Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atlanta Airport Parking

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2007, 12:39 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by gator21
I used ParkNFly for 10 years but couldn't take their drivers attitudes, lack of checkout lanes and just 1 or 2 buses running late night. The latter was the final straw with flights running late and 150+ people waiting on a bus.

I now use the Parking Spot. It is a little further but you can set up an account and use a swipe card to enter and exit. Buses are more frequent. There is covered parking. Newpapers in the morning. They also have beverages for your drive home.
You can setup a swipe card to enter and exit for ParkNFly as well. I was not impressed with the regular ParkNFly (the one closest to the airport on Camp Creek, but the ParkNFly Plus a little further down is great.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
i used PreFlight for personal travel and business travel when i was there with plenty of time to spare. they're usually pretty good about pickups/dropoffs, although there have been 1 or 2 times where i waited for several minutes with no pickups. fortunately, the ph # is on the card and they come very promptly after a call. seemed to be the best compromise between cost and distance, for me, at least. also, online coupons.

otherwise, i used North daily. i did online checkins with DL so not an issue being on the wrong side, and parking is typically much easier, particularly on a Tuesday morning (ugh).

my stepmother uses the parking spot (company negotiated rate). it's a little farther than PreFlight, but rates a little lower. there seem to be plenty of shuttle buses, so pickups and dropoffs also not an issue.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 5:25 pm

Programs: Delta PM,UA 1P,
Wow!!
Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm not sure what I am gonna do yet. I will try out your suggestions until I find the right combination of conveneince and safety ( I usually get home pretty late at night, which made Marta kind of an adventure) Thanks again

Dan
Old Aug 16, 2007, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by jfulcher
The gold lot is crazy expensive too. Like 24-28 per day.
Agreed. I think it is $1 per hour (obviously that would make it $24 per day ). I recall the contract you sign mentions you agree to park some minimum number of hours each month or they charge you a fee anyway.

I wonder when ATL will bring in valet parking service? I think I've seen it offered at BWI and SFO so far.

I ^ PreFlight. Their location also makes it convenient of the OP to get on 75/85 North and head back home to the country and away from civilization...
Old Aug 16, 2007, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL DM; 3.1 MM
Originally Posted by yashan
Agreed. I think it is $1 per hour (obviously that would make it $24 per day ). I recall the contract you sign mentions you agree to park some minimum number of hours each month or they charge you a fee anyway.
The fee is, in fact, $2 for the first hour, with a maximum charge of $24 for 24 hours. Obviously, it's expensive. But, for those of us who can charge their parking fees to clients, and particularly clients who are accustomed to steeper fees at many other large metropolitan airports, it's a great arrangement. I managed to get into the lot more than 15 years ago, and I estimate that the access to that lot has saved me more than 1000 hours of transit time over the years. When you couple the location close to the terminal with the perk of avoiding all on-site parking check-out booths (or shuttles to off-site locations), it makes a huge difference time-wise.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 9:54 am

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by yashan

I wonder when ATL will bring in valet parking service? I think I've seen it offered at BWI and SFO so far.

I ^ PreFlight. Their location also makes it convenient of the OP to get on 75/85 North and head back home to the country and away from civilization...
The lot I use @ LAX has valet parking, but for the extra few bucks a day, it's really not worth it unless you're extremely pressed for time.

As for ATL, yes the Gold Parker lot rocks. It rocked even more before DL expanded the downstairs check-in.

I would agree with Chaz; if you're looking for convenience (read, close to the terminal, no shuttle needed), then the North Term lot is your best bet. Just my $.02
Old Aug 17, 2007, 10:03 am

I use PreFlight. I get 40% off and really enjoy the occasional 6 free days of parking certificates. I use to use the west lot because I didn't have to get a shuttle and pthe price was reasonable.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 10:32 am

Programs: DL FO, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Like the others, I use PreFlight. The pittance of DL miles isn't worth it, but the free parking (5 days after $180 spending) is nice for your leisure trips.

I just calculated you would have to spend $290 to get 5 free days of uncovered parking at the Parking Spot. I am not sure if PreFlight is covered or uncovered for free days. And does PreFlight give anything other than 5 day certs? The website at Parking Spot allows you to redeem a time frame to the hour for covered or uncovered awards.
I have had great service for many years with Parking Spot. They always have at least one bus (usually two) waiting at the airport and it leaves quickly after you arrive. The only complaint is sometimes if you are first on a bus at the lot they drive around for 5-10 minutes picking up more people. Also, they can't do anything about there location but I figure it only adds 3-4 minutes to the drive from the closest lots on Camp Creek. There are 10-15% off coupons in the Money Mailers envelopes.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 10:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
I switched from Preflight to WallyPark recently. Preflight started having issues with pickups on Thursday evenings. One driver even said he was "stuck in traffic" on Camp Creek. Yeah, right.

Wally Park is a smaller lot but much cheaper than Preflight (not that I really care) and the drivers are considerate and do their best to get you to/from the terminal quickly. I also appreciate the "Wally water" they have on board. The only negative is that the covered parking is smaller spaces but that's always an issue with the Denali
Old Aug 21, 2007, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by AdamS
I am not sure if PreFlight is covered or uncovered for free days. And does PreFlight give anything other than 5 day certs?
The last 5-day cert I got from the PreFlight folks also said that you could apply $42.50 towards your covered parking fees, though no change is given nor is a balance carried over.

Other than the periodic SkyMiles, I've never gotten anything other than the 5-day certs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.