seems above and beyond what I see on other carriers.

That and like I said I am also reconsidering my stance on CRJ's on flights under 3 hours. Unless I am doing a long haul I think I am going to stick to not sitting in that kind of chaos again.

I have been upgraded on every NW flight except 2 in the last 2 years.

IMHO, the service on both is comparable. NW does have a labor issue right now and DL is bleeding money like a sieve.

My only problem on NW is no IFE. But I bring my MP3 or DVD player and I can pick what I want ...and..It is not censored!

To each his/her own.

And, what the Hell does this discussion have to do with CHOLULA?
Old Aug 15, 2005, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by indufan
What is so special about Winston-Salem?
Smart-A$$
Old Aug 15, 2005, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikey1003
My only problem on NW is no IFE. But I bring my MP3 or DVD player and I can pick what I want ...and..It is not censored!
Oh, yes, I remember that video. One time last year when I was on AZ coach, I went back to the galley to get a glass of water. There was a large group of men standing around, including several male flight attendants, watching an uncensored video on one Pax's laptop. I guess that's their version of IFE.

See, Dov always wonders where the AZ flight attendants disappear to after meal service, since he never sees them again until breakfast service. Maybe he's missing something which he would appreciate. He should go look for them.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
See, Dov always wonders where the AZ flight attendants disappear to after meal service,
That's not true. I wonder where AZ flight attendants disappear to during meal service!
Old Aug 15, 2005, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dovster
That's not true. I wonder where AZ flight attendants disappear to during meal service!
Well, maybe you should start exploring. Who knows, maybe you'll end up with a second UIG.

Old Aug 15, 2005, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Attack of the RJ's!!! Wonder if they'll have CHS in F

Monday, August 15, 2005

Delta adds Salt Lake flights to Detroit, Indianapolis, Columbus

Associated Press

http://www.detnews.com/2005/business.../01-281151.htm
Old Aug 15, 2005, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wink

deleted because of serious errors in judgement

Last edited by mikey1003; Aug 15, 2005 at 3:46 pm
Old Aug 15, 2005, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wink

Originally Posted by Dovster
I admit it. I am spamming. But I just got my first taste of Cholula's hot sauce and wanted to let you all know that the stuff is delicious.

Not only is it good for spamming, but it would even make the original Spam taste good. In fact, I would go as far as to say that if they put it on Delta's international coach dinners they would even become edible.

Run, do not walk, to www.cholula.com and order cases of the sauce -- or even better, tell your airline to buy cases so you can eat if for free.
This is Post number 1 of this thread. September 17, 2003.

The Dovster started this mess, er great thread, about a great product CHOLULA HOT SAUCE!!!

So, I am publicly thanking The Dovster, Israel's gift to FT for giving us years of entertainment, recipies, CHOLULA sightings and some good old fashoned Bull S**t!!!

I am going to re-read every post starting here and comment when needed

More to follow ^
Old Aug 15, 2005, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gleff
I used the sauce occasionally before coming to Flyertalk.

I use the sauce consistenly now that I know FT and cholula. And I don't let my girlfriend use powdered mexican seasoning and tobasco anymore.

You know what? This topic is very far afield from Delta and Skymiles. But if the "Moderators Keep On Moderating" thread (also off-topic) can be left open, so can this one. Cholula sauce was part of the SaveSkyMiles campaign, and so related. And the answer to "can you give me some examples of folks that are DL 4MMs?" could include Cholula.

Okay, maybe I'm shoehorning here, but, well, I'm human and not a computer. So just go ahead and reference this thread the next time you want to complain about moderator inconsistency...

Post #22, GLEFFgives this thread the FT Moderator seal of approval!!!!!
Old Aug 15, 2005, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If any of you think that I am going to keep this up....

You are crazier than I am
Old Aug 15, 2005, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by mikey1003
You are crazier than I am
I just thought that if you were going to reply to every one of these posts all of us would soon be crazy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.