Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atlanta Airport Parking

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2007, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Personally, I just park in the Long-Term parking garage lots in North or South terminals every Monday AM.

It isn't too economical, but my car has never been tampered with, dinged, or scratched.

I try to park as far away as possible so there are less cars and people moving past my vehicle.

I'd go crazy if I relied on MARTA to get me to the airport on hectic travel days
Old Aug 15, 2007, 6:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM/CRC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver
I have used PreFlight Parking, which is on Camp Creek Pkwy, for the last year. They are very good at getting shuttles back and forth to the airport and seem to have a safe, secure lot. You can get a few extra Delta points as well - not really enough to fly around the world with, but every little bit helps. They also have a frequent parker program that allows you to earn free parking. I have been pleased enough over the last year to use them exclusively, but I would suspect that there are other services that compare well.

http://www.preflightparking.com/
Old Aug 15, 2007, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA
I use Park & Fly. It's the first lot on the right on Camp Creek inside 285.
They have covered as well as open, and you can make reservations during peak times. I have never had to wait for the shuttle in the lot, and only a few minutes at the airport while waiting for additional passengers.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 6:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Delta Platinum AA Platinum
Use daily $14 in the North lot even if you are flying Delta...it is convenient...depending on when you leave, you can park pretty close to the bottom floor of the terminal and you are at security within 5 minutes of unloading your car.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by tonerman
I have moved out to the sticks (read Athens)

Dan
Don't worry Dan. If the Athens Chamber of Commerce has their way there won't be anymore sticks left around here soon.

You can check out AAA Airport Express (http://www.aaaairportexpress.com/) It's $40 o/w and works for all but the earliest and latest flights.
I recently parked at the Lenox MARTA station for 15 days. Upon leaving as I pulled up to the booth the cashier waved me through saying she wasn't set up yet (Sunday morning around 9:00). Saved me $60.

Last edited by The Juiceman; Aug 15, 2007 at 10:24 pm
Old Aug 15, 2007, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, GPP Silver
Thumbs up Pre Flight Parking

As defelvis, I use Preflight on Camp Creek Pkway. I've been with them now about six yrs and service is very good. They pick you up at your car at open spaces ($9 day) or covered spaces ($12 day). Drop off is right in front of terminal with no walk like the on-site airport lots. Free USA Today is offered durng shuttle ride. They offer 250 Delta bonus miles for so many days of parking. Also after a certian $ spend with them they give you three or four days of free parking. Their website has coupons for about $1 off per day of parking. The construction of the new car rental train has moved their pick up locaiton a bit further out than it use to be.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:34 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
I used to park in South Daily. They made it so difficult to get between levels that it's a hassle if a level fills up.

I have since started using Park and Fly Plus which has Self uncovered/covered and Valet uncovered/covered. You can even pay them to wash your car and change your oil while you are gone. I'm anal and don't let valets touch my car, but most people seem to be happy with their service.

My company has a negotiated rate with them, you may want to look into something similar for your company.

While you are in Athens go pee on the hedges for me! Go Jackets!
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:36 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Gold Medallion
I use the Parking Spot on Camp Creek. Lots of buses and friendly drivers.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 6:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
Park 'n Ride - $9 per day, on the airport campus (if you can call it that) never ever wait for a pick up in or out. Great service, always friendly drivers.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 7:03 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
I avoid the on-site airport parking since it can fill up mid-week, adding an extra half to full hour to your already-close flight while you scour Camp Creek for an available spot. I had my car broken in to in the Daily decks (Marta access has its downsides), which was the final straw.

Like the others, I use PreFlight. The pittance of DL miles isn't worth it, but the free parking (5 days after $180 spending) is nice for your leisure trips. The most important benefit is, if you sign up for their card, that they will guarantee a parking space even when they have to close the lot to the general public because it is full. This has saved my butt more than a few times when I had to leave on a Wednesday afternoon.

I'm sure the other lots on Camp Creek offer similar programs, but you have to sign up and be a regular parker to enjoy the benefits.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 7:26 am

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Platinum; Starwood Gold; Hilton Silver; Hertz Five Star (sound familar?)
Originally Posted by oosillyoo
Ditto on "The Parking Spot". Fast and convenient. They even allow "reservations", extra charge of course, that guarantees a space. I know when they fill up, they take valet (but never had to use it). They have a good frequent parker program. I have something like 3 weeks of parking saved up.

Alan
Old Aug 16, 2007, 7:37 am

Programs: UA Plat, DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CrimsonHoo
Call the parking authorities at Hartsfield and find out how long the wait list is to get a spot in the Gold Lots. They are adjacent to the terminals, and they issue access cards for rapid entry and exit. The fee is then charged to a credit card on file. It is extremely convenient, but last I heard there may be a multi-year waiting list.
The current waiting list is over 300 people. Would be nice if the Airport would note that somehow on their parking website.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 8:21 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PL 2MM, UA 1P, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
North Parking

Short of getting a coveted spot in one of the gold lots, I have found that using the North Terminal parking is more convenient than the South Terminal.

There seem to be more open spaces and the SM security lines are shorter on the north side.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 8:34 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
The gold lot is crazy expensive too. Like 24-28 per day.
Old Aug 16, 2007, 11:55 am

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by oosillyoo
I used ParkNFly for 10 years but couldn't take their drivers attitudes, lack of checkout lanes and just 1 or 2 buses running late night. The latter was the final straw with flights running late and 150+ people waiting on a bus.

I now use the Parking Spot. It is a little further but you can set up an account and use a swipe card to enter and exit. Buses are more frequent. There is covered parking. Newpapers in the morning. They also have beverages for your drive home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.